Vegetarian Wines

Luxo

Luxo by name, Fuxo by nature
Does anyone know of any decent, reasonably priced suitable for vegetarians wine? I'm having trouble finding some. Recommendations please?

thanks

Jay

Get down to the Co-op.

I don't know! You being a Rochadale Lad too!

I don't actually know where the nearest Co-op is. The one in Milnrow shut down, so I have to go Somerfield or Tesco!

Make sure you don't drink Egri Bikaver (bull's blood) but other than that you're safe. :)

No, I don't think I'll be going near that EP. I can still drink Corona, that's suitable for vegetarians, and it's the only lager I like anyway. It's absolutely amazing though how many wines aren't suitable for vegetarians, but I can just never tell which ones are suitable as the bottles never have the "V" on even if they are suitable.

No, I don't think I'll be going near that EP. I can still drink Corona, that's suitable for vegetarians, and it's the only lager I like anyway. It's absolutely amazing though how many wines aren't suitable for vegetarians, but I can just never tell which ones are suitable as the bottles never have the "V" on even if they are suitable.

Sorry, I was just pulling your leg, the name refers to a legend and also it's a dark red cuvee wine, the colour of which could be compared to bull's blood.

I read a bit about vegetarian wines, cause I admit I never knew some wines weren't exactly vegetarian. I imagine that animal by-products would be used by small-scale producers, and industrial producers would use chemicals. :confused:

Sorry, I was just pulling your leg, the name refers to a legend and also it's a dark red cuvee wine, the colour of which could be compared to bull's blood.

I read a bit about vegetarian wines, cause I admit I never knew some wines weren't exactly vegetarian. I imagine that animal by-products would be used by small-scale producers, and industrial producers would use chemicals. :confused:

Maybe you're right. I can imagine animal products would be cheaper than having to use/create chemicals etc. Surely though, it isn't really necessary to use animal by-products.

I cant think of the book, but there is a vegan cookbook of sorts that list all animal friendly booze. Ill try to remember to look it up when i get home.

Get down to the Co-op.

I don't know! You being a Rochadale Lad too!

What Brel said..... I'm just nipping out round the corner to my local Co-op (Late Shop) for tonights bottle:cool:
The Fair Trade bottles and a few other brands are all veggie

Maybe you're right. I can imagine animal products would be cheaper than having to use/create chemicals etc. Surely though, it isn't really necessary to use animal by-products.

I believe it is some kind of fish oil they use in the barrel to help keep the taste whilst in the barrel... or something like that, i'm sure someone will correct me:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Tescos, go check all their 'own' wine, theyre pretty good at labelling it these days and have some decent italian reds for under £5.
it'll have a big V on the back label! ;)

wait, do most food items over there have the 'V' on them? only certain items/brands in health food stores here will have the 'V' on them. certified vegan or whatever.

yeah pretty much, but its not always a 'V' logo (like the vegetarian/vegan society ones) it can often just be the line "suitable for vegetarians".

It has improved a LOT in the last decade, and nowdays im pretty good at knwing all my E numbers and shizz, so if it doesnt clearly state 'veggie' (or words to that effect) i read all the ingredients and if im not sure then i'll leave it. I think companies are beginning to cotton on to this and are making efforts to either make things veggie or at least label it if it is.
If only they'd do it with all househiold things and cosmetics, lots of people i know ASSUME that because it doesnt say "tested on animals" on their hairspray or whatever, that it isn't!! :eek: its often exactly the opposite, it doesnt say anything because it'd be plain daft to admit to that on your packaging, imagine all those 'not to bothered' people who would baulk at it if actually confronted with a clear statement on the product they are about to buy.
*rant over* :blushing:

wait, do most food items over there have the 'V' on them? only certain items/brands in health food stores here will have the 'V' on them. certified vegan or whatever.

If they are veggie (vegan) then the majority of brands will say so. Likewise, a good number of products actually state ''not suitable for vegetarians / contains gluten etc''

Jukebox Jury

This is no longer a trouble for me, other than on my birthday in January, I have not had anything to drink since November.Terence the teetotaler, thats me.

I drink car brake fluid. It's really nice, once you get into it. My wife is really concerned as she thinks it's becoming a bit of a habit. I have told her not to worry...

...I can stop whenever I want!

yeah pretty much, but its not always a 'V' logo (like the vegetarian/vegan society ones) it can often just be the line "suitable for vegetarians".

It has improved a LOT in the last decade, and nowdays im pretty good at knwing all my E numbers and shizz, so if it doesnt clearly state 'veggie' (or words to that effect) i read all the ingredients and if im not sure then i'll leave it. I think companies are beginning to cotton on to this and are making efforts to either make things veggie or at least label it if it is.
If only they'd do it with all househiold things and cosmetics, lots of people i know ASSUME that because it doesnt say "tested on animals" on their hairspray or whatever, that it isn't!! :eek: its often exactly the opposite, it doesnt say anything because it'd be plain daft to admit to that on your packaging, imagine all those 'not to bothered' people who would baulk at it if actually confronted with a clear statement on the product they are about to buy.
*rant over* :blushing:
yes, it would be nice for things to be labled this product is owned by a scumbag company that tests on animals, etc...

If they are veggie (vegan) then the majority of brands will say so. Likewise, a good number of products actually state ''not suitable for vegetarians / contains gluten etc''

Jukebox Jury
wow. shopping sounds great over there. maybe i'll stay.

I drink car brake fluid. It's really nice, once you get into it. My wife is really concerned as she thinks it's becoming a bit of a habit. I have told her not to worry...

...I can stop whenever I want!

i laughed. :thumb:

There are vegetarian wines???? Whatttt!? And I thought they were made of grapes .... and that those were fruits... coming from the earth... and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom