Ventura off?

floodzonex

I hope not but after tonight don't be surprised.

More than throat/voice problems he appeared drunk. Skipping huge parts of songs, not just words or lines. Coming in early or late.

If you told me this was the last American show I'd believe it. He can't play or 3 days in a row. He never really could but with Pomona and SD back to back, the the TV taping, then tonight all in a row...it's just a disaster.

Last edited:
I hope not but after tonight don't be surprised.

More than throat/voice problems he appeared drunk. Skippy huge parts of songs, not just words or lines. Coming in early or late.

If you told me this was the last American show I'd believe it. He can't play or 3 days in a row. He never really could but with Pomona and SD back to back, the the TV taping, then tonight all in a row...it's just a disaster.

I knew he was clever, but I didn't know he could sing...

How does skipping parts of songs = drunk? There's absolutely nothing else in his behavior that would show that he was drunk. That might be a bit farfetched.

It is painful (hurts me) to see his frustration here. :(
I think he made a valiant effort in recovering from these few slips and the rest of the song sounded quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a shame..he was on the top of his game in San Diego too. Looked healthy and drank nothing but water.

My boyfriend and I are attending this show. Does anybody recommend a specific time to start standing in line if we want to get a good spot in the theatre?

Also, I've been reading the reviews about the L.A. show, and all I can say is I dearly hope Morrissey will try to be in his best of spirits tonight and then take a long, much needed rest afterwards. Morrissey is a legend, but he is still a human.

- M.

It is painful to see his frustration here. :(

he looks like wonderful, even opinions are different, well or badly, but if you do not like then you do not to go . nevertheless morrissey tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he seems as much drunk as just not giving a shit.

On the other hand, if he was drunk, it would explain passing out in Swindon, among a few other things.

Well, I'm here for the Ventura show, so I hope it goes on.

I don't think he seems as much drunk as just not giving a shit.

On the other hand, if he was drunk, it would explain passing out in Swindon, among a few other things.

Well, I'm here for the Ventura show, so I hope it goes on.

I hope you have a good time, no matter what. :D Meeting up anyone from here?

So whats the report from those in line? Any activity onsite?

(I hate the title of this thread.)

What nonsense! Watch that with no prejudice and the most likely explanation is the nutters in the first row were putting him off with their needy wailings. Once he starts ignoring them and gets into the song he sings it fine.

He can't deal with the silly comments and singing properly at the same time, that's all.

I saw (we ALL saw) some wine drinking whilst onstage in Ventura sooo I wouldn't put it past him..

- BLLT

Back
Top Bottom