Ventura 12/11/2009 - Great Show! Saw Moz and Boz Afterward!

SomeTotallyRandomMozFan

MudSpelledBackwardsIsDum
Moz Fans,

This definitely was a step up from the Universal show last night! At Universal I was 5 rows back and Moz's voice was a bit off and he also seemed out of it- but tonight I was "on the rail" (technically) up front- but far to the right next to the speakers so I had no chance at a handshake - but the view of the stage was awesome! My ears are still ringing but hey what an amazing closing show! I managed to meet singer Doll from opening band Doll and the Kicks before the show and got a quick pic with her. Afer the show saw Moz get into his waiting getaway car and also got a lucky quick snapshot of that. And finally as I was heading home I ran into Boz as he was headed into the Irish Pub across the street for a Pint- got a quick hello and pic with him as well!

All my pix tonight:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytando/sets/72157622859991209/

Cheers,

Jay

Wow, lucky you- getting to meet Boz tonight! I got to shake his hand, so I'm happy. Also got the setlist, so I'm double happy.

You look really familiar-- weren't you at the Depeche Mode concert on Hollywood Blvd. in April? I think we stood near each other.

Anyway, it was a really great show that exceeded my expectations! :)

I'm glad to hear that this tour has ended well.

The ups and downs of the last few months in Morrissey-world make me think of 'Rainbow Tour' from 'Evita'. So, without further ado...

Let's hear it for the Swords tour,
It's been an incredible success.
We weren't quite sure, we had a few doubts.
Will Morrissey win through?
And the answer is...
YES!

:D

O HAI!

It was nice to meet you before the show. You seem like a nice person. :)

I shook Hannah's hand and wished them good luck, but I didn't hang out with them at all. I was in the pub Boz went to and chatted with him for awhile. When I saw him it shocked me and I made a "buhhh" face and he smiled and kind of made mild jazz hands like "yes, it's me, Boz!" It was very cute. Then he fondled my husband's skull shaped buttons and we talked about men's fashion, of all things. Hahaha.

Wasn't this just a great tour?!

I was pretty nervous after everybody going off about how bad the Universal show was, but I wasn't disappointed at all. Got in line about 1:30PM and there was still about 40 people ahead of us. The order of the setlist was very nice and I can't think of any complaints whatsoever (except for the rain). Crowd was pretty rowdy over on the right side. Great show.

PS - Dude in line holding the Sandie Shaw LP. Marry me?

SomeTotallyRandomMozFan YOU ARE TOO AWESOME! A Good, nice decent man is refreshing for a change. It was lovely meeting you.

but, Sorry, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I been to literally 1000's of different kinds of concerts and Friday Night's show was THE WORST CONCERT I EVER BEEN TO.

now, I know this is a Morrissey forum and some don't like it when you say the artist isn't shiting gold. Love my Morrissey, but I lost a lot of respect for him lastnight. for other reasons. The sound was so off, needed to turn up the Vocals, and turn down the boom boom boom, thought i was at a rap show.

THE STAFF WAS THE WORST EVER AT VENTURA. LAWSUITS SHOULD BE FILED FOR HOW THEY ABUSED AND HANDLED SOME PEOPLE! i'M NOT KIDDING. GRABBING ARMS, SOCKING, PULLING PEOPLE OUT OF 'THE PIT' BY THEIR HAIR! CAMERA NAZI'S AS WELL. WTF? BUT YOU CAN HAVE A PHONE, DOESN'T MAKE SENCE.

THE SETLIST WASN'T SO GOOD. HE LOOKED LIKE HE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET THRU THE SONGS TO GO BACK TO HIS HOTEL. SWEATY AND OUT OF BREATH.
MAYBE HE SHOULD USE THE 100 FOR A TREADMILL? HEALTH WISE, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS WEIGHT. HE LOOKS SO FAINT. Kinda worried.

I am an older fan, I was there during The Smiths days and I know things change...

THE WORST THING BESIDES HIS OWN CREW WERE THE RABID, RUDE FANS. NOT ALL, BUT THERE WAS CRAZY SHIT GOING ON. PEOPLE NOT CARING IF THEIR CRUSHING SOMEONE AND THEY CAN'T BREATHE, AND ONE GUY WAS ON THE FLOOR AND I SEEN PEOPLE STOMP ON HIM, JUST SO THEY CAN GET CLOSE TO THE STAGE. SAD! I had to pick the poor guy up!!!

:blushing::squiffy::mad:

Some of you younger fans need to learn how to treat people. You acted like animals! You shouldn't leave a concert all bloddy, bruised and limping out.

Morse, what happened? :tears:

I miss the old you

still luv you tho.

Last edited:
Wow, lucky you- getting to meet Boz tonight! I got to shake his hand, so I'm happy. Also got the setlist, so I'm double happy.

You look really familiar-- weren't you at the Depeche Mode concert on Hollywood Blvd. in April? I think we stood near each other.

Anyway, it was a really great show that exceeded my expectations! :)

Thank you for the kind words Jessikers :D

Yes I was indeed at the DM show that day!

here are my pix from that fun event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytando/sets/72157617155588365/

Viva Moz!

Jay

O HAI!

It was nice to meet you before the show. You seem like a nice person. :)

I shook Hannah's hand and wished them good luck, but I didn't hang out with them at all. I was in the pub Boz went to and chatted with him for awhile. When I saw him it shocked me and I made a "buhhh" face and he smiled and kind of made mild jazz hands like "yes, it's me, Boz!" It was very cute. Then he fondled my husband's skull shaped buttons and we talked about men's fashion, of all things. Hahaha.

Wasn't this just a great tour?!

Yes that was some really good pizza!! Pleasure meeting you! That is so cool that you chatted with Boz! He is all class!

Cheers :)

Jay

SomeTotallyRandomMozFan YOU ARE TOO AWESOME! A Good, nice decent man is refreshing for a change. It was lovely meeting you.

Thank you so much - very kind of you!!

My ears were blasted being right next to those speakers- thank GAWD I had put in earplugs!! My hearing still has not quite recovred!! But I think I am almost back! :lbf:

Yeah some fans can be vile- but thankfully most are great!

Cheers,

Jay

Sorry, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I been to literally 1000's of different kinds of concerts and Friday Night's show was THE WORST CONCERT I EVER BEEN TO.

now, I know this is a Morrissey forum and some don't like it when you say the artist isn't shiting gold. Love my Morrissey, but I lost a lot of respect for him lastnight. for other reasons. The sound was so off, needed to turn up the Vocals, and turn down the boom boom boom, thought i was at a rap show.

THE STAFF WAS THE WORST EVER AT VENTURA. LAWSUITS SHOULD BE FILED FOR HOW THEY ABUSED AND HANDLED SOME PEOPLE! i'M NOT KIDDING. GRABBING ARMS, SOCKING, PULLING PEOPLE OUT OF 'THE PIT' BY THEIR HAIR! CAMERA NAZI'S AS WELL. WTF? BUT YOU CAN HAVE A PHONE, DOESN'T MAKE SENCE.

THE SETLIST WASN'T SO GOOD. HE LOOKED LIKE HE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET THRU THE SONGS TO GO BACK TO HIS HOTEL. SWEATY AND OUT OF BREATH.
MAYBE HE SHOULD USE THE 100 FOR A TREADMILL? HEALTH WISE, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS WEIGHT. HE LOOKS SO FAINT. Kinda worried.

I am an older fan, I was there during The Smiths days and I know things change...

THE WORST THING BESIDES HIS OWN CREW WERE THE RABID, RUDE FANS. NOT ALL, BUT THERE WAS CRAZY SHIT GOING ON. PEOPLE NOT CARING IF THEIR CRUSHING SOMEONE AND THEY CAN'T BREATHE, AND ONE GUY WAS ON THE FLOOR AND I SEEN PEOPLE STOMP ON HIM, JUST SO THEY CAN GET CLOSE TO THE STAGE. SAD! I had to pick the poor guy up!!!

Strange, we had a different experience. I've seen 5 shows in the past 10 days, and Ventura was one of the better experiences, compared to the others. All the problems you mentioned were even worse in previous shows.

The venue security brought us hot vegetable soup while camping out the night before. There was a lot less of a problem with people cutting in line. A lot of it has to do not with Morrissey and his staff but with the venue and with the fans from that particular state. West coast fans appear to be somewhat more problematic. The set list had more hits compared to the list used for most other shows on the tour. His voice sounded good to me, and there seemed to be fewer musical mistakes and cut-off lyrics than at other shows.

A handful of people crowd surfed to Moz rather safely. Many of the venues ban cameras nowadays, but at least this one didn't ban books, records and gifts like at least one other did that week. We happened to meet the musicians in a pub down the street afterwards. True, the audience was packed in and it was hard to stand at times. True, we were hoping for more hand shaking and audience interaction than we got, but there was some.

Have you ever heard of the band 'The Frank and Walters'? You look so much like the lead singer! I actually thought it was him first!

did anyone get one of the bootleg shirts that doesnt fit an they would like to sell?

haha, about Joey! I think he was talking about you being a cutie, not the album (great album btw).

Anyways, I guess it all depended on where you were in the venue and such.

I did not like THE STAFF at all, brutal stuff. Law suit kinda stuff.

His crew were immature and rude for the most part. SOME of the fans were in complete disreguard towards other fans! The pushing and smashing didn't need to happen. JUST CALM DOWN AND ENJOY THE SHOW.

Morrissey wasn't the worst, I will always love him!!! but he was out of breath & sweating and all rushing thru songs. If you didn't notice that, maybe you were drunk?

I LOVE MORSE NO MATTER WHAT!! :o god, what would we do w/out him?

Jesus, I mean Morrissey, I forgive you.

Last edited:
The security at this venue are ALWAYS horrid! They let me be with my camera though, I was using flash an' all..

Where were the rest of Mozzer's guard this tour?
Maybe the label pays for it when he's got one but now that he hasn't, he doesn't really want to foot the bill for those extra ppl who work for 1 hr and get paid for 24? Just a thought...

Tags
strmf stfu
Back
Top Bottom