Morrissey Central "Vera Lynn" (August 28, 2020)

VERA LYNN IS UK NUMBER 1 WITH PATRIOTIC BRITISH SONG

MORRISSEY DISPLAYS VERA LYNN ON NME FRONT COVER

d4824f3d9449ca7bb6c39e57ed11255c_1_sdurrx.jpg

kevin cummins
photograph

(As seen recently in the condolences thread).
FWD.

I couldn't care less about patriotism, land, family, blood and owning a culture.
I think family is not all about blood, sometimes you form your own family with good friends and they are often better than your own blood.
I don't believe in just one culture, your own. It is healthy for the mind and exiting to discover other cultures and make your own with all the things your learn and discover from around the world.
Land? I don't own any! I've chosen where to live, and that's not my born and bread land. I believe home is where your heart is. That is not necessarily the place where you were born. We are only part of a land when we die.
Patriotism? No thank you! I wouldn't die for my country, for example, because the decision of going to war it wouldn't represent me. I don't care which team wins a sport game, I don't care if I see a flag, I don't care if I meet other British people when travelling... I love my country as I hate things about it too. Patriotism for me imply to love your country and its people no matter what, be blind folded. In the same way, I don't like the term nationalism.
Vera Lynn? Well, I do like her singing and non-related patriotic songs. Like I do with Morrissey, I separate the artist from politics.

It's not my thing - but I love Elgar & Penda's Fen with its mad exploration of English identity & sexuality. (They keep removing it from YouTube - it's on the Alan Clarke box set).

What is ‘patriotism’ ?

Is it not an identity ?
It’s about care and respect and stewardship, I think.

In a qualified sense, it’s also about deep history.

Most broadly, it recognises the value of the difference that is maintained by tradition; in that sense it usefully stands in opposition to the cognitive sameness/identity persued by today’s supporters of ‘diversity’.

I edited my post literally seconds after posting the original, in order to provide a definition.
Maybe you were a little too eager to jump on it.

Lol. Not eager at all, just answered immediately because I could. And there’s nothing wrong with you adding to your post.

Free speech, free expression

What's (again) the point of this Central post? Morrissey us such a confused, irrational individual. He loathes Britain, he loves Britain? Which one is it? He loves it when it's some little-England nonsense that suits his romantic nostalgia, but he loathes it when it's anything to do with reality.

The world is burning. Who cares about this?

Nobody.
The f***wit on Morrissey Central gets paid per post. If nobody reacts to his messages, he loses his job. We're just making sure there isn't one more homeless person on the streets of Wherever.
(Because we've got evidence that Morrissey doesn't give money to people like that.)

I couldn't care less about patriotism, land, family, blood and owning a culture.
I think family is not all about blood, sometimes you form your own family with good friends and they are often better than your own blood.
I don't believe in just one culture, your own. It is healthy for the mind and exiting to discover other cultures and make your own with all the things your learn and discover from around the world.
Land? I don't own any! I've chosen where to live, and that's not my born and bread land. I believe home is where your heart is. That is not necessarily the place where you were born. We are only part of a land when we die.
Patriotism? No thank you! I wouldn't die for my country, for example, because the decision of going to war it wouldn't represent me. I don't care which team wins a sport game, I don't care if I see a flag, I don't care if I meet other British people when travelling... I love my country as I hate things about it too. Patriotism for me imply to love your country and its people no matter what, be blind folded. In the same way, I don't like the term nationalism.
Vera Lynn? Well, I do like her singing and non-related patriotic songs. Like I do with Morrissey, I separate the artist from politics.
I agree with most things you say, except separate Morrissey the artist from politics.

Sometimes, in very few specific moments, I wish I could, because it hurts a little...

Theoretically, minds can separate what hearts and souls cannot.

So, for me Morrissey is above all heart and soul material.

• Because everyone else doesn't officially and wholeheartedly endorse far-right political parties.
  • Because everyone else doesn't tell people that they prefer their own race
  • Because everyone else doesn't suggest that Bengalis don't 'belong' here
  • Because everyone else doesn't state that they detest reggae music
  • Because ...
This could be 20 bullet points long but you can probably complete the rest yourself.
What’s racist about detesting reggae? Reggae is vile!

What's (again) the point of this Central post? Morrissey us such a confused, irrational individual. He loathes Britain, he loves Britain? Which one is it? He loves it when it's some little-England nonsense that suits his romantic nostalgia, but he loathes it when it's anything to do with reality.

Some of us have been trying to explain to Morrissey that MCentral would make (a little) more sense if the messages actually came from him.

He's refusing to see our point so until now the messagesfrommorrissey appear to come, at random, from Morrissey, his nephew, his American manager, the cleaning lady, and a blind badger.

Only the nephew gets paid, I reckon.

It's all very National Lottery.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom