Ventura roll call

I don't think they have them there. Go to Whole Foods. They are by Sweet and Sara, I believe.

Yep, they do make some. The best ones I've had, though, are made by Chicago Soy Dairy. They're the one's who make the not so yummy teese cheese and the pretty good soft serve. Their marshmallows (I think they were called Air Puffs, or sommat?) were amazing.

There is an awesome Irish Pub right around the corner! The food is fantastic! They make my Grandma's Croquette potatoes! There probably won't be time for me to go as I will be coming late afternoon from work but for the rest of you early birds... if you are looking for a good meal you may want to try it. It is called Dargan's 593 East Main Street. Just a walk north and across from the venue.

Yep, they do make some. The best ones I've had, though, are made by Chicago Soy Dairy. They're the one's who make the not so yummy teese cheese and the pretty good soft serve. Their marshmallows (I think they were called Air Puffs, or sommat?) were amazing.

Really? What brand is at Trader Joe's? I haven't seen any there, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough! The ones you're talking about are called Dandies, or something. They're at Lassen's in Ventura :D

Speaking of cheese, have you had Daiya? Delish.

Really? What brand is at Trader Joe's? I haven't seen any there, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough! The ones you're talking about are called Dandies, or something. They're at Lassen's in Ventura :D

Speaking of cheese, have you had Daiya? Delish.

Yeah! Dandies! Hahahaha, I was miles and miles off!

Indeed I have! I tried both at a natural foods trade show (ugh, seriously one of the best days of my life... I ate so much that day). However, at the trade show, I remember it being AMMMAZING. To the point that I was worried after I ate it. They used a grilled cheese sandwich to display it. But then when it finally came out and people were using it, I didn't find it as amazing. So maybe it's just the way people are using it, or maybe it's just a million times better in something like a grilled cheese than a pizza.

It's still great, don't get me wrong. But it was a million times better when the company used it.
Anything to replace Follow Your Heart cheese! Haha.

There is a great VEGAN restaurant one block from Ventura Theatre, where he is scheduled to be performing tonight. It's called Mary's Secret Garden http://www.maryssecretgarden.com. http://www.yelp.com/biz/marys-secret...t_by=date_desc It's Hands-down, THE best VEGAN restaurant! They're food is 100% Organic, Vegan, and they also have THE BEST RAW food. If you're Vegan, especially if you are coming to the show, you should definitely make plans to eat at Mary's Secret Garden. It's literally just around the corner from the theatre! I LOVE THIS PLACE. Maybe Morrissey will stop by the restaurant before the show (keeping fingers crossed!!!!!!!) and he will be sitting next to me!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

the last night of the fair..

Damn the rain! And this stars n' stripes umbrella I borrowed from muh grammy..

Just got back....He was great...no problems with his voice, whatsoever.

I'd say, the tour ended on a high note.

Agreed. Short show, but not as short as Swindon and Liverpool :D

Happy to see him perform but wish he had a more comprehensive setlist. The Loop is the only song representing the first 17 years of his solo career??!!

Why do I get the feeling on his next tour, he'll play FOTGTD twice during each show?

Agreed. Short show, but not as short as Swindon and Liverpool :D

Happy to see him perform but wish he had a more comprehensive setlist. The Loop is the only song representing the first 17 years of his solo career??!!

Why do I get the feeling on his next tour, he'll play FOTGTD twice during each show?

I was happy that he mixed it up a little tonight.
Maybe he could play FOTGTD twice with an extended HSIN placed somewhere in the middle. Maybe even sprinkled with a "Don't Make Fun of My Voice."

which one is the fellow who wanted to take a pic of my setlist copy?
Sorry I left, it was so freaking hot and I wanted out out out.
Let me know and I'll scan it for you when I get home.

I really enjoyed the show last night and liked how he changed things up a bit. I got concerned when he left the stage at one point and was relieved when he returned. It was great to hear Irish Blood English Heart and Let Me Kiss You, but I would have preferred Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself again instead as it is a favorite of mine. The ending when he said this is our "final gig" instead of final gig of this tour was a bit disconcerting. But I really enjoyed the show!

Mary's was AMAZING!

Oh yeah, good show, but I'm still hooked on those cupcakes...

And if you missed te afterparty, then tsk tsk tsk on you! Incredible times were had. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to Google pre-emotive hangover cures.

Goodnight, and thank you...

Hah hah, good show! Yeah, the Moz was good, but it's Mary's that we'll be talking up for years to come! :lbf:

It's probably a little late, but for hangover remedies, a good bet is to hydrate yourself well. Drink lots of plain water. Dehydration is the main cause you feel so shitty after drinking too much. Also, if you're looking for a PRE-EMPTIVE "cure", it's simple: either don't drink booze or don't STOP drinking booze. :p Hope your noggin' is feeling ok.

I just want to say that I miss you all already. :tears: I had a lovely time this tour and all of you were so fun and dear. It's so unusual for me to have anyone around me who is also a Morrissey fan (other than my husband). I'm sad it's all over (for now). If he comes East I hope I get to hang out with you all again. :)

Back
Top Bottom