Vauxhall, Southpaw & Maladjusted vinyls?

thekremlin

After having to sell these a few months ago due to ongoing having to eat issues, I've now recovered my finances to such a degree that I can afford them again. Anyone selling any of them? Reasonably priced?

Just this week my local independent record shop had given prominent pride of place behind the counter to a 'Vauxhall and I' vinyl (in not especially pristine condition), and has priced it at £99.99. I was kind of shocked. I've no idea if that's the going rate.

I can't remember if I bought the LP at the time. I'm assuming I did, cos I usually bought everything in every format back in the day. But I'm too afraid to check the archive in case I find it absent. Cos I know I'll then become obsessed about paying silly money for something I don't really need.

As I stood looking up at it this week I remembered just how shit the sleeve of that LP looks. The original photograph (which I have on a 24"x24" promo board) is excellent, Moz looks suave, but the printing of the cover is genuinely atrocious. It was one of the first times I remember noticing rampant pixelisation on a cover sleeve, like it was blown up from a shit JPEG, which given this was 1994 always struck me as bizarre. I always assumed they were trying to go for some kind of vintage grain patina, but it just looks cheap and nasty.

After having to sell these a few months ago due to ongoing having to eat issues, I've now recovered my finances to such a degree that I can afford them again. Anyone selling any of them? Reasonably priced?

I have only ever seen these go for silly money.

I've seen the '91 Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal go for around 20 pounds each in decent record stores in London. But for some reason (anyone have any idea why?) these three you mention seem to cost a bomb on vinyl...

Yes, they are quite expensive. I bought them at the time (well, not Maladjusted... for some reason). It was that early to mid nineties time when vinyl wasn't selling very much. And yes, the back and inner sleeve on Vauxhall is badly pixelated. I imagine they blew up the cd cover to lp size.

there is a person is selling their whole collection on ebay for 3, 350 usd, maybe if it doesn't sell-which is quite the crazy price-you can buy individually. i do like how they are offering free shipping though

Last edited:
I was in Soho a while back and saw Vauxhall for £75, it looked in decent condition. I think it was in Sister Ray, but can't quite remember.

I also bought myself Your Arsenal from Flash Back in Islington for £15, was a bargain!

Back
Top Bottom