Morrissey Central "VINTAGE JOHN LYDON AND MORRISSEY PHOTO" (March 12, 2022)

0-5_odxkeb.jpg

photo supplied by Tommy Solomon : original source unknown.

Reportedly backstage at a White Stripes gig, 2005.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you, Vex and TheSmiths_1985 for that, that certainly is kind of you both and quite helpful! (Sorry, I’m old(er) and don’t know how to do that @ in the names:/)

The hatred for that butter advert is monumental.

I was more horrified that Lydon murdered rats when he was on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

They're mainly bought from breeders as props - so they don't run away from humans & he battered them to death.
remember john lydon saying he was treated with more respect from the people who owned the butter company than from any record company in his whole career.

Is this really 2005? Despite the lack of sideburns, I would have guessed mid-90s. Probably around the time of the Pistols reunion 1996.

Is this really 2005? Despite the lack of sideburns, I would have guessed mid-90s. Probably around the time of the Pistols reunion 1996.
I was just thinking that. So, not White Stripes at all? Wish Central would give more details!

I always thought Morrissey looked like he smelled really good. Wonder which cologne he wears.
Comme des Garçon Incense Avignon.

John Lydon made a butter advert & people thought he was betraying punk.

But also, quite a few years ago, someone found Morrissey's tour rider & it contained a cheese wheel & Kerrygold butter & some posters on here kept making jokes about it.
This was also before M became vegan, but that little tidbit was wholeheartedly ignored by the usual suspects.

And who's the one behind with red hair? I was guessing Keith Flint of The Prodigy.

This was also before M became vegan, but that little tidbit was wholeheartedly ignored by the usual suspects.
Is he really vegan?
From what I've seen, he has danced around the question awkwardly and said things like "I don't eat anything with a mother, that's obvious" or, "I don't call myself vegetarian or vegan" etc. Smoke and mirrors, basically.

And who's the one behind with red hair? I was guessing Keith Flint of The Prodigy.
Definitely looks like him, which also makes it feel like a 90s picture.

Definitely 2005, although I admit in this photo Morrissey looks a bit younger than in other photos from the same period. Must just be the angle!

The dead giveaway is Lydon's appearance. Below is how he appeared in 1996. In the picture with Moz he's clearly older than that (to my eyes anyway).

w.jpg

Moz asking if it's a good Idea? for a Smiths Reunion like the Pistols. Hey it's all our Dream right.
The Past seeks only to be remembered.

Morrissey looks too young in the photo for it to be from 2005. Hairstyle and fashion wise it feels more 1999 - 2000 to me. Does he really look like Quarry era Morrissey here? Was he going out to concerts while promoting Quarry? I don't remember that.

No way is that Moz above as old as this person here.
R-390911-1230333547.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 79718

photo supplied by Tommy Solomon : original source unknown.

Reportedly backstage at a White Stripes gig, 2005.
Regards,
FWD.
Thrilling to see 2 of the last music icons together in 1 picture. The only ones I can think of who didn't die young, sell out or become a cringe, embarassing shitlib.
You know.....like Bono or Silly Dragg

Yeah, M did have a bit of a mullet going on around Maladjusted.
96-97?
Until he decided to get that cropped quiff he was sporting whilst promoting Maladjusted! 😁

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom