US tour announced - true-to-you.net

UPDATE April 3:

North American tour and Madison Square Garden posters on true-to-you.net.

An anonymous person writes:

Amanda Palmer support?!

Morrissey new dates - true-to-you.net
2 April 2015

Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates:

June 11
New Orleans (LA) / Saenger Theater
June 13
Atlanta (GA) / Atlanta Symphony Hall
June 15
Durham (NC) / The Carolina Theatre
June 24
Worcester (MA) / Hanover Theater
June 27
New York City (NY) / Madison Square Garden
June 29
Akron (OH) / Akron Civic Theater
June 30
Cincinnati (OH) / Aronoff Center for the Arts
July 2
Nashville (TN) / Grand Ole Opry House
July 8
Detroit (MI) / Masonic Temple
July 9
Chicago (IL) / Civic Opera House
July 11
Normal (IL) / Bloomington Center for the Arts
July 13
St. Paul (MN) / Fitzgerald Theater
July 16
Morrison (CO) / Red Rocks
July 18
Salt Lake City (UT) / The Depot
July 21
Seattle (WA) / Benaroya Hall
July 23
Troutdale (OR) / Edgefield
July 25
San Jose (CA) / San Jose Event Center

Blondie will open the night at Madison Square Garden
Amanda Palmer will open the night at San Jose

Please support Morrissey by downloading "Kiss Me A Lot" on iTunes US, or iTunes UK

morrissey_north_american_tour_june_and_july_2015.jpg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates"

Good luck to him and all that, but won't the people going to the shows already have the album, and indeed the non-tangible 'single'? I think the cleft-stick he finds himself in is that at the moment he genuinely can't do anything else other than tour to bring the money in. It's not his fault, that's just the way the industry is now. If I was advising him, and I'm not, but if I was, I'd make the tour far, far less of a showcase for something that had it's fanfare last year, and bring in much more from his wider career. People going to the shows wont be enthused to hear a promotional set for something from last year, they will want to hear stuff from Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva...

they will want to hear stuff from Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva hate ...

Yes and they get it, in Tilburg he plays "A certain people " "Speedway "and "Suedehead" :D

Since when does morrissey like blondie

- - - Updated - - -

His music taste has really done a 360 since the early days
Blondie seems like a band he would not touch with a Barge pole
(Dont get me wrong blondie is awesome)

- - - Updated - - -

Iam starting to seriously think there is some "Paul is dead" shit thats happend to Morrissey

Perhaps that's why someone was selling his shoes a couple of months ago. I saw a webpage, someone here might have linked to it actually, where the theory was put forward that the real Morrissey died after Quarry and was replaced by an idiot. It would certainly explain a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Iam starting to seriously think there is some "Paul is dead" shit thats happend to Morrissey

'Paul is dead' is one of my fave conspiracy theories ever!

"Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates"

Good luck to him and all that, but won't the people going to the shows already have the album, and indeed the non-tangible 'single'? I think the cleft-stick he finds himself in is that at the moment he genuinely can't do anything else other than tour to bring the money in. It's not his fault, that's just the way the industry is now. If I was advising him, and I'm not, but if I was, I'd make the tour far, far less of a showcase for something that had it's fanfare last year, and bring in much more from his wider career. People going to the shows wont be enthused to hear a promotional set for something from last year, they will want to hear stuff from Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva...

20 years ago Morrissey was pulling the same trick, those Boxers show ostensibly promoted Vauxhall a year after release. No early solo classics and the introduction of one or two Smiths songs.

Admittedly Vauxhall and Your Arsenal are superior records to World Peace, but it still has its moments and is one of the better albums he's released post-comeback.

I hope he never goes down the classic album/ Greatest Hits route. It is one of the reasons I admire the cantankerous old sod.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw Neil Young play Red Rocks and it simply is the most wonderful of venues (assuming the weather is nice). I was living in Castle Rock, CO at the time so the colour of the rock wasn't a novelty, but the sheer size of the 'cave' is impressive. A great place to see him.
Regards,
FWD

Excuse my ignorance but is that Where YouPoo recorded Under the Blood Red Sky

:( Nowhere near to me whatsoever! Sad for Canada :(

You don't have to feel sad for Canada. I have a Canadian friend and she is going nuts right now. She hoped for Seattle and now she goes to Seattle. :D

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have a theory that the entertainment industry makes a clone of an artist just once in case they die
But next time they die they are stuck like that
I think Morrissey used up his copy

Just imagine the racket in Madison Square Garden when the opening notes of "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle", "(To Give) The Reason I Live" and "Scandinavia" ring out!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have a theory that the entertainment industry creates a copy of artists just once to use in case of death
Next time they die its for real
Sort of a second chance

Poor Flint, MI.

Poor Cliff Richard.

ill be at madison square if i manage to get a ticket, should be able to but yeah no md is hurting me. anyboby else going to new york. have to sit through a blondie set though so thatll suck for me though its probably his best opener in a while just down to respect and popularity. should be good for all involved

No DC / MD / Philly????

Could have something to do with Firefly restrictions.

There is also a 9 day break in the schedule, so it seems likely another 3-4 dates could be announced, and given where he will be positioned at the time of said break, DC / MD/ Philly would be a likely bet.

Could have something to do with Firefly restrictions.

There is also a 9 day break in the schedule, so it seems likely another 3-4 dates could be announced, and given where he will be positioned at the time of said break, DC / MD/ Philly would be a likely bet.

I hope you're correct, Harsh Truth, 'cos I'm in a miserable mood as I slowly realize getting to NYC is going to be near impossible for us.

I wonder if the floor area will be standing or seated at MSG? It's a huge arena but centrally located and close to food and a transportation hub (Penn Station).

I wonder if the floor area will be standing or seated at MSG? It's a huge arena but centrally located and close to food and a transportation hub (Penn Station).

Was curious about this myself. Do they typically do GA floor for concerts?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom