Upload/Download Complainers!

boyleastlikelyto

well, that's the story of my life..
I understand why ppl talk about how ppl should buy records and singles, etc. Because it keeps the artists from getting all the money they should. But some of us can't find these things in the record shops, don't have a way to get things from ebay or similar sources and would totally buy the recordings if we could. Me myself, if I could, I'd pay someone to upload things I don't have for me. Sure a lot of ppl are just cheap and don't want to put forth more effort than to ask the amazing Solo members to upload files for them. I'd like to think they are the minority. It's not going to make THAT big of a difference on Moz's wallet for ppl to post bside and rarities for us. The animosity and foul comments made to ppl asking for things is uncalled for. Unless they're really just asking for it!! Thanks for all the songs you've provided for the community, everyone!! But none of us are official defenders of any artist or the industry, so stop acting like it, eh?

I didn't say it was a remote location w/o record stores. Go to ZIA, ask for the new Mozza single and see what they say. They won't have it. I've found most of the singles I have @ Bookman's, a resale ONLY store and the others (surprisingly) @ chain stores. I got 'You Have Killed Me' and 'The Youngest Was the Most Loved' @ Best Buy even. It's not like you just stroll in there and ask if they've got a copy of 'Sing Your Life' on hand. The kids @ ZIA might know who you're talking about on a good day but the Best Buy lot, not so much. So things aren't AS available as you'd think and it's not like Morrissey records are produced and reprinted on par with the vastness of saay Pink Floyd records, for example, so they can be somewhat difficult to come accross.

Last edited:
Amazon are good.
Looking at your list it's no surprise which side of the fence you are on.

Last edited:
Amazon are good.
Looking at your list it's no surprise which side of the fence you are on.

There really isn't a fence since just about everyone in this day and age has downloaded something "illegally". But go ahead, tell us you haven't and lie to yourself.

There really isn't a fence since just about everyone in this day and age has downloaded something "illegally". But go ahead, tell us you haven't and lie to yourself.

And once again the point is missed, if you love Morrissey enough to join an on-line forum then you should love him enough to buy the releases either record, CD or legal download.
There are so many legal download and on-line vendors that the arguments for not buying really don't add up.
And for your information the only illegal downloading I do is concerts and if these were available to buy I would.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I was in Glendale when ROTT was released and was able to find both versions at Zia Record Exchange. Did some research and found there are two locations in Tucson. That does not mean they will regularly stack some obscure single and those things are available online by doing a little research - vinyltap, eil, for example. I am one of those that actually appreciated that commercially available items were off-limits here, that was until I saw the numerous links for YOR all over this site. What moderation? I can only presume that most others here are like me and will actually buy the CD, buy the singles in all versions and formats likely just to upload them into my iPod and then put away, never to be played again because I want to add these items to a growing Moz collection. The problem is that not everyone will go out and buy the album now - could that number be as large as 20%? It is important that YOR is purchased during its first week of release. That is when it will achieve its highest sales and directly correlates with the highest chart position it will receive. As for other items, b-sides, whatever, there are still singles that I would love to have hard copies of and a random song that I may not possess, but there are also things that I know better than to ask for here. Do your research, save your money, and consider who is doing the whining...

Yeah. Douche bags from Colorado.

That must be you in the picture because you look as moronic as the idiotic retort you made. No wonder you can't find what you're looking for because you look like you don't have enough brains to navigate your way out of the house!

I didn't say it was a remote location w/o record stores. Go to ZIA, ask for the new Mozza single and see what they say. They won't have it. I've found most of the singles I have @ Bookman's, a resale ONLY store and the others (surprisingly) @ chain stores. I got 'You Have Killed Me' and 'The Youngest Was the Most Loved' @ Best Buy even. It's not like you just stroll in there and ask if they've got a copy of 'Sing Your Life' on hand. The kids @ ZIA might know who you're talking about on a good day but the Best Buy lot, not so much. So things aren't AS available as you'd think and it's not like Morrissey records are produced and reprinted on par with the vastness of saay Pink Floyd records, for example, so they can be somewhat difficult to come accross.

There is a record store in Tucson called PDQ. I haven't been there in a long time but it was a pretty cool store. You should check it out if you haven't.

And once again the point is missed, if you love Morrissey enough to join an on-line forum then you should love him enough to buy the releases either record, CD or legal download.
There are so many legal download and on-line vendors that the arguments for not buying really don't add up.
And for your information the only illegal downloading I do is concerts and if these were available to buy I would.
Thank you for your time.

Morrissey's alright, but I only come here for the tips on illegal downloads. I make CD's and sell them at the swap meet. ROTT didn't sell very many copies. Do you know a way to re-write over write-only CD's?

Your ignorance is blinding! AT WHAT POINT DID I SAY THAT I WOULDN'T BE BUYING IT? HUH? HUH? HUH? Mental midget.

There is a record store in Tucson called PDQ. I haven't been there in a long time but it was a pretty cool store. You should check it out if you haven't.

I wiped PDQ out a LOOONG time ago. I bought every record, cd and cassette they had and they haven't gotten anything new since. I mean I bought multiple copies of things. I have like at least ten copies of Viva Hate, Bona Drag, Kill Uncle and Vauxhall & I each. Some are from diff pressings, countries and things but still. Twist & Shout gets a few records here and there. I hit the Vinyl Conventions when they come through. Lots of stuff to be gotten there. I haven't been to the swap meet yet though. I'm not cheap but I don't have a debit card either!

Your ignorance is blinding! AT WHAT POINT DID I SAY THAT I WOULDN'T BE BUYING IT? HUH? HUH? HUH? Mental midget.

You REALLY are an Idiot, AT WHAT POINT DID I SAY THAT YOU WOULDN'T BE BUYING IT? HUH? HUH? HUH?
What a Ball Bag.

You REALLY are an Idiot, AT WHAT POINT DID I SAY THAT YOU WOULDN'T BE BUYING IT? HUH? HUH? HUH?
What a Ball Bag.

Explain to me how this doesn't imply that downloaders will not be partaking in purchasing said album. I would LOVE to hear your rational!

Yeah. Douche bags from Colorado.

Here you go dude:

“Zia is Now Hiring in Tucson!"

We are looking for Assistant Managers, Shift Managers,
and of course friendly Record Store Clerks!
you can apply on line at [email protected]

or

In either of our 2 stores:
Speedway
3370 E. Speedway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85716
Phone: (520) 327-3340

Oracle & Prince
3655 N. Oracle #107
Tucson , AZ 85705Phone: (520) 887-6898

Please email your resume to [email protected]

I'm sure this will provide you with ample funds to purchase whatever you want. You'll also get first pickings!:)

Explain to me how this doesn't imply that downloaders will not be partaking in purchasing said album. I would LOVE to hear your rational!

I can't be bothered, yet I've enjoyed our time together. :)

But let's put it this way,
I can't say that everyone that downloads the album will not buy it
and you can't say that everyone that downloads it will.

Last edited:
Erm have you heard of asking your local record store to order in new releases or ordered morrissey's back catalogue into your local library. This forum is great for downloading bootlegs, rarities.... but I don't understand your particular argument....

I can't be bothered, yet I've enjoyed our time together. :)

But let's put it this way,
I can't say that everyone that downloads the album will not buy it
and you can't say that everyone that downloads it will.

EXACTLY! That's why I don't run around being an ignorant c*** acting like I know what's best for other people!

Back
Top Bottom