VH1 Bands Reunited: The Smiths

G

Greasetea VIII

I'll give 100-1 odds of that happening. I think there's a better chance of Robert Smith or Frank Black taking over lead vocals if The Smiths decided to reunite.

f*** y'all.

> I'll give 100-1 odds of that happening.

Smiths on VH1:Bands Reunited will never happen. Although, in my opinion, the first two episodes were pretty good. They made 80's bands Berlin and Romeo Void actually seem interesting. It was sad to see that the saxaphone player from RV could not play again due to hearing loss and had to watch his former bandmates perform on little a monitor backstage.

Just imagine The Smiths on the show...Moz would barricade himself in his house, too afraid of Samir(?host of the show?) thinking he's some nutty fan. Mike would find the camera crew before they found him. He would lead them to Andy who's DJing at some club. Johnny would have to be tricked and cornered as they did the guitarist of RV. Would they even bother tracking down Craig Gannon?

Apparently,they claim to have"tried to contact morrissey" as well. I could swear KROQ said the same thing a few months back for a certain 80's band reunion???? Its not too hard to find the f***in guy...hell KROq's but a few miles from mozzer's pad...oh wait....is that the one that's sold????? Look,I doubt seriously that they did try to "contact" morrissey....what would be the point of them even bothering??? morrissey despises mike and andy(dont we all??? i do,and rightfully so) and has said he doesnt need or want to work with johnny again. Plus,did you see the shit hole that berlin played in??? give the f***in PIMP if the f***in free world a classier place than that to play...sell out staples for the event.......

> Would they even bother tracking
> down Craig Gannon?

I thought they sacked Gannon in the first place beacuse he didn't seem dedicated?

And who wants to see Andy or Mike now anyway?

We all know that time has treated neither kindly.......

Re: And who wants to see Andy or Mike now anyway?

Believe me...some of the douchebags here would want to see these two f***knuckles on stage again because"they were important to the smiths"...sure they were.

hey, I do!

because they were 1/2 of The Smiths. Is that so hard to understand?

Re: hey, I do!

> because they were 1/2 of The Smiths. Is that so hard to understand?

Saying that Rourke and Joyce were 1/2 of the Smiths is a little too generous, in my opinion.

It was Morrissey and Marr who wrote the songs, who did a lot of the production work, promotional work, and even managed the band between managers. Morrissey and Marr were the creative force behind the band. I definitely think that entitles them to more recognition than Rourke or Joyce.

> Saying that Rourke and Joyce were 1/2 of the Smiths is a little too
> generous, in my opinion.

> It was Morrissey and Marr who wrote the songs, who did a lot of the
> production work, promotional work, and even managed the band between
> managers. Morrissey and Marr were the creative force behind the band. I
> definitely think that entitles them to more recognition than Rourke or
> Joyce.

well, and they get more recognition. I know they were the creative force etc, (BTW - they wouldn't have to manage the group by themselves if Morrissey hadn't act like 6-year-old child or jelaous fool) but that doesn't change the fact that Rourke and Joyce were still the members of The Smiths. And they get not enough recognition. Rouke's bass-playing is hugely underestimated and Joyce is a very good drummer.

Thank you.....they couldve went to any barmitzvah or any f***in bingo parlor and pulled a drummer and a bass player from there and recorded an album. Its not too hard...you keep thinking this "half" thing......It makes for a funny conversation at least...... this "half" you claim...they wouldnt be the same "half" that sued morrissey would they??? that wouldnt be because they werent smart enough to get what they flet they should in the beginning right???? So much for them being "half the band" huh??? anyone who sues morrissey is a f***in douchebag piece of shit who has no talent and needs to catch a serious beating(hence why mike and andy arent doing anything but working the counter at your local chuck e cheese.

Hey anus,if they were as good as you say they are...how come neither is working right now??? and i dont mean suckin cock on the streets of london to pay their bills???? face the facts f***o.....mike joyce and andy rourke are two of the sorriest pieces of shit,and the two worst musicians there's ever been.

> Hey anus,if they were as good as you say they are...how come neither is
> working right now??? and i dont mean suckin cock on the streets of london
> to pay their bills????

why London? couldn't they do it in Manchester? (saving on tickets, y'know) fookin' expert you are, eh?

>face the facts f***o.....mike joyce and andy rourke
> are two of the sorriest pieces of shit,and the two worst musicians there's
> ever been.

no, they're not.