Unloading my (modest) vault of Smiths/Morrissey unreleased versions

I thank you so much for all of these new additions. I cannot wait to see what other gems you are going to share in the coming days.

Which makes me wonder: How many unreleased studio versions of Smiths songs are there? My guess: lots.

Unfortunately, there are/were probably more than we'll ever know about.

I can picture Morrissey not being happy with a certain mix of a song and having the guys rerecord. Hopefully one day they'll surface.

I wonder if any Marr songs were written and not used that were just lying around.

Im wondering if there any unreleased songs that will come out of this. I wont complain though these demos are great as well.

Holy Shit! Thank you so much for these. I have only had time to download one so far - would some kind soul be able to lump them together into one download before the links expire?

Many Thanks,

Peter

This is great, thank you!

This thread has my Seal of Approval:

seal.png

I think it's about time we put all these songs in order and put them all together, in one nice long compilation.

I have lots of unreleased stuff here, which I'm sure you all do as well, but they're all disorganized since I got them from different sources.

So if you guys are willing to help, I can put a list of what I have, then you send me whatever you have that is not on my list. Then I put everything together with some simple artwork and then we all rejoice and dance uncontrollably.

Who's with me?

Last edited:
You will forever be my hero after this. Thank you, in particular, ever so much for the two Cherokee Session songs that I was missing. You are a star.

Hi all,

I've been on Morrissey-Solo since the beginning and have been privy to a modest number of alternate versions of Smiths & Morrissey tracks over the years. I shared a couple of them five years back (Irish Blood demo & Let Me Kiss You demo), in the hopes that others would follow suit. While I don't think my gesture precipitated this recent windfall of unreleased tracks: the Viva Hate and Vauxhall outtakes, the tracks from Mr. Reynolds, the Revelation EP, etc., perhaps it'll help keep them flowing.

After hearing just how good "Lifeguard on Duty" is, twenty years after its recording, I'm motivated to stop hoarding and start sharing!

I'll stop in once a day and add a new track. It'll take about a week to post them all.

Cheers.

Thank you very much indeed for your kindness.
More than appreciated.
FWD

This is great, thank you!

This thread has my Seal of Approval:

seal.png

I think it's about time we put all these songs in order and put them all together, in one nice long compilation.

I have lots of unreleased stuff here, which I'm sure you all do as well, but they're all disorganized since I got them from different sources.

So if you guys are willing to help, I can put a list of what I have, then you send me whatever you have that is not on my list. Then I put everything together with some simple artwork and then we all rejoice and dance uncontrollably.

Who's with me?

I'm with you on this. there's so much disparate stuff knocking about it's about time we had a definitive list. Stefan Krix does a good job on his site, but there's just too much flying about that it needs to be brought together.

By the way, will a kind soul zip all these up as one download?

Cheers,

Peter

omg - thankyou

You absoulte beauty! Thank you so much.

I Never thought ANY Smiths demos would surface. these are like golddust to me.

Thanks again for yor kindness. :guitar: :horny: :D

thank you very much GRLMOPZ

awesome day for Moz Solo'ers

Hope more will follow suit

You will forever be my hero after this. Thank you, in particular, ever so much for the two Cherokee Session songs that I was missing. You are a star.

Are you implying you have the Teenage Dad on his Estate demo - from the same session?

Care to share?

Tags
brilliant
Back
Top Bottom