Unplayed / "One-off" Live Tracks

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live-moz-stats.htm

And by "one-off" let's say... less than ten times performed live.

Of these:

Pashernate Love - 9
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby - 9
(I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 7
Drive-In Saturday - 7
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me - 7
Redondo Beach - 7
You Say You Don't Love Me - 7
Friday Mourning - 6
Vicar In A Tutu - 6
Good Looking Man About Town - 4
Nowhere Fast - 4
Used To Be a Sweet Boy - 4
What She Said (with Rubber Ring outro) - 4
America Is Not The World - 3
Moon Over Kentucky - 3
Come Back To Camden - 2 (on 30 July+8 August 2011)
Nothing Rhymed - 2 (on 2+3 October 2002)
Street Life - 2 (on 8+10 August 2006)
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel - 2 (on 5+6 October 1999)
Art-hounds - 1 (on 7 August 2011)
At Amber - 1 (on 9 August 2002)
Heir Apparent - 1 (on 1 February 2000)
I'm Playing Easy To Get - 1 (on 12 November 2004)
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore - 1 (on 14 March 2009)
Let The Right One Slip In - 1 (on 25 November 1992)
Sweet And Tender Hooligan - 1 (on 22 December 1988)

What would you like to see more of, or repeated? Or to make its debut?

Given that Ammunition is my favorite Moz track I'd love to finally see it make its live debut one of these days. Also wouldn't mind Camden and Birthday Anymore thrown back into the mix.

Nah don't think so.

I'd love to hear "Barbarism Begins at Home", but sadly I think there's more chance of an avalanche in Hell. At least until the inevitable Marr reunion.

Well, in terms of the little or never played I'd like to see:

Nowhere Fast - 4
Ammunition
I Know Very Well How I Got My Name
Interlude
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
My Dearest Love
You Should Have Been Nice To Me

Plus:
Half A Person (missing from the above list?)
Well I Wonder
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
I Won't Share You
Reel Around The Fountain
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

I don't think this touring band is near funky enough to pull it off properly. Though the thought of a Moz/Boz dance off does bring me great delight.

I'd love to hear "Barbarism Begins at Home", but sadly I think there's more chance of an avalanche in Hell. At least until the inevitable Marr reunion.

I don't think this touring band is near funky enough to pull it off properly. Though the thought of a Moz/Boz dance off does bring me great delight.

I don't think the band could pull it of either - that's probably why Moz has never played it solo. The dancing would be hilarious. Though it could never beat:

:guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Half A Person" was played on just about every date of the 2000 tour, so it would exceed the "under 10" threshold.

Thanks. I missed it on the concert lists and thought it had been played far less than 35 times. Still mightily under-played live though.

Is Sorrow Will Come in the End so disliked that people don't even proffer it as a request?

Really think he should do My Dearest Love. It's surely one of the better liked songs of recent years (and would've definitely given Years another dimension had it been an album track).
Following that, another attempt at It's Not My Birthday would be nice. Only once ever? Couldn't find any comments in the tour section on how it sounded, and no Youtube footage.

Is Sorrow Will Come in the End so disliked that people don't even proffer it as a request?

Really think he should do My Dearest Love. It's surely one of the better liked songs of recent years (and would've definitely given Years another dimension had it been an album track).
Following that, another attempt at It's Not My Birthday would be nice. Only once ever? Couldn't find any comments in the tour section on how it sounded, and no Youtube footage.

"Sorrow Will Come in the End" is really childish rant which only has a negative novelty value.

According to an absent user Not Right in the Head who recorded "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" in Washington DC gig, Morrissey was struggling the high notes due to earlier illness.

Last edited:
Of the "nevers," I'd like to see "Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning." Of the "rarely," it would be nice if he brought back more of the early singles/B-sides and "Your Arsenal" material, e.g., "Suedehead," "Interesting Drug," "He Knows I'd Love To See Him," "Girl Least Likely To," "Glamorous Glue" (which seems like it would fall in the current line-up's sweet spot), and "Certain People I Know." Revisiting "A Swallow On My Neck," "Have-a-Go Merchant," "Nobody Loves Us," and "The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils" would be welcome, too.

It seems like a good chunk of the material from 1988-1994 has been disavowed - or only brief peeks-in are allowed every so often. Meanwhile, "Everyday Is Like Sunday" and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" have been overexposed to repeat concert attendees, in my opinion.

Well, in terms of the little or never played I'd like to see:

Nowhere Fast - 4
Ammunition
I Know Very Well How I Got My Name
Interlude
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
My Dearest Love
You Should Have Been Nice To Me

Plus:
Half A Person (missing from the above list?)
Well I Wonder
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
I Won't Share You
Reel Around The Fountain
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

Good thread - I didn't realise he'd ever played 'The Edges'.
Also, I think we've missed 'The Never Played Symphonies' which he played once in 2004 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vOnZuWdhBY). Pretty good version of a great song - odd that he dropped it straight away.

Good thread - I didn't realise he'd ever played 'The Edges'.
Also, I think we've missed 'The Never Played Symphonies' which he played once in 2004 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vOnZuWdhBY). Pretty good version of a great song - odd that he dropped it straight away.

Nice version. Thanks for sharing. It was also done a few times later in the 2004 tour on the West Coast. Pretty sure I saw it done at the Universal Amphitheater in LA.

Wow, didn't notice Camden had been played live. I believe that means that Arsenal, Quarry and Ringleader are the three albums to have all album tracks played live.

I did see both Street Life (Oslo August 6 2006) and Art-hounds at Brixton. Still remember his frown after seeing the crowds reaction to Street life at the Øya-festival. Don't think he'll ever do that again!. The Norwegian state television did broadcast the show, so there should be a good version of it out there somewhere.

How many Smiths songs have never been played live by either The Smiths or Morrissey in his solo career? I can't keep track anymore.

And by "one-off" let's say... less than ten times performed live.

Of these:

Pashernate Love - 9
(I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 7
Drive-In Saturday - 7
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me - 7
Redondo Beach - 7
You Say You Don't Love Me - 7
Friday Mourning - 6
Vicar In A Tutu - 6
Good Looking Man About Town - 4
Nowhere Fast - 4
Used To Be a Sweet Boy - 4
What She Said (with Rubber Ring outro) - 4
America Is Not The World - 3
Moon Over Kentucky - 3
Nothing Rhymed - 2 (on 2+3 October 2002)
Street Life - 2 (on 8+10 August 2006)
At Amber - 1 (on 9 August 2002)
I'm Playing Easy To Get - 1 (on 12 November 2004)
Let The Right One Slip In - 1 (on 25 November 1992)

What would you like to see more of, or repeated? Or to make its debut?

Given that Ammunition is my favorite Moz track I'd love to finally see it make its live debut one of these days. Also wouldn't mind Camden and Birthday Anymore thrown back into the mix.

what she said/nowhere fast

maybe it's time to put ' now my heart is full' on the upcoming shows, as ' Alma Matters' has to stay

pregnant for the last time

cemetery gates

that'll be nice , cause I think Morrissey will play the same songs as USA /Europe 2011

Back
Top Bottom