Upcoming Record Collector Smiths special (release April 21, 2022)

Apologies if this has been previously posted...

Record Collector Presents ... The Smiths

In this special bookazine on The Smiths, we celebrate the legendary Manchester band who, between their formation in 1982 and split in 1987, changed the face of “indie” music. We feature exclusive interviews with former members of the band, including a lengthy encounter with Johnny Marr, we re-review all the Smiths albums, there are features on their feted artwork, and articles on their fans and collectors, a notoriously hardcore breed.

Release date: 21 April
Pre-orders dispatched: 19 April

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, they were a very handsome group. That's the best picture they could find? They butchered the Mozzer's hair too.
I'm not talking about the picture of the band, I'm talking about everything else. It's f***ing ugly.

andy rourke speaks,you dont say.

I must be getting old. It seems like Record Collector publishes this Smiths Special every 5 years.

As much as I still adore them, does anyone else think that The Smiths cow has been well & truly milked?
I get what you are saying, but by the same token you could say the same about The Beatles or any 'legacy' band that keeps getting magazine coverage. Vinyl buying is something of a fad for the current generation of trendy youngsters, so I expect I large audience for this will be folks in their early 20's who are delving into the band's expanded catalogue for the first time. Unlike us, they won't be jaded by having heard every possible story about the Smiths 500 times before over the past few decades, so to them this will all be new.

I think the cover is quite cool in an OTT smack-you-in-the-face kind of way.

Interested to see what Doherty's favourite song is although odds-on it will be Jeane.

I miss the days of buying Record Collector to try to find old Smiths singles on vinyl and CD5 that I couldn't find locally.

I one time took a chance on an ad for This Charming Man 7". I really want to hear Jeane but couldn't find it. There was a French record shop and they wanted to be paid in francs. I went to the bank and convert some dollars to francs and put the cash in the envelope (probably around $20 back in 1990) and hoped for the best.

About two weeks later I got my first ever "Par Avion" labeled package.

Record Collector left me with many good memories and yet I haven't thought about it for probably 25 years.

this will be 95% a rehash of stuff we have read before,we all know billy bawbag braggs favourite song is back to the old house,unless he has changed it to london then it will be the same old mince we have read before.
joan as police woman,never heard of her music but she has so many looks,very nice.

Apologies if this has been previously posted...

Record Collector Presents ... The Smiths

In this special bookazine on The Smiths, we celebrate the legendary Manchester band who, between their formation in 1982 and split in 1987, changed the face of “indie” music. We feature exclusive interviews with former members of the band, including a lengthy encounter with Johnny Marr, we re-review all the Smiths albums, there are features on their feted artwork, and articles on their fans and collectors, a notoriously hardcore breed.

Release date: 21 April
Pre-orders dispatched: 19 April

full
I for one would like to get this. I've never read an interview by Andy or Mike and a recent one would be very interesting.

This looks pretty good, but I ain't to sure how exclusive a
Johnny interview is these days.
The guy goes on amateur podcasts.
Well this will give poor abused Johnny amother chance to "defend himself" from his (ringleader of the) tormentor....the wicked Morrissey. Tell us again for the 432nd time Johnny, you tragic butterfly.

Hand in Glove negative sleeve :rock::rock::rock::rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom