Ventura, CA - The Majestic Ventura Theater (Oct. 31, 2018) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour' started by Famous when dead, Nov 1, 2018.

By Famous when dead on Nov 1, 2018 at 2:10 AM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / First Of The Gang To Die / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / Is It Really So Strange? / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Hold On To Your Friends / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Ang Mkela via @californiasonmorrissey / Instagram and CVB. Link posted by Gaetano.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 6

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by Famous when dead, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Aww, he and Damon have got His 'n' Hers waistcoats. Nice.
      • Like Like x 3
    2. SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      I respectfully disagree.
      8 great songs isn't too bad in my opinion. He obviously still needs to play "Low in High School" material, and whilst there are some I would swap out ("Bullfighter" "Alma Matters"), the inclusion of rarities "Sunny" "Dial a Cliché" "Break Up The Family" is something I, and I reckon many others appreciate. I would have loved to have heard any of those songs on the recent UK tour.
      "William.." is a fantastic opener, better than "You'll Be Gone" and how anyone can complain about the ending combo of "Everyday.." and "HSIN" I don't know
      • Like Like x 7
    3. JoeSellMozza
      JoeSellMozza
      So just go away! It‘s that easy...
      • Like Like x 6
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      great set list
      can't wait to hear that.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. DaphneandMoz
      DaphneandMoz
      Morrissey, we all love you more than life!!!!
      • Like Like x 5
    6. Lost and found
      Lost and found
      I have the same feeling and keep on looking for "messages", don't know why )
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. gonzax
      gonzax
      Really impressed by the setlist, at first I thought it was a joke. And he played 'Dial-a-cliche'!! I would never have expected that.
      • Like Like x 4
    8. Nikita
      Nikita
      Unusual Smiths choices? He performed How soon is now to death and already played the other two on previous tours.

I have to admit it is an intersting setlist though.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Yes, it's probably illogical, but it seems like 'what Morrissey would do'. And we know he has sent other messages via song choices in the past (eg 'If you don't like me, don't look at me', after all the hoo-hah in the press earlier this year). Break Up The Family is an obvious one (and a surprising inclusion), but I have always heard things in Is It Really So Strange that could pertain to Johnny.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    10. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      I meant William and Is It Really So Strange. If they were played that recently I didn't recall it. I admit I was also thinking of Break Up The Family, which I always think of as Smithsy because it's about the split, even though it was a solo song.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Gaetano
      Gaetano
      I also think "Dial A Cliche" is an example of a song message, especially with the emphasis he put on the lyrics in the second verse, providing the song with a new context about the press and the way he's been treated for his recent politics.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Yes, I think so. Although I've got mixed feelings about that, but you're probably right.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. That's Enough For Me
      That's Enough For Me
      Time to shave what's left of the hair off. Almost nothing left up there now.
    14. King Leer
      King Leer
      Oh, Sunny!
      All the gang looking and sounding good. Nice brown high school bus!
      Unsmiling Damon photo #2,932.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. Orson Swells
      Orson Swells
      Thanks for letting us know. I hope it suits you like that.
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 3
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He is starting to realize that the JesseNandoGustavocrap is tiring for the audiences! Street&Marr compositions for as start and more Alain later ( hopefully!)
    17. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      Nice to see the setlist shaken up fairly dramatically. I wonder if he's got any other surprises lined up.

And I stand corrected. In another recent thread I said something like "I guess there is no hope for World peace is none of your business being dropped from the setlist anytime soon." It's gone... for now.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. That's Enough For Me
      That's Enough For Me
      Oh, haha, haha, hahahahaha, no wait, hahahaha, no you misunderstand, hahahaha, I meant....hahahahahaha I meant Morrissey's hair...but haahahahah, I see what you did there...hahahahaha that's..ha...so...hahahahha, so funny.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Alexi
      Alexi
      AA55BCCD-3364-4CBA-907D-15661BEE1C8E.jpeg
      Nothing a little inventive brushing can’t disguise, glad to see he’s still heeding the more discreet bracelets advice too
      • Like Like x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    20. countthree
      countthree
      Everything is wonderful. First of all, thanks for sharing, I've listened, watched and loved every single video and photo posted here. Morrissey sounds so, so great, like the band, amazing setlist!! HSIN in the end! It's so nice listening some songs under this new perspective, I can imagine how happy people there must have felt. Looked very nice both the transparent shirt and the blue one, by the way.
      • Like Like x 4