US tour announced - true-to-you.net

UPDATE April 3:

North American tour and Madison Square Garden posters on true-to-you.net.

An anonymous person writes:

Amanda Palmer support?!

Morrissey new dates - true-to-you.net
2 April 2015

Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates:

June 11
New Orleans (LA) / Saenger Theater
June 13
Atlanta (GA) / Atlanta Symphony Hall
June 15
Durham (NC) / The Carolina Theatre
June 24
Worcester (MA) / Hanover Theater
June 27
New York City (NY) / Madison Square Garden
June 29
Akron (OH) / Akron Civic Theater
June 30
Cincinnati (OH) / Aronoff Center for the Arts
July 2
Nashville (TN) / Grand Ole Opry House
July 8
Detroit (MI) / Masonic Temple
July 9
Chicago (IL) / Civic Opera House
July 11
Normal (IL) / Bloomington Center for the Arts
July 13
St. Paul (MN) / Fitzgerald Theater
July 16
Morrison (CO) / Red Rocks
July 18
Salt Lake City (UT) / The Depot
July 21
Seattle (WA) / Benaroya Hall
July 23
Troutdale (OR) / Edgefield
July 25
San Jose (CA) / San Jose Event Center

Blondie will open the night at Madison Square Garden
Amanda Palmer will open the night at San Jose

Please support Morrissey by downloading "Kiss Me A Lot" on iTunes US, or iTunes UK

morrissey_north_american_tour_june_and_july_2015.jpg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know where I'll be on June 27th.. at the bar.. drinking away the pain of yet another cancelled show.

In his defence? Mmmh ... Let us take a look at people's reactions ...

No tour dates = wrong (forgetting his fans)
Tour dates = wrong (just cashing in)
No new material = wrong (nostalgia act / just cashing in)
New material = wrong (too much new material)
Big venues = wrong (no atmosphere / just cashing in)
Small venues = wrong (he can't fill bigger ones)
Off the track cities = wrong (what to do afterwards? Boring / nobody wants to see him in the big cities)
Big cities = wrong (forgetting his fans elsewhere / too far to travel)

I could go on forever ... You get the general idea ...

I know I just made a cynical remark about him cancelling but it was sarcasm... in all honesty I don't have any of the complaints above.

There is no connection, beyond the fact that by playing together they can sell out this venue. It's not rocket science.

Damn i thought more highly of Morrissey, with that logic why does he not have Taylor Swift open for him.......
Never mind he would have open for Swift......

I know where I'll be on June 27th.. at the bar.. drinking away the pain of yet another cancelled show.

Don't lose faith.

Last edited:
Damn i thought more highly of Morrissey, with that logic why does he not have Taylor Swift open for him.......
Never mind he would have open for Swift......

If this is a serious post then I actually don't know what to say (and that rarely happens with me) ...

I'm pretty much done with the spectacle . Although his voice was truly as good as its ever been the last time I saw him, the shite setlist and continued awfulness of his bad has finally worn me down.
Anything involving an overnight stay (or more than a one hour journey...) to see a Morrissey set is a fools errand. I wonder how the tour insurance bond works with him these days.

I'd really like to see the opening night in New Orleans. Great city, and I've actually been hoping Moz would play there one day. I've been twice - both for work - and I'd like to experience it again for a short leisure trip. Gotta run the numbers to see if that's feasible.

Other than that definite maybe, I'll be looking into at least two of the following: Worcester, New York and this rumored Philly show.

Morrissey playing 10 min from my house!!

Thanks Moz!!

My father just walked behind me as I was checking out the Nashville venue and said "I was there when Johnny Cash met June Carter for the first time on July 7, 1956. Well, I saw the concert not the meeting. They met backstage."

Chrissie Hynde lives in London much of the year, so though it might be cool for ther to join Moz on stage in Akron, it is highly unlikely.

Don't you mean the 24th? I was confused about the date of the Worcester date at first too. And while we're on that topic, why the F would he play Worcester when he loves Boston and there are so many venues he could play? Maybe the House of Rules didn't want him back?

You don't have to feel sad for Canada. I have a Canadian friend and she is going nuts right now. She hoped for Seattle and now she goes to Seattle. :D

Depends where you are in Canada, I guess. It's a big place!! ;) Last year I was very close to the Lewiston NY gig which got cancelled. Seattle's wayyyy too far for me. :(

"Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates"

Good luck to him and all that, but won't the people going to the shows already have the album, and indeed the non-tangible 'single'? I think the cleft-stick he finds himself in is that at the moment he genuinely can't do anything else other than tour to bring the money in. It's not his fault, that's just the way the industry is now. If I was advising him, and I'm not, but if I was, I'd make the tour far, far less of a showcase for something that had it's fanfare last year, and bring in much more from his wider career. People going to the shows wont be enthused to hear a promotional set for something from last year, they will want to hear stuff from Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva...

That's true if you were able to get to some shows.
The one I had tickets to last year was cancelled. I'd still like a night of Neal Cassady, Staircase, Istanbul, One of Our Own, Kiss Me a Lot et al.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you mean the 24th? I was confused about the date of the Worcester date at first too. And while we're on that topic, why the F would he play Worcester when he loves Boston and there are so many venues he could play? Maybe the House of Rules didn't want him back?

Good eye. I missed that. There is a 9 day gap between shows and a lot of miles between NC and MA so I wouldn't be surprised if there are other shows added.

This could be partially strategic to ensure good sales at MSG and other shows could get announced after that.

That's true if you were able to get to some shows.
The one I had tickets to last year was cancelled. I'd still like a night of Neal Cassady, Staircase, Istanbul, One of Our Own, Kiss Me a Lot et al.

- - - Updated - - -

Good eye. I missed that. There is a 9 day gap between shows and a lot of miles between NC and MA so I wouldn't be surprised if there are other shows added.

This could be partially strategic to ensure good sales at MSG and other shows could get announced after that.

Worcester is a shit hole and boston is beautiful but maybe it was a matter of distance.

My father just walked behind me as I was checking out the Nashville venue and said "I was there when Johnny Cash met June Carter for the first time on July 7, 1956. Well, I saw the concert not the meeting. They met backstage."

June Carter Cash used to babysit my mother in law (now deceased) when both families lived off Jeff Davis Highway / Rte 1 here in Richmond, VA. The Cash family was living here when they were doing the Old Dominion Barn Dance. She attended old John Marshall High School while living in Richmond. The Cash family and my mother in law's family lived on the same block.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom