'USA Today' - Morrissey Central (27th Nov.)

It's pretty clear that the saxophone player had never heard that song before in his life.

Is that intended to be an insult? Because he did a good job of it.

No, not an insult. I agree the man can play the sax and added an interesting touch. But clearly he was not playing along or in synch with the song in any form or fashion.

There's a demo of Never Had No One off The Queen Is Dead Deluxe Version (hear it on Spotify) with an added saxophone part that was atrocious. The producer did his job when he decided not to use it in the final cut. But I smiled at this. Thankfully though, no saxophone part on the original song. Save it for the elevator.

I think that's kind of the point of saxophone soloing.

Randomly blowing bits of saxophone with complete disregard for what else is occurring within the song's melody and vocal is not exactly a solo.

Randomly blowing bits of saxophone with complete disregard for what else is occurring within the song's melody and vocal is not exactly a solo.

He's not busking to audition for how well he'd fit into Morrissey's band or how well he'd mesh subtlely into a recording. He's busking to exhibit his technical capability in return for money. You said you agreed that he can play sax and that he added an interesting touch. That was the point.

THIS GUYS GOTTA DO A WHOLE ALBUM !!!

:sax::sax::sax::sax::sax::sax::rock::thumb: :cool:

Would be a great opening act..

Last edited:
And this is what the Smiths would have eventually looked like if Morrissey had his way.

DP03MavV4AAQYOx.jpg

I know ! Ain’t it a shame they didn’t stay together?!

They look great !

:cool:

Last edited:
And this is what the Smiths would have eventually looked like if Morrissey had his way.

DP03MavV4AAQYOx.jpg

True enough ....only 2 things missing...a black & an Asian. .....That will be next, or an all black band from somolia...doing Ella Fitz -someone covers....that should finally sink the Mozzer. ..good an proper, it will !

I know ! Ain’t it a shame they didn’t stay together?!

:cool:

Its amazing how the young ones are picking up on the Smiths. Blossoms from Stockport played a warm up gig for their December tour in Manchester last night and covered Bigmouth. Audience age ranges from 15 to 20 and they loved it.

There's a demo of Never Had No One off The Queen Is Dead Deluxe Version (hear it on Spotify) with an added saxophone part that was atrocious. The producer did his job when he decided not to use it in the final cut. But I smiled at this. Thankfully though, no saxophone part on the original song. Save it for the elevator.

Wrong. It was a trumpet. I leaked it here originally. You can read Mike's account of the trumpet guy turning up.

Which venue was that Surface? Did you go?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Its amazing how the young ones are picking up on the Smiths. Blossoms from Stockport played a warm up gig for their December tour in Manchester last night and covered Bigmouth. Audience age ranges from 15 to 20 and they loved it.

They even play it better than his present Lawnmower line up could only dream how to play it.
Excellent, well done Blossoms :clap::clap::clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom