Vauxhall and I - officially unofficial rarities / demos thread

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
Ok, so here are all the available demos/rarities from this era. I have decided to include only stuff with vocals and only studio demos (ie, no extremely LQ live versions or reputed instrumentals). This is stuff to listen to, not stuff for completeness sake. There is also nothing here that is commerically or officially sanctioned.

I am doing it album to album so that it can be added to whenever new stuff becomes available.
There is nothing here that has not been released before, but hopefully this is a way to get demos without having to download B-sides etc as well.

I will be uploading all albums over the next few days.

Thank you to all those who made these available in the first place.

Vauxhall & I Rarities
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ofxoev

1. Billy Budd (Demo)
2. Springheeled Jim (Demo)
3. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself (Demo)
4. Interlude (Moz Only Demo)

Re: Vauxhall and I - Officially Unofficial Rarities/Demos Thread

Is this just the same as "Rush to Danger"?

Yeah, I believe it is - probably should have marked it up as such.

When me and another member discussed this project we decided to lose the fan-titles in order to make it clear where they belong. Gets confusing trying to remember made-up names as well as official stuff.
Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, I believe it is - probably should have marked it up as such.

When me and another member discussed this project we decided to lose the fan-titles in order to make it clear where they belong. Gets confusing trying to remember made-up names as well as official stuff.
Sorry for the confusion.

That's alright, I just assumed that's what these songs were collectively called by everyone since that title and the artwork is attached when you play them in iTunes.
Actually prefer a couple of songs on this to the ones that made it on to Vauxhall.

That's alright, I just assumed that's what these songs were collectively called by everyone since that title and the artwork is attached when you play them in iTunes.
Actually prefer a couple of songs on this to the ones that made it on to Vauxhall.

Hmm, odd. The way they are on my iTunes is that they're tagged as "Vauxhall & I, Part II" with my own cover on it (which bizarrely is the same pic as the "Rush To Danger" one but with different text). Hardly a major thing, but odd.

re-label it as 'Rush To Danger' and upload the demo of "Sunny" too

Thought it was fairly well agreed that Sunny was not a demo but just the regular version chucked on for no real reason? Could be wrong but that was always my understanding.

Anyway, Rush To Danger is on here somewhere anyway. The idea is that this thread will contain any and all V&I rarities as it becomes available, not just specific bits of it. As Rush To Danger is not an official release, and is a collection of demos, I have included it here under the original album name rather than a fan-made one.

EDIT: Not to mention that the first result on Google for 'Morrissey Rush To Danger' is a different tracklisting altogether. This will hopefull limit confusion.

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading this, but I can't hear any differences myself. Other than sounding like it has been recorded from vinyl or tape to MP3 it sounds exactly like the regular version? What should I be listening out for?

I believe it's in a different key as well, but other than that it's nothing of real importance. IMO, that is :D

Thanks for uploading this, but I can't hear any differences myself. Other than sounding like it has been recorded from vinyl or tape to MP3 it sounds exactly like the regular version? What should I be listening out for?

I believe it's in a different key as well, but other than that it's nothing of real importance. IMO, that is :D

Yeah..it sound really like demo version. I believe this version has an alternative key. pay attention on intro and final of that and you'll find some differences, because it's not a mixed version - I mean, not with good quality.

Yeah..it sound really like demo version. I believe this version has an alternative key. pay attention on intro and final of that and you'll find some differences, because it's not a mixed version - I mean, not with good quality.

Fair enough, I'll believe ya on the technical side of things but to me it sounds like a low quality version of the official release :blushing:
Have included it to add for future uploads anyway.

Back
Top Bottom