Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary rescheduled to Oct. due to "medical emergency" - Ticketmaster

UPDATE: Apr. 18:
Saskatoon via Facebook.

20190418_210017.jpg

UPDATE: Apr. 16:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Received an email from Ticketmaster confirming CALGARY’S new rescheduled date of Friday October 11, 8:00pm.

UPDATE Apr. 16:

Winnipeg rescheduled. Posted by an anonymous person:

Shows now as being rescheduled to October 21. Still waiting for Calgary...
https://centennialconcerthall.com/O...&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

UPDATE Apr. 14:

Calgary (Apr. 17) is now listed as rescheduled on Ticketmaster with a date and time TBA

UPDATE 5:15 PM PT:

Edmonton (Apr. 18) is now reported to be postponed to Oct. 10. Posted by Famous when dead:

https://www.sonic1029.com/events/morrissey/

noooooooooo

Vancouver dates rescheduled for October. I knew it.

At least it isn't cancelled.

47216_47210_EFA180D0-2DF7-4B7E-BFF0-089382FAEBDE.png

UPDATE:

47215_D4EUSVZWwAEOM_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they all sold out Morrissey told us so - The instant sell-outs and impressive ticket demands in Canada is a soothing happiness.
Thank you, already, to everyone in Canada.

Well no, I think you've slightly misinterpreted his statement there. The plural of "instant sell-outs" could mean that 2 shows sold out instantly while some other shows had "impressive ticket demands".

But I agree with your overarching point that his statement does perhaps paint a rosier picture than the reality.

"The Bridge City concert was originally scheduled for April 20 but was postponed “due to a medical emergency stemming from an accident” the singer suffered while in Europe, according to a statement issued by promoters. A new date has not been announced."
Edited after I posted by the looks.
Regards,
FWD.

Wow - Sakatoon doesn't look great on there. The majority of the front half sold, with only 35 seats empty, but 407 unsold seats in the back mean he'd have been playing to a half empty venue if this one went ahead (plus the higher levels look half empty as well)

Might be time to go back to playing some smaller venues. :eek:

Morrissey's Saskatoon Performance Has Been Rescheduled for October 24th, 2019
Due to a medical emergency stemming from an accident incurred while traveling in Europe, Morrissey will be forced to postpone his originally scheduled performance in Saskatoon on April 20th to October 24th, 2019.
Spirits are high and the artist is on the path to a swift recovery. All tickets will be valid for the new date and exchanges will not be necessary. Thank you for your understanding.
Morrissey looks forward to making his long-awaited return to the city and wishes to deeply thank everyone for their patience. All remaining dates on Morrissey’s tour will resume as planned, commencing in Toronto on Friday, April 26th.

If you are unable to attend the rescheduled performance in Saskatoon on October 24th, Refunds will be available at TCU Place starting Tuesday April 23rdafter 10:00am. Box Office: 306-975-7799

Morrissey's Saskatoon Performance Has Been Rescheduled for October 24th, 2019
Due to a medical emergency stemming from an accident incurred while traveling in Europe, Morrissey will be forced to postpone his originally scheduled performance in Saskatoon on April 20th to October 24th, 2019.
Spirits are high and the artist is on the path to a swift recovery. All tickets will be valid for the new date and exchanges will not be necessary. Thank you for your understanding.
Morrissey looks forward to making his long-awaited return to the city and wishes to deeply thank everyone for their patience. All remaining dates on Morrissey’s tour will resume as planned, commencing in Toronto on Friday, April 26th.

If you are unable to attend the rescheduled performance in Saskatoon on October 24th, Refunds will be available at TCU Place starting Tuesday April 23rdafter 10:00am. Box Office: 306-975-7799

I feel your pain. I once flew down from Vancouver to Las Vegas to see Moz.. only to have the show cancelled an hour before it was set to start!

I too was at this particular concert.

I recall coming in from SoCal and waiting in line moving towards security when a large number of unifirmed LV PD came about. After which the announcement was made that the show was cancelled. I guess they anticipated a possible riot from the fans!

Word quickly passed that Alain suffered from back problems and that he was unable to recover for the show despite their best efforts.

I wandered around Vegas like a ghost for a bit then decided not to stick around and enjoy losing any money.

MrShoes

I too was at this particular concert.

I recall coming in from SoCal and waiting in line moving towards security when a large number of unifirmed LV PD came about. After which the announcement was made that the show was cancelled. I guess they anticipated a possible riot from the fans!

Word quickly passed that Alain suffered from back problems and that he was unable to recover for the show despite their best efforts.

I wandered around Vegas like a ghost for a bit then decided not to stick around and enjoy losing any money.

MrShoes

Oh the memories. I was there as well - 1999, I believe. House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. I had seen him in Santa Barbara the night below and expectations for another great night were high. Alas it was not to be. This was my first time getting caught up in a Morrissey cancellation on the road - and not the last. I ended up becoming quite infatuated with Las Vegas on the trip, however, and retuned many times since both for Morrissey and just for the thrill of it.

Omg, is this for real?? uwu

For real ? The lead singer for the Sweedish group Ah-HA was beset upon by Morrissey's rapturous desire once on a train, circa 85.... Something about a noticeable bulge in ol'Mozzer s britches and that was enough to Scare off his Sweet-dish quarry. Read all about in one of those Rogan books...Thanks Johnny...Hi Morrissey!

For real ? The lead singer for the Sweedish group Ah-HA was beset upon by Morrissey's rapturous desire once on a train, circa 85.... Something about a noticeable bulge in ol'Mozzer s britches and that was enough to Scare off his Sweet-dish quarry. Read all about in one of those Rogan books...Thanks Johnny...Hi Morrissey!

And there's this too
smithspromos_mike2.jpg

Well, much like a week ago, the band (Matt, Mando & Boz at least) are in/heading to Toronto.
Hopefully, things might go to plan now.
Regards,
FWD.

Hope you're right FWD.
I feel like I keep checking this site every morning expecting to hear Toronto has been cancelled too...
crossing my fingers I never do!

farkomalarco~1556036203~2028501167897594382_418366473.jpg

20190423_195528.jpg
Regards,
FWD.

Hope you're right FWD.
I feel like I keep checking this site every morning expecting to hear Toronto has been cancelled too...
crossing my fingers I never do!

He won’t cancel Toronto as it’s sold out, it’s the not sold out ones that he cancels/postpones and then comes up with bullshit excuses. We should have a sweepstake on which of the US dates get cancelled, I reckon it all depends on Californian Son sales but at this moment Camden and Portland are definitely on for cancellations and possibly Forest Hills.

He won’t cancel Toronto as it’s sold out, it’s the not sold out ones that he cancels/postpones and then comes up with bullshit excuses. We should have a sweepstake on which of the US dates get cancelled, I reckon it all depends on Californian Son sales but at this moment Camden and Portland are definitely on for cancellations and possibly Forest Hills.
You keep saying a lot depends on California Son sales - do you really think a) sales of a covers album are going to be significant, and b) upon hearing Morrissey cover a song, someone [who hasn't already bought a ticket] is suddenly going to drop $75+ to see him live? My point is, which in some ways backs up your constant chatter about poor sales to some of these autumn shows, is that somebody who want to go see Morrissey in concert is typically buying them the day they go on sale. He's not exactly a "oh let's go see Morrissey on a whim" kinda artist to the casual fan.

To be fair, the Canada tour wasn't even announced until February (i think).
That's not a lot of time to sell out a 2500 - 3000 seat venue.
A lot of bands/artists announce their tours 6 months to a year prior to the shows nowadays.

At least it allows more Canadian fans to plan for the run of shows in the fall.
I'm glad the west was postponed.
Maybe I'll be able to get in on the Vancouver shows now :thumbsup:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom