Updated info on new Studio Album via Wikipedia

I'm on tower.com ordering the soundtrack for Sweeny Todd (please I know..I'm a dork..I hate musicals but I can't get Johnny Depp out of my head) and I'm doing my usual Morrissey search to see if there's an old single available that I don't have and they have a listing for the Greatest Hits up TBA for $35.99.
This web site is ALWAYS cheaper than most so this means this cd will be at least $40.00.

Holy shit..I can't wait to see what's making it so much!!!
Availability: This title will be released on February 12, 2008S
SWEEEET

http://www.tower.com/tower_search/search_2.cfm?keywords=morrissey&div_id=2

Just checked out Amazon, two of the same Greatest Hits covers. One for $16.49 and one for $19.99. Promises 15 tracks!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...as=aps&field-keywords=morrissey+greatest+hits

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
See I feel that Tobias tends to add a level of drama to his guitar work thats more appealing than the bulk of Alain's work...with the exception of To Me You are a Work of Art, and Life is a Pigsty...I still think Farrell deserves a fair chance

Farrell has the most musical talent out of all of them, Morrissey included. Sorry kiddies but pay close attention to what Farrell does and you will note that he pretty much anchors and guides each show.

Can you tell Jamie's not a fan of Jesse's songwriting? I happen to think Jesse sometimes has one good idea, but a memorable song needs 3 or 4 unique elements to make it stand out (lyrics notwithstanding). On the Streets and In the Future (my favourite two of his of Ringleader) -- Decent main riffs but too simple. This guy's turning in 1st drafts as final drafts.

Recently I like Boz tracks like Christian Dior and The Public Image. Don't forget he wrote some of the best tracks on Vauxhall -- I still think he's able to turn in good music for Moz' more poetic songs.

Nonetheless, we (at least Jamie and I!) await Alain's new material. Morrissey is no dummy -- even though Alain doesn't tour anymore, he'll definitely listen to anything Mr. Whyte comes up with. Alain gave him the music that led to his top 10 hits with Quarry and the stunning centerpiece of Ringleader, Life is a Pigsty not to mention some very memorable b-sides.

See, Leer, you hit on something that I feel a lot of people overlook: Alain Whyte is Morrissey's "bread and butter" songwriting-wise. If Alain were to truly leave the scene entirely, I think Morrissey's career would be at least at a serious crossroads if not in some form of jeopardy. He needs Alain's prolific output and, unless he becomes willing to start from "square one," Alain is the best and brightest. Based on present evidence, Jesse Tobias is incapable of supplying the bulk of one album's strong material. Boz has been less prolific and some of his recent material has not been top grade (I Like You, Slum Mums, Noise is the Best Revenge). And I thought Mike Farrell's two contributions were the weakest songs of the entire RotT venture.

I agree with what had been said earlier: Jesse is a good musician, but he is the wrong fit for Morrissey's band. I am more disenchanted by the air of opportunism in his replacing Alain, especially since Alain has mentioned his desire to tour again in 2006. He simply "wasn't asked." If it comes down to his inability to replicate Smiths songs RIFF FOR RIFF, then that is truly sad. In my estimation, that is all Jesse brings to the table that outweighs Alain. Great--he can play concert cymbals. Whoopty-do. He's standing in the way of someone who, thus far, has meant far more for Morrissey's career and has earned a rightful "permanent" place as much as Boz. (And I rarely hear anyone openly clamoring for Boz's replacement...)

But, all criticism of Jesse aside, I maintain a good chunk of the diminishment of the material goes back to Morrissey's apparent lack of engagement in his lyrics. I don't know if it's just because we older fans were spoiled by the richness, variety, bathos, and irony of his past material that the "bare bones" feel of most of the new material doesn't cut it. It just doesn't seem...whole. I give him credit for his observations in All You Need is Me because I am one of those banging their head against the wall about the present. Yet I will always hope for more quality and better turned lyrics.

Cheers,
Jamie

I'm on tower.com ordering the soundtrack for Sweeny Todd (please I know..I'm a dork..I hate musicals but I can't get Johnny Depp out of my head) and I'm doing my usual Morrissey search to see if there's an old single available that I don't have and they have a listing for the Greatest Hits up TBA for $35.99.
This web site is ALWAYS cheaper than most so this means this cd will be at least $40.00.

Holy shit..I can't wait to see what's making it so much!!!
Availability: This title will be released on February 12, 2008S
SWEEEET

http://www.tower.com/tower_search/search_2.cfm?keywords=morrissey&div_id=2

As dumb as this may be - sometimes they list the import before they list the domestic release. That may be the price for the UK stamped release.

Back
Top Bottom