Vienna - Konzerthaus (July 21, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway /You're The One For Me, Fatty / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Everyday Is Like Sunday / People Are The Same Everywhere / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by This-Charming Man in the "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" Facebook group

Biting my initials into your neck - by Natalie Brunner, fm4.orf.at. Link to review / pics from libertine99
Morrissey zeigt große Gefühle im Konzerthaus by Hubert Kickinger, wien.orf.at. Link to review from maynardmorrissey
Gegen die Hässlichkeit und die Dummheit - derStandard.at. Link to review from sistermorphine
Vegane Rock- & Schock-Propaganda - kurier.at. Link to review from sistermorphine

Last edited:
Well my first Morrissey gig..I thought he would look gayer, more arrogant and less fit :) but he didn't.I thought of him as "playful" lol maybe because I know the gemini's brain (I own one):) the afterparty was also cool although the dj didn't play our musical request :p:)he's forgiven,because despite this, my boyfriend loved the afterparty at OST more than anything, he was kinda unsatisfied with the duration of the concert and said he will only return to M concerts with afterparties and said that Jesse is not a very good guitarist (BF is into guitars). Boz looked kinda bored, but as far as I've read on his fb wall this his boredom is just an impression of the spectator for he is inwardly smiling. I hope this is the case. We waited for Morrissey to climb his bus behind the Konzerthaus and when he arrived he just waved. He was wearing a grey jacket with a scottish pattern. He must have worn it somewhere else. I had already seen it. We wanted to wait for Boz too because everyone left but then we went away as well, though we regret it now, we were the last ones behind the Konzerthous. When people were waiting for M to go on the bus, the poor Heartbreaks lads were periodically peeping from the third floor window. I kinda felt sorry for them.

While Morrissey was saying some words of praise about Lou Reed, some guy in the front row shouted something in german (or perhaps some other language) and Morrissey stopped talking, turning to the guy in the crowd by saying ''what?what is that supposed to mean?''. Hamburg scenario came to mind and I must say it was rather a tense few seconds. Morrissey luckily moved his attention to some other guy whi was shouting and eventually said '' come on say your opinion,this is a free forum'' :) or something similiar.

Meat is murder was accompained by some rather schoking images from slaughterhouses/animal products industry which was rather shocking and not very ideal for the faint of heart (like me). I always thought that people who said they converted to vegetarianism because of Morrissey are pathetic, but I must say that the impression of the song plus images was very powerful. The song after Meat is murder (and the last song of the gig as well) was The first of the gang to die and I must say that I was not very conscious of what was going on due to Meat is murder. I ate meat the next day anyway, but I am more convinced now than ever that I have to return to non eating it (I was a vegetarian before and not because of Morrissey). I must say that M's anti-carnivore human being is very well designed.

When he stepped on stage he said something like ''music,culture,poetry..what do we want more'' (or something similiar) if anyone is interested. Some fans seemed to exaggerate with dressing up/looking like Morrissey. I have never fully understood the quiff thing,really. Isn't it beautiful to be unique in every aspect?isn't that what morrissey preaches?

Well my first Morrissey gig..I thought he would look gayer, more arrogant and less fit :) but he didn't.I thought of him as "playful" lol maybe because I know the gemini's brain (I own one):) the afterparty was also cool although the dj didn't play our musical request :p:)he's forgiven,because despite this, my boyfriend loved the afterparty at OST more than anything, he was kinda unsatisfied with the duration of the concert and said he will only return to M concerts with afterparties and said that Jesse is not a very good guitarist (BF is into guitars). Boz looked kinda bored, but as far as I've read on his fb wall this his boredom is just an impression of the spectator for he is inwardly smiling. I hope this is the case. We waited for Morrissey to climb his bus behind the Konzerthaus and when he arrived he just waved. He was wearing a grey jacket with a scottish pattern. He must have worn it somewhere else. I had already seen it. We wanted to wait for Boz too because everyone left but then we went away as well, though we regret it now, we were the last ones behind the Konzerthous. When people were waiting for M to go on the bus, the poor Heartbreaks lads were periodically peeping from the third floor window. I kinda felt sorry for them.

While Morrissey was saying some words of praise about Lou Reed, some guy in the front row shouted something in german (or perhaps some other language) and Morrissey stopped talking, turning to the guy in the crowd by saying ''what?what is that supposed to mean?''. Hamburg scenario came to mind and I must say it was rather a tense few seconds. Morrissey luckily moved his attention to some other guy whi was shouting and eventually said '' come on say your opinion,this is a free forum'' :) or something similiar.

Meat is murder was accompained by some rather schoking images from slaughterhouses/animal products industry which was rather shocking and not very ideal for the faint of heart (like me). I always thought that people who said they converted to vegetarianism because of Morrissey are pathetic, but I must say that the impression of the song plus images was very powerful. The song after Meat is murder (and the last song of the gig as well) was The first of the gang to die and I must say that I was not very conscious of what was going on due to Meat is murder. I ate meat the next day anyway, but I am more convinced now than ever that I have to return to non eating it (I was a vegetarian before and not because of Morrissey). I must say that M's anti-carnivore human being is very well designed.

When he stepped on stage he said something like ''music,culture,poetry..what do we want more'' (or something similiar) if anyone is interested. Some fans seemed to exaggerate with dressing up/looking like Morrissey. I have never fully understood the quiff thing,really. Isn't it beautiful to be unique in every aspect?isn't that what morrissey preaches?

Well said. Someone give this man a steak.

Ahojte
koncert bol fantastický ako aj miesto jeho konania.Už hodiny pred koncertom postávali fanúšikovia pred koncertnou halou.Veľa ľudí v dave sa tričkom hlásilo k Morrisseymu čo bolo príjemné na pohľad.Taktiež bolo príjemne sa namiesto security chlapcov stretnúť s dámami ktoré nás usádzali.Áno usádzali.Na naše sedenie doplatila predkapela The Heartbreaks, ktroá zahrala famózne za čo sme sa jej my odplatili našim postojom : v sede. Po chvíle čakania a obdivovania koncertnej sály prišiel Morrissey a začal sa ďaľší z tých okamihov pre ktoré sa oplatí žiť. Na moje prekvapenie MOZZ rozprával ale pôsobil na mňa unavene.S fans si podával ruky a komunikoval.Po MEAT IS MURDER kapela na pokyn Boza nezahrala ďaľšiu pieseň The Kid's A Looker ktorá mala nasledovať a bola na playliste /foto v galérii/ a odišla do zákulisia za Morrisseym aby sa po chvíli vrátila a ukončila tento skvelí koncert.

Back
Top Bottom