Unloading my (modest) vault of Smiths/Morrissey unreleased versions

I agree with Flax's comments about putting all the studio out takes and demos together, properly labelling them, and for him to put together some artwork (I think he volunteered for it :) ) It gets my seal of approval ;) - should this be the topic of a separate thread?

I was going to do this tonight/tomorrow if anyone is really interested?

Revelation - The LP
Revelation 2 - The remaining stuff pre-Quarry/stuff missing from the LP
Revelation 3 - Quarry to now.
Miraval Sessions - Only two, but this could be added to over time.
Cherokee Sessions - Three available songs, with more to hopefully be added.

I'd probably keep it strictly demo/out-take/one-off radio sessions. I'm not madly keen on ultra low quality live versions for the sake of completion.
It wouldn't be anything new, just stuff that's available elsewhere on this site collected together without other live versions/commercially available b-sides.

Tell me if yu fancy it and I'll put it up tonight.

Revelation - The LP

I'd probably keep it strictly demo/out-take/one-off radio sessions. I'm not madly keen on ultra low quality live versions for the sake of completion.
It wouldn't be anything new, just stuff that's available elsewhere on this site collected together without other live versions/commercially available b-sides.

omg, that would be great, absolutely great!!

Sounds great and really good of you to offer. Would be great to have all rarities in some order. Thanks to everyone who has contributed over the last couple of days. Thanks again Dizzywhore for offering to do this.

as I am a silly new member, but a terribly old fan. I feel that the least I can do is offer my small but sweet little collection of rarities that have excited me over the years. I have a few which may or may not be interesting enough. I admit I did love Nancy Sinatra doing "Let me kiss you" with Moz doing the backing vocals which is one I can put up as well as a whatever I have left :) I know many already have most things but I would be happiest to share so everyone has at least what I have . As well as I would like to say hello to all here and thank you for letting me into such a lovely world :)

I agree with Flax's comments about putting all the studio out takes and demos together, properly labelling them

I also agree. There are so many versions of various outtakes out there that I can't really tell which ones are which. Some of them are the same versions but in different quality, and I'm not always sure which one is the more original version or if maybe one is a fan-remaster. I think we should compile a definite, not fan-remastered collection of unreleased stuff!

as I am a silly new member, but a terribly old fan. I feel that the least I can do is offer my small but sweet little collection of rarities that have excited me over the years. I have a few which may or may not be interesting enough. I admit I did love Nancy Sinatra doing "Let me kiss you" with Moz doing the backing vocals which is one I can put up as well as a whatever I have left :) I know many already have most things but I would be happiest to share so everyone has at least what I have . As well as I would like to say hello to all here and thank you for letting me into such a lovely world :)

Well thank you very much. Granted how much Quarry-era material is now surfacing I wonder if the elusive Home is a Question Mark is next.

@ Dizzy Whore 1804

Yes Please!

Dave

Sounds like a great idea Dizzy! Would be really nice to have it all in one place.

Revelation - The LP

Revelation - The LP

Tell me if yu fancy it and I'll put it up tonight.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great. I am quite curious what will be on Revelation 3.

Revelation - The LP

I'd love it.

Revelation - The LP

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let me just stress the stuff that is in bold above. I'm not going to be revealing anything that is new to this site - just putting it together in a more manageable chunk.

Hey Dizzy, I PM'd you!

Thank you! May a thousand suns shine down upon you, et cetera. :)

Revelation - The LP

Well, the way I see it there should be:
1. Viva Hate outtakes
2. Bona / Kill Uncle / Arsenal outtakes
3. Vauxhall monitor mixes
4. Mirival sessions (there are about 10 tracks out there, not just the 2 unreleased) / Southpaw outtakes
5. Cherokee session (pre-YATQ)
6. Post-YATQ (w/ I'm Playing Easy To Get from Janice Long session) / Ringleader demos

Many thanks for sharing those gems:thumb:

I put together this compilation ages ago which may help some people

B-sides and Unreleased

1.Honey you know where to find me
2.I Know Very Well How I got My Name
3.I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong
4.Stay as you are(HOAX)
5.Children In Pieces
6.November The 2nd
7.Nothing Rhymed
8. Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness Moz version
9.Kit (Boz Boorer)