Ventura, CA - The Majestic Ventura Theater (Oct. 31, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / First Of The Gang To Die / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / Is It Really So Strange? / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Hold On To Your Friends / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Ang Mkela via @californiasonmorrissey / Instagram and CVB. Link posted by Gaetano.

• Image from @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44716_morrissey_high_school_bus.jpg

• Image shared on social media (others moved to post #3):

44702_372b9a581ee1997fd5f0a6285cba4698.jpg
  • Image posted by @officialmoz / Twitter. Link posted by Alexi.

44718_ventura_setlist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome setlist. I only have $60 and get paid Friday.

William/Alma Matters:

Sunny/Is It Really So Strange?:

Spent The Day In Bed:

Jack The Ripper:

Sunday:

How Soon Is Now?:

Great setlist. About time

I really want to see some footage of "Dial A Cliche"!!! I really didn't expect to see him perform that EVER!!! I'm so glad he did tho :)

I really want to see some footage of "Dial A Cliche"!!! I really didn't expect to see him perform that EVER!!! I'm so glad he did :)

Yes I can't quite believe he did that song. With a set list like that he may get some of the disenfranchised back on side.

this is one tour when nobody can moan about the setlist,sunny,such a great song,good to see hairdresser back and only three from lihs,he may add some more as the deluxe date approaches.

Frankly I'm fairly embittered about the man but I was blown away by the setlist and the performance. One on the most consistently "on" sets I have seen him do in years. Even the band seemed chuffed. You LA folks are gonna love it tomorrow!

The person on the pictures seems to be James Dean. Not Morrissey! Silly mistake. Didn't he check the proofing?

That's almost like a greatest hits set for Morrissey these days. And he sounds in fine voice too. Personally, I'd switch Legs, Munich and Bullfighter for three others, but that's just my preference. Anyway, it's a very promising start and we'll see how it develops across the tour.

It's a shit setlist. He's not done a properly great one since the Roundhouse series (I had tix for all nights, mug). It's always the same now - he starts off with three absolutely nailed-on classics and it's fantastic. And then, nothing. Read it, ask yourself how many are really his best songs.

William, Hairdresser, Gang, HSIN, Sunday, Friends, Ripper, Strange.

That's it. 8 great songs. Out of 20. It's not good enough. He's old and everyone here thinks he's a racist loon now. He could just play the hell out of a setlist. He's even lost the ability to design a set of songs that his career deserves. Not talking about Smiths songs either btw, I'd be happy to have entirely solo material.

Not while he loves Nazis, he won't

Oh bless you. Poor, confused Peter...I hate Morrissey as I think he's a racist...yet, oh yet, I just can't give him up...What turmoil you must experience, poor little lamb. It must be horrible for you?!

Here's an idea, go and play with your paint set and have a cup of tea.

Back in the real world, this looks like the best set list since 1999.

Fantastic to hear Sunny, although it sounds a bit leaden here. Is that setlist a concession to popular appeal, to try and win back lost support?

I also can't help thinking whether those unusual Smiths choices are a message to Johnny Marr, who has been quite vocal in the media lately while promoting his own stuff.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom