Updated info on new Studio Album via Wikipedia

However all of the new songs from the 2002 tour found there way into the studio and were released in some form or another.

yeah yeah of course. but i mean not make the album itself.

oh no, not Wikifailure again

this site should be closed at once, anyone can add foolish things, it's
the laugh of internet, not taken to be seriues

just make a rumour that Marr is planned to play a track on Morrissey's album,
it will be inmediately addded on Wikifailure

hack it

eh wikipedia is good for most non pop-culture topics...and I think if we as a fanbase check to validate these tracks together we could really make this a good page and have more to be excited about

oh no, not Wikifailure again

this site should be closed at once, anyone can add foolish things, it's
the laugh of internet, not taken to be seriues

just make a rumour that Marr is planned to play a track on Morrissey's album,
it will be inmediately addded on Wikifailure

hack it

Blanked

Last edited:
They must canoodle. At least.

Which is fine. I guess. I don't have the energy to find the answer that they aren't and besides it'd just be what you wanted me to hear anyway so it's f***ing pointless. Okay so I'm insecure. BLEH why am I even discussing this? This is pathetic in action. Take note writers. I just love him so much and well, whatever. I hate this.

I swear 'No Room For Oscar' and 'Please Don't Throw Things At Me' have been knocked about for ages now as unreleased material from a few years ago. Not sure if I remember correctly but they may even have been mentioned as part of the Southpaw sessions.

...It looks like people have certainly just been makin' stuff up!

Love PTxx.

Last edited:
Checked this today when I got in to work and it's since been updated to include ""Nasty, Mean and Vulgar Kristeen" - Written by Morrissey and Boz Boorer backstage after a certain someone made a silly joke about Morrissey"

This better be a load of rubbish - I like it when he's cutting, waspish and snippy but a song like that would just be wrong.

Checked this today when I got in to work and it's since been updated to include ""Nasty, Mean and Vulgar Kristeen" - Written by Morrissey and Boz Boorer backstage after a certain someone made a silly joke about Morrissey"

This better be a load of rubbish - I like it when he's cutting, waspish and snippy but a song like that would just be wrong.

I reckon that is a joke, it is just somebody taking advantage of the fact that you can write just about anything on Wikipedia.

Love PTxx.

good to see whytey is back in composing, then. not that the others are bad. just missed him on 'ringleader'. and i actually do think mikey farrell is bad at composing (well, other than 'sweetie pie' which i really liked).

you KNOW what i mean...

Actually, Alain wrote exactly half of RotT: I Will See You In Far-Off Places, Dear God Please Help Me, The Father Who Must Be Killed, Life is a Pigsty, I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now, and To Me You Are a Work of Art. Plus he wrote the B-side Ganglord.

Based on what I've heard so far--with the minor exception of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris--I'm counting on Alain's material to be this new album's saving grace. He and Jerry Finn apparently had a really good working relationship, so I'm hoping that he is more in evidence on the new album. Jesse definitely overdominated the guitar mix on RotT.

Cheers,

Jamie

Tobias is an excellent musician in my honest opinion. The problem is that he is playing for the wrong band.

Link to Matt Walkers myspace page?

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey's_Untitled_Ninth_Studio_Album
"The Longer I Live" - recorded along with "Thats How People Grow Up" with Jerry Finn as mentioned on Matt Walkers myspace page.
Does anybody has a link to Matt´s page?

And also, Alain´s page seems to be private. Is there somebody with
access? Any Info on "Livings" or the new album?

-------------------------------------------------------
"Livings" - new track composed with Alain Whyte
"No Room For Oscar" - scheduled to be played at London Roundhouse, 2007
"Son of Sin" - anonymous source.
"Please Don't Throw Things At Me" - anonymous source

Thanks
-Joe

Last edited:
Actually, Alain wrote exactly half of RotT: I Will See You In Far-Off Places, Dear God Please Help Me, The Father Who Must Be Killed, Life is a Pigsty, I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now, and To Me You Are a Work of Art. Plus he wrote the B-side Ganglord.

Based on what I've heard so far--with the minor exception of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris--I'm counting on Alain's material to be this new album's saving grace. He and Jerry Finn apparently had a really good working relationship, so I'm hoping that he is more in evidence on the new album. Jesse definitely overdominated the guitar mix on RotT.

Cheers,

Jamie

I'm always interested in hearing your thoughts regarding the band, Jamie. It's always a nice and truthful read.

Do you expect Jesse to continue to have a larger guitar influence on the new record?

