Vintage Video: Morrissey soundchecks, hangs out during ‘Kill Uncle’ tour in 1991

The Seeker of Good Songs

As we wait for the delayed announcement of Morrissey’s U.S. tour this fall, here’s a little something to bide the time: eight minutes of rare footage from 1991′s Kill Uncle tour, showing Moz milling about the Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa, Calif., until, around the 4:40 mark, he joins his band onstage to soundcheck “Sing Your Life.” The footage — just uploaded to YouTube yesterday and posted on mozzandmarr’s Tumblr — is from June 1, 1991, which was the second night of the first U.S. leg of the Kill Uncle tour. According to Passions Just Like Mine, the concert was filmed for MTV, but the music network only showed soundcheck performances of “Sing Your Life” and “There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends” along with interviews of the band members. Later, three songs from the show itself — “Will Never Marry,” “Sing Your Life” and “Mute Witness” — were shown on ABC’s “In Concert.”
Below, you can see soundcheck footage of “There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends.”

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/08/27/morrissey-soundcheck-kill-uncle-sing-your-life-1991

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom