Utrecht - TivoliVredenburg (Oct. 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Yes, I Am Blind / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Photo by Nick Helderman, from @TiVre_Utrect / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

utrecht2.jpg
  • Photos by Luuk Denekamp (6 total) - 500px. Link posted by docinwestchester.

utrecht.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and it was a really bad idea to throw his shirt into the pit. I think of the Dutch as a peaceful folk but a handful of people literally fought over that shirt and the security guy with the scissors tried to sort them out but they kept fighting. World peace begins at home.
Julie

Very few people are lucky enough to have been brought up as vegetarian/vegans, and NEVER eaten meat. Almost all of us are indoctrinated as children to believe that killing and eating animals is acceptable. The important thing is, you can do something positive about it NOW - and take death out of your diet. Good luck - you will feel a lot better. :)

Thank you so much for your kind reply. It made me feel a little bit better.
I just needed that because I was emotinally confused. Now I have more positive feeling and your reply supports me in my determination to not eat meat ever again in my life. Its now become a practical thing to search for all nonmeat foodproducts.
I believe there are many more people who want to avoid eating meat but that it is no so easy if you are used to it.
Foodproducts with meat are so easily to acquire and it takes more time to get yourselve acustomed with the available alternatives. Thats why I think there are more people who would like to change their habit of eating meat but they are hesitating to take that first step. They are insecure and without knowledge abot the alternatives.
But I know there are and increasingly so.
Thanks again.
Gerrit

Very few people are lucky enough to have been brought up as vegetarian/vegans, and NEVER eaten meat. Almost all of us are indoctrinated as children to believe that killing and eating animals is acceptable. The important thing is, you can do something positive about it NOW - and take death out of your diet. Good luck - you will feel a lot better. :)

Thank you for your kind reply. It just made me feel a little bit better.
And I feel supported in my determination to not eat meat ever again
In my life. Maybe I am too sensitive about it (and about many other thins too).
I don' care if other people consider me as " a pussy". I am not. Although, whats wrong
with "pussy" ? I like "pussy" and I don't care about people giving me name whatsover.
They can all hang themselves. I can supply the rope if needed without charging extra costs.
Thanks again for your kindness.
Gerrit

From my personal experience, the folks who are against any psychotropics are control freaks who are afraid of any substance which may alter their thinking and render them powerless. So they become radical drug opponents out of their own fear. They fail to realize that some people are laid back and enjoy altering their consciousness every once in a while on special occasions such as a gig. Not everyone becomes an addict or takes drugs to escape "problems in their lives." They do it for fun. For the ecstasy. I suggest you lighten up and quit raining on others' parades.

It sort of makes sense that someone like you who are so opinionated on absolutely everything would need something to NOT be in control. I dunno why people have a need to not be in control and not know what is going on around them or inside them.

I do not fear drugs at all because they were made for a purpose, namely to kill pains and help people cope through horrible medical ordeals. I do however feel that we who are not in need of drugs to cope in our lives must help those that do as much as we can. We cannot give up on people dying from abuse.

The latest deaths from drugs come from online purchases of something called Spice which just goes to show what a huge problem drugs are. People that use drugs think they are in control but all studies show they are not and the reality show it even more clearly and since I know you like science and studies you cannot back out of that one.

Drugs would be no problem at all if only the people who use it died from it or did not commit crimes against others to be able to afford it but sadly that is not the case. But drugs make people murder and steal and rob and rape and so on. That is what makes drugs such a problem and those that die from it leave loved ones behind who will mourn as long as they live. People romanticise drug use and those that do tend to have a problem with their own consumption.

I still insist that weak minds start using drugs because they are influenced by the people they perceive as cool that use it. Often these people are famous or successful in the eyes of the people that wanna copy all they do. Drugs are never a short cut to fame and money but sadly the streets are filled with people who thought that when they started using drugs. I am glad that the entire world have government based forces that tackle drug use and fight it every day or else this world would be full of more people living their life in a zombie frame of mind.

I wish Morrissey would speak out on drugs and condemn it as much as he does with meat consumption.

CG is probably the only person in North America that got that reference...

Not true. I loved that song when I was little; it's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head like Afternoon Delight. I would have loved to have been there; hey, that's what I'm living for...

lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom