Unloading my (modest) vault of Smiths/Morrissey unreleased versions

Well, the way I see it there should be:
1. Viva Hate outtakes
2. Bona / Kill Uncle / Arsenal outtakes
3. Vauxhall monitor mixes
4. Mirival sessions (there are about 10 tracks out there, not just the 2 unreleased) / Southpaw outtakes
5. Cherokee session (pre-YATQ)
6. Post-YATQ (w/ I'm Playing Easy To Get from Janice Long session) / Ringleader demos

Yeah, I think Flax and I are going to try and do this properly album by album.

So there might be a short wait, but everything we have between us is coming shortly. We're going to try and get cracking right away, so if anyone has any last minute treats they want to release to the fans....we're not wanting to steal your credit, just to keep everything nice and together for the first time (ever?).

As for Ringleader, only things I have are the fan string mix of 'Dear God...' and Mikey's unofficial 'Sweetie Pie'. Anyone care to add?

(Cossy's compilation is brilliant - and won't be too different to ours. We're just gonna try and make it a bit more organised, losing all the official b-sides and keep it down to rarities only)

Last edited:
Ringleader demos? Did I miss these or are they so forgettable that I....erm.....forgot?

I have Ganglord Demo. Its an instrumental called Get back to the Ghetto. I could dig it out tomorrow

Many thanks for sharing those gems:thumb:

I put together this compilation ages ago which may help some people

B-sides and Unreleased

1.Honey you know where to find me
2.I Know Very Well How I got My Name
3.I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong
4.Stay as you are(HOAX)
5.Children In Pieces
6.November The 2nd
7.Nothing Rhymed
8. Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness Moz version
9.Kit (Boz Boorer)
10.There Speaks A True Friend
11.East West
12.You Must Please Remember
13.Laughing Anne
14.Untitled instrumental 1
15.Untitled instrumental 2
16.Get Off The Stage
17.Jack The Ripper (studio)
18.You've Had Her
19.Journalists Who Lie
20.Oh Well I'll Never Learn
21.Skin Storm
22.Sorrow Will Come In The End
23.Tony The Pony
24.Heir Apparent
25.I Can Have Both
26.Lost
27.The Edges Are No Londer Parralel
28.This Is not Your Country
29.Now I Am A Was
30.Irish Blood English Heart Demo
31.The Public Image
32.Slum Mums
33.Interlude (moz only)
34.Reader Meet Author rough take
35.Boy Racer instrumental

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFLP23DB

cossy

Many thanks.:D

:eek: Mozmal is speechless - thank you so much!

Grlmpoz - these must be an indirect gift to the site from Morrissey, you simply don't just have these gems lying around.

Last edited:
The Smiths stuff is priceless. Surely, this stuff and no doubt much more is sitting in a vault somewhere just begging to be released. Grrrrrrr. Rubber Ring is mesmerising. Great upload, thanks:thumb:

Very interesting -- the LMKY demo -- it sounds extremely similar to the Nancy Sinatra version. Mozzer must have just gave that to her and let her put HER vocals atop it. Very intriguing.

The horns in the 'Frankly, Mr. Shankly' version make it sound almost like something off of 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band' :o

And the rest goes without saying, thank you VERY much, kind soul :)

it sounds like Penny Lane.

Oh gosh, thank you so much! You are a very good man :D

thread of the year... thank you!

Grlmpoz - these must be an indirect gift to the site from Morrissey, you simply don't just have these gems lying around.

Gift to this site from Morrissey? No way, Pedro.

There are probably dozens of people out there who have stuff worth sharing. Most probably don't post on here at all and don't realise we want it, those who do just like being selfish and having something 'we' don't. Which is why we should be particularly grateful to the guy who released this stuff.

This is an amazing thread and thank you for everybody uploading this stuff!

Today is the first time I've heard "Stay as You Are." It sounds like there are lyrics, but they are incredibly quiet. I can't make out any word properly, can anybody verify what the sound is?

-Lucas

I used to have a fake unreleased Moz song... something like "Ruin it All" or something like that. I can't find it and was wondering if anybody even knows what I'm talking about, and if so, if you have a copy. It was a fun song.

Also, does anybody have a copy of the fake "Melanie?"

-Lucas

Even though its confirmed fake, the vocals in Stay as you are sound incredibly Moz like, so they've either got a hell of an impersonator or they've fiddled with vocals from another moz song .. which i doubt

I actually managed to find that fake Moz song I was referring to in my last post. I downloaded it in like 2004; some girl was hosting it on her personal site claiming it to be an unreleased Moz track. I figured I'd share in the interest of promoting this thread.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQDQ7NZL

-Lucas

Stay As You Are - I sent the song to Boz a few years ago - he said he recognised the name, but not the tune, hence he called it a 'spoof'. I've often thought that the song sounds like the Dream Academy. In any case - it's a very nice chord progression - Am...Em...Dm...Am...C...G...A#...F...repeat.

Peter

Tags
brilliant
Back
Top Bottom