Vintage Video

J

Johnny

Morning All.Hope everyone is well in Moz land.Can anyone clarify what was the name of the boxing club that Morrissey had on his T- shirts a few years ago ?. It was something like Camden or Canning Town.
Also,as part of the inaugural meeting of the Morrissey Appreciation Society which was held in my bedroom last Friday night(current membership 1),I managed to get my hands on some rare footage of The Smiths and Morrissey.

One of the clips I had was for a"video" (dare I utter the word) for "Shoplifters"...or it could have been "How Soon".Perhaps a prmotional film is a more accurate phrase to use.

Anyway,the point I am getting at is that in part of the video clip Morrissey is seen walking through a park to meet a woman who is probably in her mid to late 40's.She is good looking and with blonde hair.He hugs her and they link arms and embrace.They then walk along chatting away and Morrissey is beaming from ear to ear!

I know this sounds odd but it is amazing film. The woman is NOT Viv Nicholson(much more attractive). It is also NOT Mrs Morrissey.
Soooooo....can anyone tell me who that woman is?.
Thanks

Johnny

Re: Vintage Video - Margi stuff

> I know this sounds odd but it is amazing film. The woman is NOT Viv
> Nicholson(much more attractive). It is also NOT Mrs Morrissey.
> Soooooo....can anyone tell me who that woman is?.
> Thanks > Johnny

It was Margi Clarke.. I believe she was in the film 'Letter To Brezhnev' if you are indulging in her looks.. She has done drama series on Brit TV as well.. wasn't she in that fabulous cult series 'Making Out'..

Ruffian

> It was Margi Clarke.. I believe she was in the film 'Letter To Brezhnev'
> if you are indulging in her looks.. She has done drama series on Brit TV
> as well.. wasn't she in that fabulous cult series 'Making Out'..

> Ruffian

Ruffian!!! As if I would do something as vulgar as ogle at a woman .This video is a gem though. No doubt I will bore everything to death with more info as the week progresses.

Did you know the shirt answer ?

Re: margi clarke

I thought he said the woman was attractive??!!

> Ruffian!!! As if I would do something as vulgar as ogle at a woman .This
> video is a gem though. No doubt I will bore everything to death with more
> info as the week progresses.

> Did you know the shirt answer ?

The shirt might be ' Canning Town Sauna Club. He wore it at kentish town forum during the 1999 tour. I think he put it on after he had lobbed his 'west ham boys club' one into the crowd. I took a couple of photos that night and one of them has him wearing the canning town one.
If I remember right it also has a west ham motif, i.e. the crossed hammers.

> The shirt might be ' Canning Town Sauna Club. He wore it at kentish town
> forum during the 1999 tour. I think he put it on after he had lobbed his
> 'west ham boys club' one into the crowd. I took a couple of photos that
> night and one of them has him wearing the canning town one.
> If I remember right it also has a west ham motif, i.e. the crossed
> hammers.

Just to add that it was a black tee with white writing and logo, unlike the claret and amber of the WHU one.