Ventura, CA - The Majestic Ventura Theater (Oct. 31, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / First Of The Gang To Die / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / Is It Really So Strange? / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Hold On To Your Friends / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Ang Mkela via @californiasonmorrissey / Instagram and CVB. Link posted by Gaetano.

• Image from @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44716_morrissey_high_school_bus.jpg

• Image shared on social media (others moved to post #3):

44702_372b9a581ee1997fd5f0a6285cba4698.jpg
  • Image posted by @officialmoz / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44718_ventura_setlist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a great set list! Three songs from Viva Hate and Sunny? I'm a little envious.

Morrissey returns to touring, airing Smiths and solo favourites for the first time in years.

rexfeatures_9469729e_MORRISSEY_2000-620x394.jpg

Excerpt:

Last night saw Morrissey return for the latest leg of his 2018 tour, airing select Smiths and solo favourites for the first time in years. See footage and the setlist below.

Performing at The Majestic Ventura Theater in California, Morrissey played his first show in six months in support of his latest album ‘Low In High School‘. This comes after this year saw the singer cancel all UK and European tour dates for ‘logistical’ reasons, amid ‘former fans’ planning anti-racism protests outside concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/morrissey-...st-time-years-ventura-setlist-footage-2395823

good to see that munich air disaster is back on stage. it always brings back so many memories else forgotten. is there a video available? the green shirt in combo with the robomoz tee looked fantastico on him

So, I haven't read all the comments so maybe this was already mentioned...but is this the first time he HASN'T played Meat Is Murder in like 15 years?! Thank goodness!

Amazing set, wish is was coming to Northern CA.

Amazing. Speechless. This is unbelievable. Blue cardigans.
i think there is a name for it when designers or clothing companies sent their new stuff to celebrities to wear them in public. maybe in this case the company had released this new blue cardigan, they looked up "cardigan" in their files and found a handwritten note mentioning as "matching" celebrities the smiths, david bowie and adrian mole. so they sent off several cardigans as promotional presents ...

i think there is a name for it when designers or clothing companies sent their new stuff to celebrities to wear them in public. maybe in this case the company had released this new blue cardigan, they looked up "cardigan" in their files and found a handwritten note mentioning as "matching" celebrities the smiths, david bowie and adrian mole. so they sent off several cardigans as promotional presents ...

Do you think that's the case? I thought it all was about being BACK on the chain gang and who were back, that's two people (M&M). But Uncleskinny said nothing here, so probably not... who knows.

Do you think that's the case? I thought it all was about being BACK on the chain gang and who were back, that's two people (M&M). But Uncleskinny said nothing here, so probably not... who knows.
i think so. but your theory sounds interesting too, if i understand it correctly. do you mean that m&m secretly united as the two "blue collar-less" guys who wanna let the other two ex-smithes know that they, m&m,are successfully back in their solo-careers and thus somehow "united" but not interested in a smiths-reunion? not sure about uncleskinny though, as s/he is on "ignore".

i think so. but your theory sounds interesting too, if i understand it correctly. do you mean that m&m secretly united as the two "blue collar-less" guys who wanna let the other two ex-smithes know that they, m&m,are successfully back in their solo-careers and thus somehow "united" but not interested in a smiths-reunion? not sure about uncleskinny though, as s/he is on "ignore".

Not that I'm a cathar (who knows), but I do believe that, apart from forces of good, forces of evil do exist and operate in this world. It would be very sad that these evil forces have won the battle and Morrissey & Marr (M&M) remain musically separated till the end of their lives. At first they were just the two of them, so they can be it again on a side musical project, apart from their actual projects or integrated with them. What do you think?

Not that I'm a cathar (who knows), but I do believe that, apart from forces of good, forces of evil do exist and operate in this world. It would be very sad that these evil forces have won the battle and Morrissey & Marr (M&M) remain musically separated till the end of their lives. At first they were just the two of them, so they can be it again on a side musical project, apart from their actual projects or integrated with them. What do you think?
this idea does not excite me much, honestly. what i see is that they both do not need each other for whatever. i didnt follow the smiths closely in the 80s, so probably im not the right person to ask. but it seems you are in favor of a m+m reunion? why? speak!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom