Upcoming Record Collector Smiths special (release April 21, 2022)

Apologies if this has been previously posted...

Record Collector Presents ... The Smiths

In this special bookazine on The Smiths, we celebrate the legendary Manchester band who, between their formation in 1982 and split in 1987, changed the face of “indie” music. We feature exclusive interviews with former members of the band, including a lengthy encounter with Johnny Marr, we re-review all the Smiths albums, there are features on their feted artwork, and articles on their fans and collectors, a notoriously hardcore breed.

Release date: 21 April
Pre-orders dispatched: 19 April

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has been previously posted...

It hasn't really as such - just a pre-publication request for collectors to help with an article in said:

Regards,
FWD.

I'm glad, they were able to get Johnny on for some informed commentary on the musical career of The Smiths.

Let's be honest now.
They were givin' Johnny the chance.

Have you ever listened to a podcast with Johnny? He's a fascinating guest.

This one where he talks about the early days of punk and especially about Pete Shelley and Sid Vicious is really interesting.

As much as I still adore them, does anyone else think that The Smiths cow has been well & truly milked? And yes, I will purchase Record Collector. Often wonder how they would have sounded if they had longevity of U2, for example. Guess they were of their time & place, leaving biscuit tins of memories.

As much as I still adore them, does anyone else think that The Smiths cow has been well & truly milked? And yes, I will purchase Record Collector. Often wonder how they would have sounded if they had longevity of U2, for example. Guess they were of their time & place, leaving biscuit tins of memories.
The fact that you (and many others) will buy it is why they continue to milk the cow.

Have you ever listened to a podcast with Johnny? He's a fascinating guest.

This one where he talks about the early days of punk and especially about Pete Shelley and Sid Vicious is really interesting.

Yeah, Turned Out A Punk is a great podcast.
Johnny talked about how he really loved The Only Ones.
Another podcast another chance for Johnny.

Why is skinny helping to promote a magazine about a racist?

It hasn't really as such - just a pre-publication request for collectors to help with an article in said:

Regards,
FWD.

I'm really curious about the Andy Rourke interview. I'm guessing this would be a new interview?

Well, U2 only put out essential work for about 10 years, so not terribly much longer than the life of the Smiths. Their last 30 years have been pretty insignificant.

'FIND OUT WHAT'S IN MORRISSEY'S BATHROOM CABINET' - in the present?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom