Upcoming Record Collector Smiths special (release April 21, 2022)

Apologies if this has been previously posted...

Record Collector Presents ... The Smiths

In this special bookazine on The Smiths, we celebrate the legendary Manchester band who, between their formation in 1982 and split in 1987, changed the face of “indie” music. We feature exclusive interviews with former members of the band, including a lengthy encounter with Johnny Marr, we re-review all the Smiths albums, there are features on their feted artwork, and articles on their fans and collectors, a notoriously hardcore breed.

Release date: 21 April
Pre-orders dispatched: 19 April

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey must be pissed that the only magazine cover he can get is one where he is standing next to the hated Marr and Joyce. :gun:

I miss the days of buying Record Collector to try to find old Smiths singles on vinyl and CD5 that I couldn't find locally.

I one time took a chance on an ad for This Charming Man 7". I really want to hear Jeane but couldn't find it. There was a French record shop and they wanted to be paid in francs. I went to the bank and convert some dollars to francs and put the cash in the envelope (probably around $20 back in 1990) and hoped for the best.

About two weeks later I got my first ever "Par Avion" labeled package.

That's outrageous. They sent you a Roxy Music record?

Morrissey must be pissed that the only magazine cover he can get is one where he is standing next to the hated Marr and Joyce. :gun:
Yes and I think he has only himself to blame. He could appear on the cover of any magazine if he agreed to an proper, recorded face to face interview. Nowadays it seems he will only (unless its his nephew) be "interviewed" by means of an email Q & A and is probably able to ignore the questions he doesn't like. No credible music mag or journalist would indulge this.

Yes and I think he has only himself to blame. He could appear on the cover of any magazine if he agreed to an proper, recorded face to face interview. Nowadays it seems he will only (unless its his nephew) be "interviewed" by means of an email Q & A and is probably able to ignore the questions he doesn't like.

No credible music mag or journalist would indulge this.

Now if we could only find a credible music mag or journalist.

Now if we could only find a credible music mag or journalist.
I think the same thing. And if Moz doesn't want to give notes, that's fine, he doesn't trust journalists and how well he does!!!! I'm glad he even talks to his nephew, although I think it's time for a photo of moz today! Moz publishes something new that we want to see you!!!!

Record Collector Magazine has done a special on The Smiths.

I was expecting it just to be a feature so it's nice to see that it's got some kind of special edition. I haven't seen the issue myself yet but in my experience, they do some good research so it's likely worth a look. I contributed to the bootleg section. Seems like there's some information on the contents of Morrissey's bathroom cabinet - worth £10 of anyone's money.

You can buy a copy here.

Official tweet here.

The Smiths cover.jpg

Yes and I think he has only himself to blame. He could appear on the cover of any magazine if he agreed to an proper, recorded face to face interview. Nowadays it seems he will only (unless its his nephew) be "interviewed" by means of an email Q & A and is probably able to ignore the questions he doesn't like. No credible music mag or journalist would indulge this.

They would indulge it. But you can't even get a statement from a spokesperson these days.

I saw the magazine in W H Smith today and couldn't resist. I haven't found anything very interesting in it so far though.

10 british pounds,i will be surprised if there is anything new in this.
10 quid could buy you.
a fish supper from the local chippie.
video game dlc from the local game shop.
a returned vibrator from the local sex shop.

I bought this during my travels at daft o'clock this morning.
I will endeavour to do some image to text bits from features when home later.
It is described as a bookazine, in reality it's a magazine and lesser in size than usual RC's.
Note: it's £9 in store - so worth buying in person as cheaper.
Unfortunately, as it's not a digital release yet (ever?), phone photos and Google lens will have to suffice (apart from the people featured getting digital copies of their pages).
Regards,
FWD.

I wonder why Morrissey is never interviewed in these types of things. I would love to hear his current take on some of these recordings.

I don't think Morrissey actually likes The Smiths that much these days - he's always saying how superior his solo work is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom