Ventura, CA - The Majestic Ventura Theater (Oct. 31, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / First Of The Gang To Die / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / Is It Really So Strange? / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Hold On To Your Friends / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Ang Mkela via @californiasonmorrissey / Instagram and CVB. Link posted by Gaetano.

• Image from @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44716_morrissey_high_school_bus.jpg

• Image shared on social media (others moved to post #3):

44702_372b9a581ee1997fd5f0a6285cba4698.jpg
  • Image posted by @officialmoz / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44718_ventura_setlist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The following are from various sharing on social media [items moved from an earlier post].

44703_5d015c908943fad1acaf303f18b4db2e.jpg

44704_Dq2SoTIVsAAtafS.jpg

44705_031ba5873d68e7fc63560e504e905046.jpg

44706_72a9e466dd3aa1d54ce16a12f6aab1f3.jpg

44707_0d3f01aa239e6d8c710bb712edb690ff.jpg

44708_20181101_020137.jpg

44709_FB_IMG_1541036728523.jpg

44710_aeb07adc286699774aa86880e03f06ec.jpg

44711_20181101_031135.jpg

Boz and Gustavo met by fans.
Moz signing posters and entering the venue.
Thanks to all those sharing: too many to mention - all very kind.

Regards,
FWD.

(Thanks David).

Aww, he and Damon have got His 'n' Hers waistcoats. Nice.

It's a shit setlist. He's not done a properly great one since the Roundhouse series (I had tix for all nights, mug). It's always the same now - he starts off with three absolutely nailed-on classics and it's fantastic. And then, nothing. Read it, ask yourself how many are really his best songs.

William, Hairdresser, Gang, HSIN, Sunday, Friends, Ripper, Strange.

That's it. 8 great songs. Out of 20. It's not good enough. He's old and everyone here thinks he's a racist loon now. He could just play the hell out of a setlist. He's even lost the ability to design a set of songs that his career deserves. Not talking about Smiths songs either btw, I'd be happy to have entirely solo material.

I respectfully disagree.
8 great songs isn't too bad in my opinion. He obviously still needs to play "Low in High School" material, and whilst there are some I would swap out ("Bullfighter" "Alma Matters"), the inclusion of rarities "Sunny" "Dial a Cliché" "Break Up The Family" is something I, and I reckon many others appreciate. I would have loved to have heard any of those songs on the recent UK tour.
"William.." is a fantastic opener, better than "You'll Be Gone" and how anyone can complain about the ending combo of "Everyday.." and "HSIN" I don't know

It's a shit setlist. He's not done a properly great one since the Roundhouse series (I had tix for all nights, mug). It's always the same now - he starts off with three absolutely nailed-on classics and it's fantastic. And then, nothing. Read it, ask yourself how many are really his best songs.

William, Hairdresser, Gang, HSIN, Sunday, Friends, Ripper, Strange.

That's it. 8 great songs. Out of 20. It's not good enough. He's old and everyone here thinks he's a racist loon now. He could just play the hell out of a setlist. He's even lost the ability to design a set of songs that his career deserves. Not talking about Smiths songs either btw, I'd be happy to have entirely solo material.

So just go away! It‘s that easy...

Fantastic to hear Sunny, although it sounds a bit leaden here. Is that setlist a concession to popular appeal, to try and win back lost support?

I also can't help thinking whether those unusual Smiths choices are a message to Johnny Marr, who has been quite vocal in the media lately while promoting his own stuff.
I have the same feeling and keep on looking for "messages", don't know why )

Really impressed by the setlist, at first I thought it was a joke. And he played 'Dial-a-cliche'!! I would never have expected that.

I also can't help thinking whether those unusual Smiths choices are a message to Johnny Marr, who has been quite vocal in the media lately while promoting his own stuff.

Unusual Smiths choices? He performed How soon is now to death and already played the other two on previous tours.

I have to admit it is an intersting setlist though.

I have the same feeling and keep on looking for "messages", don't know why )
Yes, it's probably illogical, but it seems like 'what Morrissey would do'. And we know he has sent other messages via song choices in the past (eg 'If you don't like me, don't look at me', after all the hoo-hah in the press earlier this year). Break Up The Family is an obvious one (and a surprising inclusion), but I have always heard things in Is It Really So Strange that could pertain to Johnny.

Unusual Smiths choices? He performed How soon is now to death and already played the other two on previous tours.

I have to admit it is an intersting setlist though.
I meant William and Is It Really So Strange. If they were played that recently I didn't recall it. I admit I was also thinking of Break Up The Family, which I always think of as Smithsy because it's about the split, even though it was a solo song.

Yes, it's probably illogical, but it seems like 'what Morrissey would do'. And we know he has sent other messages via song choices in the past (eg 'If you don't like me, don't look at me', after all the hoo-hah in the press earlier this year). Break Up The Family is an obvious one (and a surprising inclusion), but I have always heard things in Is It Really So Strange that could pertain to Johnny.

I also think "Dial A Cliche" is an example of a song message, especially with the emphasis he put on the lyrics in the second verse, providing the song with a new context about the press and the way he's been treated for his recent politics.

I also think "Dial A Cliche" is an example of a song message, especially with the emphasis he put on the lyrics in the second verse, providing the song with a new context about the press and the way he's been treated for his recent politics.
Yes, I think so. Although I've got mixed feelings about that, but you're probably right.

He is starting to realize that the JesseNandoGustavocrap is tiring for the audiences! Street&Marr compositions for as start and more Alain later ( hopefully!)

Nice to see the setlist shaken up fairly dramatically. I wonder if he's got any other surprises lined up.

And I stand corrected. In another recent thread I said something like "I guess there is no hope for World peace is none of your business being dropped from the setlist anytime soon." It's gone... for now.

Everything is wonderful. First of all, thanks for sharing, I've listened, watched and loved every single video and photo posted here. Morrissey sounds so, so great, like the band, amazing setlist!! HSIN in the end! It's so nice listening some songs under this new perspective, I can imagine how happy people there must have felt. Looked very nice both the transparent shirt and the blue one, by the way.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom