'USA Today' - Morrissey Central (27th Nov.)

Which venue was that Surface? Did you go?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
It was at Yes on Charles St near Hooky's Factory nightclub. I dropped my daughter off there and picked her up after. They have 2 big gigs at Victoria Warehouse next month. Both nights are sold out and it holds 5000, so things are definitely happening for them.

My daughter just let me know they have sold out Brixton Academy as well!

He's not busking to audition for how well he'd fit into Morrissey's band or how well he'd mesh subtlely into a recording. He's busking to exhibit his technical capability in return for money. You said you agreed that he can play sax and that he added an interesting touch. That was the point.
True that. But I reckon he could do all Jesse's guitar parts on sax no problem. They should recruit him quick. It could be Morrissey's 'Serious Moonlight' phase a la Bowie.

Thank god there was no saxophone in the smiths or Morrissey's music.

nope. not quite.

He knew the song, and STILL he was doing something crazy on top. Like a counterpart. Like a distorted echo that here and there touches the "right" melody. There is one part that makes it quite obvious to me...cause until that point I was not really sure it wasn't an avant-gard-ish thing.

Randomly blowing bits of saxophone with complete disregard for what else is occurring within the song's melody and vocal is not exactly a solo.

I played a song for you on the butt trumpet while I was taking a massive dump. It really expresses my feelings.

Not shown is ten minutes later the publishing house's lawyers confiscated the man's saxophone for non-payment of royalties but not before a wandering SJW told off the man for playing racist music.

nope. not quite.

He knew the song, and STILL he was doing something crazy on top. Like a counterpart. Like a distorted echo that here and there touches the "right" melody. There is one part that makes it quite obvious to me...cause until that point I was not really sure it wasn't an avant-gard-ish thing.

Erin.gif

True enough ....only 2 things missing...a black & an Asian. .....That will be next, or an all black band from somolia...doing Ella Fitz -someone covers....that should finally sink the Mozzer. ..good an proper, it will !

no, it will be darling surface, skinny in his cricket uni and me, bth as backup vocalists.

Of course, Morrissey and Free Jazz will never match... Oh, wait...

Morrissey's Arkestra!!!!!

I love this song and I'm glad he's still playing it.
"Fights for rights
Everyone's oh so quick with advice
And when they've all said their piece
It's still you I love
Now just like then"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom