"Vauxhall And I" studio outtakes posted on smithstorrents.co.uk, YouTube

From liztray.com:

A news item if ever I heard one! Beautiful Vauxhall stuff, uploaded yesterday, may be new to some...

Morrissey : Studio Outtakes {Vauxhall & I} 1994 HQ Audio - hipsterdisco / YouTube

Description:

Published on Oct 1, 2012
Flotsam, Jetsam & Studio Outtakes cast aside by Morrissey when recording his 4th Studio Album, 'Vauxhall & i'. {With extra Track !}
Audio courtesy of blameless C/o http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/
~
Fantastic Bird {Monitor Mix} {Extra Track}
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself {Original Version} 02:56
Born To Hang {Monitor Mix} 06:38
Billy Bud {Monitor Mix} 09:18
Sunny {Monitor Mix} 11:31
Springheeled Jim {Monitor Mix} 14:13
~
Recorded in the summer of 1994 at Hook End Manor, Reading, England.
~
Some of these recordings are available at the ever excellent Smiths torrents HERE http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum... Courtesy of the always generous 'blameless'.

Last edited:
Those were the days - when Morrissey wrote great songs and had a half-decent band...

Thanks to my fave facebook Morrissey Smiths suplier Hipsterdisco, to put it on joetjoep

It's a nice bonus on a His best solo work, but glad it was released as it was, End!
Fantastic Bird is like a from Southpaw Grammar.

yeah who remembers Woody Taylor

'and they say he's mentall' ... 25 count down

Last edited:
Not to pee on anyone's parade here. But. How on earth is anything of this new? All of these songs/versions/mixes have been floating around on the internet for ages. And most of them have nothing at all to do with the Vauxhall-sessions. At all. Check Mozipedia and Passions Just Like mIne for reference.
Fantastic Bird is a Ronson-production, recorded 1992. Born to hang is a Langer/Winstanley production, and therefore an even earlier recording, when Moz played around with the idea of making a rockabilly EP (plans that were scrapped).
Sunny was originally intended to be on the Boxers single. That leaves three songs that are actually from the Vauxhall-sessions. And all of them have been around for a very long time (check the bootleg forum thread for instance).
So, there.

Not to pee on anyone's parade here. But. How on earth is anything of this new? All of these songs/versions/mixes have been floating around on the internet for ages. And most of them have nothing at all to do with the Vauxhall-sessions. At all. Check Mozipedia and Passions Just Like mIne for reference.
Fantastic Bird is a Ronson-production, recorded 1992. Born to hang is a Langer/Winstanley production, and therefore an even earlier recording, when Moz played around with the idea of making a rockabilly EP (plans that were scrapped).
Sunny was originally intended to be on the Boxers single. That leaves three songs that are actually from the Vauxhall-sessions. And all of them have been around for a very long time (check the bootleg forum thread for instance).
So, there.

Yes, these are already reported in 2001:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=01/07/04/1855226

Born to hang is a Langer/Winstanley production, and therefore an even earlier recording, when Moz played around with the idea of making a rockabilly EP (plans that were scrapped).
Sunny was originally intended to be on the Boxers single.

I've never heard about a Rockabilly EP. Did it get scapped with Pregnant for the Last Time being the only real remnant of it or did it also include You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side?

So I can't tell any difference on sunny other than it sounds like it was dubbed off a cassette. Find out for yourself was great though

I heard it for the first time so I appreciate it. :o

THERE'S NO need to be so knowing sounds sooooo bulky. Good chop call, Moz. He makes those decisions, right? I know nothing about lyrical editing.

Back
Top Bottom