Ventura, CA - The Majestic Ventura Theater (Oct. 31, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / First Of The Gang To Die / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / Is It Really So Strange? / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Hold On To Your Friends / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Ang Mkela via @californiasonmorrissey / Instagram and CVB. Link posted by Gaetano.

• Image from @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44716_morrissey_high_school_bus.jpg

• Image shared on social media (others moved to post #3):

44702_372b9a581ee1997fd5f0a6285cba4698.jpg
  • Image posted by @officialmoz / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44718_ventura_setlist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A set list designed to please...although, he has really moved away from the rockabilly aesthetic of "Your Arsenal" which ironically, first resonated with his large Latino fanbase.

Looking at this setlist, it seems someone is finally coming around to the concept of fan service and pleasing those who keep the lights on. That is the best set I've seen since Oye Esteban and the nameless 2002 tour.
Good on Morrissey for delivering.

Surprisingly good setlist but the racist c*** won't get another penny from me

So am I correct that last night marked the live premier of "Dial-a-Cliche?" I don't think it has been performed before but I could be wrong.

My god, is he dying? 4 new coming releases, crowd pleasing set list? I’ve made Morrissey mix playlists for myself that look an awful lot like that set. This is great!

So funny to see him with a guitar

I laughed myself silly - it really is hilarious! OK, is that a Fender Jazzmaster? Very close to one of Johnny's signature Fender Jaguars! Some kind of humorous poke at Johnny's frontman with a guitar status.

the scramble for the shirt at the end was nuts but i was able to randomly get this part after security cut around all the hands. lol never let go.

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Attachments

• Image from iOS (2).jpg
    Image from iOS (2).jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 0
Gibson Firebird non-reverse

Look like a Fender while being a Gibson.

Seems to be a 65 or 66.

this is one tour when nobody can moan about the setlist,sunny,such a great song,good to see hairdresser back and only three from lihs,he may add some more as the deluxe date approaches.

No, in fact, I bought tickets for tonight based on the strength of this set list. Is it possible that Morrissey isn't taking his audience quite so much for granted now?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom