Vegas Shows in jeopardy (actually not)

terrancestamp

Since Morrissey is in England for the moment.... The President has has suspended flights from the UK without an exception from the government

1625405911957.png

Surely he will get an exemption. I have no idea how long it takes Morrissey's band to get up to speed for gigs but James have been rehearsing for about 8 weeks for their dates. Only reason i'm intrigued by this is because Boz is still in Portugal.

My stomach just dropped. I scrimped and saved for a long time to be able to go to a Vegas show. I bought insurance on the tickets, but I don't know if I can cancel the hotel and everything.. And this is the thing motivating me to keep working at two jobs until sometimes 11 pm, 6 days a week, I keep thinking, this sucks but in August is the one thing to look forward to. Just think, it's all gonna be worth it when you're having the time of your life at the show. :(
I really hope they will make an exception!

Surely he will get an exemption. I have no idea how long it takes Morrissey's band to get up to speed for gigs but James have been rehearsing for about 8 weeks for their dates. Only reason i'm intrigued by this is because Boz is still in Portugal.
He may get an exemption but folk travelling from other continents surely won’t.
Also the US aren’t recognising a certain vaccination brand .

Currently no one from the UK is allowed to leave for America. And they are not allowed to use an intermediate Country (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Moscow) to use as a departure Airport.

HOWEVER discussions are ongoing now which may end this debacle on the 19th July for good, BUT it may only apply to UK folks who have had 2 vaccinations.

It does not matter what the INCOMING Country rules are at present.

Note Kim Kardashian could fly to Italy from the US recently. But no one from England can fly to Italy. If they actually did, then they immediately have to go into a Quarentine Hotel (€1500 for 5 days.) That said one could then watch Kim play football on the beach through the windows of said Quarentine Hotel Bedroom.

So please be patient. Good news is around the corner.

Hazard

It should be noted that he's travelled to the States and back whilst staying there long enough to record an album since around the end of 2020. Chad's comments place him being free to return to the UK (very) roughly about February this year.
Similarly, it shouldn't be assumed he never became a citizen, is dual national or green card / visa holder of some variety et al.
He's known to travel on an Irish passport - which definitely helped with the first journey to the US, but may be less useful currently.
Given he's still acknowledging the Vegas gig, I suspect he's in possession of clearer information than ourselves.
Regards,
FWD.

My stomach just dropped. I scrimped and saved for a long time to be able to go to a Vegas show. I bought insurance on the tickets, but I don't know if I can cancel the hotel and everything.. And this is the thing motivating me to keep working at two jobs until sometimes 11 pm, 6 days a week, I keep thinking, this sucks but in August is the one thing to look forward to. Just think, it's all gonna be worth it when you're having the time of your life at the show. :(
I really hope they will make an exception!
I hope it all works out for you👍

I have a suspicion that Las Vegas can pull a few strings and get Morrissey into the country. Money still talks.

The shows don't start for nearly two months, so a 14 day restriction isn't an issue. Plenty of time for him to fly to his home in Lausanne, chill out for 15 days, then book a flight to the US.

The shows don't start for nearly two months, so a 14 day restriction isn't an issue. Plenty of time for him to fly to his home in Lausanne, chill out for 15 days, then book a flight to the US.
i didnt know about Lausanne

He may get an exemption but folk travelling from other continents surely won’t.
Also the US aren’t recognising a certain vaccination brand .

I have a wee suspicion things ain't good with Moz & Boz?

Last edited:
It should be noted that he's travelled to the States and back whilst staying there long enough to record an album since around the end of 2020. Chad's comments place him being free to return to the UK (very) roughly about February this year.
Similarly, it shouldn't be assumed he never became a citizen, is dual national or green card / visa holder of some variety et al.
He's known to travel on an Irish passport - which definitely helped with the first journey to the US, but may be less useful currently.
Given he's still acknowledging the Vegas gig,

I suspect he's in possession of clearer information than ourselves.
Regards,
FWD.

as usual.

:cool:

Currently no one from the UK is allowed to leave for America.
Incorrect.
If you are visiting the UK you may return home.
If Morrissey has a green card (he must have to reside there??) then he can come and go as he pleases.

Back
Top Bottom