Originally Posted by Jamie

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie I agree with you a good deal of what you said but truth be told Paris has a great synth line and I think will make a great recorded track...probably a great b-side though. That being said I wonder when we will start getting official info on the next album

Jamie I agree with you a good deal of what you said but truth be told Paris has a great synth line and I think will make a great recorded track...probably a great b-side though. That being said I wonder when we will start getting official info on the next album

Oh, I don't disagree Ethan. Looking back, I didn't say what I meant with clarity. My point was I feel Paris is the only "quality" track of the batch. But, as with the others, I would like more lyrical meat on the bone (forgive the carnivorous turn of phrase, veggie friends). I can't recall who made this point recently, but, if you are writing a song about Paris, find some way of evoking Paris, something to differentiate it from throwing one's arms around NYC, London, Moscow, Djakarta, what have you. I find him to be in a strictly declamatory mode, which is more "tell" than "show." I keep coming back to the well hoping for the water to taste better, but, alas, thus far that's eluded me. Perhaps Morrissey is yet another writer who is not at their peak when "content?"

To your point, Ethan, I suspect Paris will be a B-side. Perhaps its just because it has a geographical topic, but I get a Mexico feel from it. The horn break is a nice surprise--most often when Boz's clarinet shows up, a tune is more varied and interesting than the "average" Morrissey song.

I think another disservice Morrissey has done to himself is to apparently make Jesse the "go-to" singles guy. Alain has composed some sparkling jewels for Morrissey "45s" as recently as 2004, not to mention the fact that he was writing some insanely hooky material for his Red Lightning project that would turn You Have Killed Me, etc, on their collective ear.

Cheers,

Jamie

Ok and yeah I see what you mean there Jaime in fact I agree with almost all of what you said...except the part on Mr. Tobias. I personally think that while some of his stylings are a bit predictable Jesse has been writing some really catchy stuff from a guitar perspective though truth be told I want more Mike Farrell writings now that would make the next album a new direction. The only person I really dont want writings as much material as he has is Bozz no offense to all of his fans on here but I dont know he has run out of material. And truth be told I dont think Morrissey's lyrics are as uninspired as some claim and besides these are the songs that havent had the polish that comes with time yet I mean he wrote them all while touring and then just put them out on the stage.

Can you tell Jamie's not a fan of Jesse's songwriting? I happen to think Jesse sometimes has one good idea, but a memorable song needs 3 or 4 unique elements to make it stand out (lyrics notwithstanding). On the Streets and In the Future (my favourite two of his of Ringleader) -- Decent main riffs but too simple. This guy's turning in 1st drafts as final drafts.

Recently I like Boz tracks like Christian Dior and The Public Image. Don't forget he wrote some of the best tracks on Vauxhall -- I still think he's able to turn in good music for Moz' more poetic songs.

Nonetheless, we (at least Jamie and I!) await Alain's new material. Morrissey is no dummy -- even though Alain doesn't tour anymore, he'll definitely listen to anything Mr. Whyte comes up with. Alain gave him the music that led to his top 10 hits with Quarry and the stunning centerpiece of Ringleader, Life is a Pigsty not to mention some very memorable b-sides.

Ok and yeah I see what you mean there Jaime in fact I agree with almost all of what you said...except the part on Mr. Tobias. I personally think that while some of his stylings are a bit predictable Jesse has been writing some really catchy stuff from a guitar perspective though truth be told I want more Mike Farrell writings now that would make the next album a new direction. The only person I really dont want writings as much material as he has is Bozz no offense to all of his fans on here but I dont know he has run out of material. And truth be told I dont think Morrissey's lyrics are as uninspired as some claim and besides these are the songs that havent had the polish that comes with time yet I mean he wrote them all while touring and then just put them out on the stage.

See I feel that Tobias tends to add a level of drama to his guitar work thats more appealing than the bulk of Alain's work...with the exception of To Me You are a Work of Art, and Life is a Pigsty...I still think Farrell deserves a fair chance

I'm on tower.com ordering the soundtrack for Sweeny Todd (please I know..I'm a dork..I hate musicals but I can't get Johnny Depp out of my head) and I'm doing my usual Morrissey search to see if there's an old single available that I don't have and they have a listing for the Greatest Hits up TBA for $35.99.
This web site is ALWAYS cheaper than most so this means this cd will be at least $40.00.

Holy shit..I can't wait to see what's making it so much!!!
Availability: This title will be released on February 12, 2008S
SWEEEET

http://www.tower.com/tower_search/search_2.cfm?keywords=morrissey&div_id=2

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom