Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland security

Update March 10 - true-to-you.net

Morrissey is presently being treated in San Francisco for "double pneumonia", but remains on course to headline the Vive Latino festival in Mexico City on March 14. Morrissey's show at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will now take place on May 1. His show at Washington's National Theater for April 5 has sold out within eight seconds.

Morrissey has apologized for the "extreme and silly" venue security at Portland's Arlene Schnitzer Theater during his show there (March 8), commenting: "place an obese McDonalds fry-girl into a venue security uniform and she is suddenly Eva Braun."

Re: Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland securit

for his sake, morrissey should postpone the tour until summer. i'm looking forward to the flint show but he needs to get his house of health in order.

Re: Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland securit

"place an obese McDonalds fry-girl into a venue security uniform and she is suddenly Eva Braun."

:lbf:

When he says shit like that it's pretty hard to hate him completely.

On a more serious note, double pneumonia sounds pretty grim. I hope the old f***head gets better soon.

Feel better Moz.

Last edited:

Yeah I heard from someone at the show that security were jerks. Kept trying to put people in front in seats... thus Moz's plea to come closer. And the chick Moz is talking about got hell from Boz and Arturo. At the Hollywood High show they kinda did the same thing b4 the show but Arturo came to the rescue. Gracias Arturo 4 all that you do 4 the irregular regulars & Moz!

Also, there was a point in the Friday night show in Portland that Mozz had kneeled down with his back to the audience. I had a sinking suspicion he was not well. I hope he is feeling better soon. Getting old sucks.

It's a little odd to have "double pneumonia" in quotation marks. Is that the actual diagnosis or someone's description of an ailment?

P.

for his sake, morrissey should postpone the tour until summer. i'm looking forward to the flint show but he needs to get his house of health in order.

Double pneumonia ! Really ! So he's got a cold in other words. The Queen has been shitting through the eye of a needle for Gods sake !

True-to-poo we don't believe anything you say so can you provide doctors sick-notes for future gig truancy please.

Royalty 4 Morrissey 0 points (Get some blue blood Morrissey ffs)

Kate M

It's a little odd to have "double pneumonia" in quotation marks. Is that the actual diagnosis or someone's description of an ailment?

P.

It took a lost weekend in a hotel in Amsterdam ...

Hope he doesn't think it's somehow glamorous/romantic to die on stage, 'cause at this rate . . . Really worried about him.

P.

It's a little odd to me that that is your principal response to this news.

It's a little odd to me that that is your principal response to Uncleskinny's post. After all, anybody who actually had double pneumonia would not be standing on a stage singing songs, or travelling around the country. They'd be in bed. Remember, this is the man who got someone to call him an ambulance when he had a chesty cough in Swindon a couple of years ago.

Why? Either it's true or it's not. If it is double pneumonia, just say it is, rather than put it in quotes. Otherwise one interpretation would be "Oh, it feels like double pneumonia" - "OK, we'll say that then". Incidentally, double pneumonia is very serious.

P.

:(This is terrible news! Poor Moz! Clearly he's not that healthy right now but is determined to continue. I hope he gets the rest he needs and fully recovers. It is a bit odd how he keeps adding dates. Perhaps he keeps thinking he'll be fine, still baffling. I can't believe how great he sounded in these last couple of shows with being so sick.

I think we should give him the bennefit of the doubt thst he would not make something like this up. The quotes are odd, but Morrissey didn't type it(I assume)

Most importantly I hope he gets better and takes the propper rest!

"place an obese McDonalds fry-girl into a venue security uniform and she is suddenly Eva Braun."

:lbf:

When he says shit like that it's pretty hard to hate him completely.

On a more serious note, double pneumonia sounds pretty grim. I hope the old f***head gets better soon.

Haha that's a great quote, Moz is a funny f***er when he wants to be!

Why? Either it's true or it's not. If it is double pneumonia, just say it is, rather than put it in quotes. Otherwise one interpretation would be "Oh, it feels like double pneumonia" - "OK, we'll say that then". Incidentally, double pneumonia is very serious.

P.

Sheesh....double paranoia with your Skinny latte this morning Unc?! Clearly, as good old mr. anonymous pointed out, it's a secret message to Lloyd Cole.

I am somewhat aware that double pneumonia is very serious (but thanks for pointing that out doc). The question of quotes should be the entirely 'incidental' point here, not the seriousness of Morrissey's condition.

P.

I agree, unless it's some pretty good doctors that can cure double pneumonia in 4 days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom