Used to Be a Moz Suppler

AgathaCleary

Hi all:

back in the day I worked for a company that distributed Evian Sprayers. I used to send them to Moz for american tours.

How did this all get started?

Funny story. Merck's wife first used the sprayers on a trip to Europe - say 25 years ago. Morrissey had been complaining that he was struggling on stage to stay comfortable. So Merck suggested the sprayer.

At the same time I had sent Merck some demos for Morrissey to consider. This was after Alain left the tour. Merck and I were exchanging emails about the demos, which were ultimately rejected. But I started sending Morrissey sprayers...Cases upon cases.

A

That's very interesting, A. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't know he used the sprays; they were never listed on his riders. I took him to be a Fiji water man, myself.

Drinking water is more effective in keeping you cool and hydrated, however I'm a fan of spray mists that contain herbally-type stuff because it's very soothing to the skin.

Picture-63.png

Hi all:

back in the day I worked for a company that distributed Evian Sprayers. I used to send them to Moz for american tours.

How did this all get started?

Funny story. Merck's wife first used the sprayers on a trip to Europe - say 25 years ago. Morrissey had been complaining that he was struggling on stage to stay comfortable. So Merck suggested the sprayer.

At the same time I had sent Merck some demos for Morrissey to consider. This was after Alain left the tour. Merck and I were exchanging emails about the demos, which were ultimately rejected. But I started sending Morrissey sprayers...Cases upon cases.

A

Was this a random musing?

I didn't even know such things existed. I just looked it up and it's the biggest load of unscientific bollocks I've ever read..."Tone, refresh and moisturize your skin with Evian Spray. Spray it on and feel the cooling sensation as the millions of tiny micro-droplets are absorbed and instantly go to work to moisturize and refresh... It's just f***ing water. And, more than that, water that has been shipped halfway round the world so users can enjoy it, burning countless kilos of fuel and contributing to global warming. If you're going to do this sort of stuff, go to your local store, choose a local brand, and splash it all over. And there is no health or microbiological reason why you shouldn't. And it's cheaper.

P.

I have it on good authority that the water was transported from the Trevi Fountain in Rome, having been blessed by the pope en route to moz towers.

...I thought this thread was about Making Mozzer more "Suppler"....( I imagined some kind of Back-stage " pre-gig Massage" antics....) my diseased mind is still boggling at the thought/idea of what a "Suppler" actually is....

So...agree the product is total bogus. But Morrissey was nuts about it. In fact Morrissey approved working with us because Evian did not do anything to animals...literally that was a factor.

Sent him some demos too...which was fun to dream that I could be the new Jesse!

I remember Morrissey spraying something like what's posted above on his face at a concert on his last tour.Who'd have thought he or Merck would go to all that trouble for a splash of water.:crazy:

Some celebrities seem to think Evian has semi-magical properties. I remember reading that Kim Basinger washes her hair in it (she does have lovely hair) and some people, really loaded people, will bathe only in Evian.

It's called having more money than sense.

I remember being so excited as a kid when I realized or was told that Evian spelled backwards is Naive. I mean beyond excited at the irony of it, the selling water by the river thing. Nobody shared my enthusiasm, a simple puppy at wordplay. :p

I didn't even know such things existed. I just looked it up and it's the biggest load of unscientific bollocks I've ever read..."Tone, refresh and moisturize your skin with Evian Spray. Spray it on and feel the cooling sensation as the millions of tiny micro-droplets are absorbed and instantly go to work to moisturize and refresh... It's just f***ing water. And, more than that, water that has been shipped halfway round the world so users can enjoy it, burning countless kilos of fuel and contributing to global warming. If you're going to do this sort of stuff, go to your local store, choose a local brand, and splash it all over. And there is no health or microbiological reason why you shouldn't. And it's cheaper.

P.

we have a simlar thing in scotland we call them taps , they are kept by sinks

I remember being so excited as a kid when I realized or was told that Evian spelled backwards is Naive. I mean beyond excited at the irony of it, the selling water by the river thing. Nobody shared my enthusiasm, a simple puppy at wordplay. :p

i like this ...

Back
Top Bottom