Vegetarian Wines

I appreciate the vegetarian thing, but please come on, vegetarian wine get a grip..

Tescos, go check all their 'own' wine, theyre pretty good at labelling it these days and have some decent italian reds for under £5.
it'll have a big V on the back label! ;)

Aye, I've had a look on the Tesco website and they have a few on there. The Tesco Express near me just stocks all the brand name stuff though, so I suppose I'll have to have a trip to the big Tesco on t'other side of Rochdale, or nip over to Asda on me lunch break, and see what they have. Had a proper long look in Somerfield last night and it's just crap; I literally couldn't find one bottle that had the 'V' on.
Also, someone said I didn't state what wine I drink; I drink white wine and rose

Im a vegetarian, but i have to say i dont really bother when it comes to booze, i do try to drink corona every now and then, but booze is booze

Im a vegetarian, but i have to say i dont really bother when it comes to booze, i do try to drink corona every now and then, but booze is booze

I always drink Corona when I go pub, not because it's vegetarian friendly, but because it's the only lager I like, and I've gone really off cider. But the fact it's suitable for veggies is also a good added factor.

I always drink Corona when I go pub, not because it's vegetarian friendly, but because it's the only lager I like, and I've gone really off cider. But the fact it's suitable for veggies is also a good added factor.

Corona is the best lager i have to agree, but im more of a bitter man myself and i doubt many bitters are suitable for veggi's

No, I can't say I am into bitter.
Corona definitely is one of the best lagers. Doesn't have that shit after taste that a lot of lagers have, but I definitely don't like it with a lime in, just takes the whole point away if you ask me.

I don't actually know where the nearest Co-op is. The one in Milnrow shut down, so I have to go Somerfield or Tesco!

There's one near me on Victoria Avenue in Blackley. It's on the corner you turn to go down to decrepid scum hole Plant Hill though, so don't visit after dark if you value your trainers.

I was too of the thinking that, surely to god they don't use animal parts in drinks full stop nevermind alcoholic ones.

you live n learn.

I appreciate the vegetarian thing, but please come on, vegetarian wine get a grip..

You obviously appreciate nothing with that statement.

Some people don't want dead animal in their booze either, or to know an animal had to die for that bottle of wine to have been made.

If that's too much for you to handle, then you really have no understanding of how vegetarians or vegans think, never mind the capacity to appreciate why they do what they do.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=93701

Why do people always talk about Corona like it's the only vegetarian beer in the world? It's not even the only one in the pub.

On the wine thing, my cousin's wife will be violently sick if she even goes near a fish. So if she can drink it, so can I.

Last edited:
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=93701

Why do people always talk about Corona like it's the only vegetarian beer in the world? It's not even the only one in the pub.

On the wine thing, my cousin's wife will be violently sick if she even goes near a fish. So if she can drink it, so can I.

I know there's many more vegetarian beers out there, but it's just that I don't like many lagers (have a rubbish aftertaste in my opinion), and I'm not a massive fan of cider anymore.

You obviously appreciate nothing with that statement.

Some people don't want dead animal in their booze either, or to know an animal had to die for that bottle of wine to have been made.

If that's too much for you to handle, then you really have no understanding of how vegetarians or vegans think, never mind the capacity to appreciate why they do what they do.

Ok this made me feel a little guilty (only a little ) so i did some googling on your behalf this site has all the answers, for what drinks are vegetarian / vegan even listing supermarket own brands, wine, beer, and spirits. Interestingly corona is one of the few lagers with a ? in both vegetarian and vegan columns.

http://www.veggiewines.co.uk/

Ok this made me feel a little guilty (only a little ) so i did some googling on your behalf this site has all the answers, for what drinks are vegetarian / vegan even listing supermarket own brands, wine, beer, and spirits. Interestingly corona is one of the few lagers with a ? in both vegetarian and vegan columns.

http://www.veggiewines.co.uk/

No it's not. Efes Pilsner below it does though

Turns out Marks & Spencer do a good range of wines which are their own brand, and put the 'V' on all of the bottles that are suitable.

Back
Top Bottom