VH 2012 remaster

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29227

Does have anyone have this in flac to share please?
It's the version with Treat Me Like A Human Being on, I think (I hope).
I can't find it through 'usual channels'.

Or was there an even more recent 2015 remaster which included that song?

TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does have anyone have this in flac to share please?
It's the version with Treat Me Like A Human Being on, I think (I hope).
I can't find it through 'usual channels'.

Or was there an even more recent 2015 remaster which included that song?

TIA.
I can FLAC that tonight for you if you don't mind waiting 'till then.
IIRC, Maudlin Street has the butchered running time on that CD - which I can do too if you haven't got it. The Davis/Street remastering does sound good to be fair, but they were doing what they were told re: track choices, running times etc.
Regards,
FWD.

IIRC, Maudlin Street has the butchered running time on that CD - which I can do too if you haven't got it. The Davis/Street remastering does sound good to be fair, but they were doing what they were told re: track choices, running times etc.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks FWD, no problem waiting at all; anything & everything appreciated, as ever.
Many thanks. Very grateful.

Regards,
FWD.

Didn’t someone on here do their own remastering of Late Night and the omitted Ordinary Boys to fit with the other tracks? Maybe it appeared in one of the NHS volumes?

I've managed to get hold of the full VH 2012 re-issue...it does have an odd ending to Maudling Street (runs at 6:45) whereas original (1988) runs at 7:40...but am reading that there was a remastered version in 2015?
Not sure how accurate that is?

I've managed to get hold of the full VH 2012 re-issue...it does have an odd ending to Maudling Street (runs at 6:45) whereas original (1988) runs at 7:40...but am reading that there was a remastered version in 2015?
Not sure how accurate that is?
I did mention this!
The reissue in 1997 (aka:Centenary Edition) is also stated to be a remaster - that's the one with the 8 extra tracks on.
The song was cut short in the 2012 version - all orders coming from on high (see interviews at the time).
The Davis/Street remaster is from 2012 and subsequent versions like the HMV ltd edition in 2015 are the same thing.
Regards,
FWD.

I did mention this!
The reissue in 1997 (aka:Centenary Edition) is also stated to be a remaster - that's the one with the 8 extra tracks on.
The song was cut short in the 2012 version - all orders coming from on high (see interviews at the time).
The Davis/Street remaster is from 2012 and subsequent versions like the HMV ltd edition in 2015 are the same thing.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, you did indeed, FWD. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom