Unhappy Valentines Day

If you're not personally against gun ownership, but are opposed to the arguments made for gun ownership?
So you'd like better arguments or you're going to write another essay?

I'm not for gun ownership but I accept that considering where you're at abolition isn't the answer. Feel free to counter any points in the 'essay' if dismissing isn't all you have. Or later points like how being 51 times more likely to die at a the hands of a gun makes you safer.

No takers on writing something, huh?

I got this...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Valentines Day sucks
and so do you

Ok Stephen, want to do that again?

I'll put forth:

Love, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
And Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

And Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Welcome Aboard. It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Unoriginal, but still as true today as when I heard it for the first time on the lido deck of the Love Boat. :D

If I am I would hardly be the one to judge.
Shame about your response though.
I was hoping we could remain friends.

I'll put forth:

Love, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
And Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

And Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Welcome Aboard. It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Unoriginal, but still as true today as when I heard it for the first time on the lido deck of the Love Boat. :D

But love IS just a miserable lie. As Moz said.
And love is what you feel for a young puppy as Johnny Rotten said.

It’s a disease, a trick by nature, you can’t escape and leaving you truly dissapointed for the rest of your life.

Now if you are an artist, a writer, a poet and you want to be that artist, that writer and poet you have the option to stare that fact in the face, to be brave and confront it, as you should and write, sing or shout about it and expressing it.

Or you could accept it, buy a nice dvd Blu-ray player, collect all the things in music or films that you like, have Netflix, get lost on the internet, have a nicely filled refrigerator (mainly booze) and stay inside your own personal safe warm Lancashire home.
Like in a way many people have one.
Just as Moz has.

The fact he is still very much engaged in that specific Moz way, personal and artistically, as they are both the same thing, he released a great album and his life shows are f***ing great and attracts a wide audience,
means he has some stamina.
Boy, does he have some stamina.
He won’t give in.
He will fight til the last breath.
;):squiffy::brows:

It’s a disease, a trick by nature, you can’t escape and leaving you truly dissapointed for the rest of your life.

Now if you are an artist, a writer, a poet and you want to be that artist, that writer and poet you have the option to stare that fact in the face, to be brave and confront it, as you should and write, sing or shout about it and expressing it.

Or you could accept it, buy a nice dvd Blu-ray player, collect all the things in music or films that you like, have Netflix, get lost on the internet, have a nicely filled refrigerator (mainly booze) and stay inside your own personal safe warm Lancashire home.
Just as Moz has.

The fact he is still very much engaged in that specific Moz way, personal and artistically, as they are both the same thing, he released a great album and his life shows are f***ing great and attracts a wide audience,
He won’t give in.

How bitter that sounds and of course love exists and is real during the time it is a fact. Some seem to believe that only the things that lasts forever count. With your view on it you will not enjoy anything in life and not even the good things you once had such as love in the past. Robbed of life and smarting from it.

Hello Quando, long time no write. Love is anything but a miserable lie. In fact, it is the only one true thing that helps to make this world a livable place. I remember in a movie or something a mention that love is not a skill, but rather an ability. I think it was from the movie Dan in Real Life, which I highly recommend. Some people like Moz and most likely myself are not blessed with this ability.

Far from a disease love is a cure or more a salve to help with life's struggles and disappointments, but it also adds so much to the joys that one can experience when you let someone else into your life. How do I know this? Simply from reading posts here from Charlie and KS and No. 1 Uno who I can tell are well blessed with love in their lives.

More than loving, the feeling you get from being loved is so much more powerful. It seems to me that narcissists have the most difficulty accepting true love, unwilling and finding unnecessary the need to pull open the curtains to the heart to let love in mostly because deep down they don't feel worthy of love somehow. These themes run all through his music and what drew me to him when I was young. Very unhealthy this. Like someone who can enjoy a drink now and then and others who can't seem to push the bottle away.

To try and pattern your thought process or form your own thoughts and views towards love through the lens of Morrissey's lyrics is folly, and turned out to be quite destructive to my own happiness. Take what he says with a grain of salt and your own heart would be better served. Sea salt of course due to the high sodium count in regular salt. :)

EDIT: And as I am assuming this persona Corinthians 13 comes to mind:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

But dwelling in one's own misery holds a place in my heart too. I was crucified after all! ;)

Last edited:

Just as Moz has.

He won’t give in.
Hey QQQ,
You are ofcourse totally correct.
People bang on about love when it actually means nothing.
Everyone has their own idea of what it is and it ends up meaning anything and nothing.
What the world actually needs is more mutual respect.
As the great Kurt Vonnegut said, " a little less love and a bit more common decency".

Back
Top Bottom