Uncut Special

Is this Uncut out now in the UK???

Just so Grief can borrow it and not give it back. Again.

I think he knocks one out over the pictures of Mike Joyce personally. But what do I know?

Pedantic me

Just had a good read in Asda - will buy at the weekend as going on long train journey!
2 errors, first it says that after Simon Wolstencroft left as drummer, Mike Joyce joined Morrissey, Johnny and Andy. Andy joined after the first gig.
It then listed the festival in Italy in 1987 as The Smiths last live performance. They mimed, the last live performance (as a gig, not on TV) was of course Brixton Academy December 86.

Jukebox Jury

So we've had the NME Smiths special, the Q Smiths special, the Q Manchester special including a section on The Smiths.
Is their really anything left to be said that hasn't been said?

Jukebox Jury
Q Smiths Special? :confused: Which issue was that?

Mmm, she's the poster girrrl these days I think- they probably thought one overweight, feisty lesbian would be as much as their readership could handle!
Thank our lucky stars they didn't ask Lily Allen. But surely Sandie Shaw could've coughed up a quote?
Oh, no, we've had enough of Sandie quotes, with her autobiography and interview in Southbank Show and that 'boy bands girl bands' thing etc. Let's have someone else please.

I admit I don't know who Beth Ditto is, am I supposed to?

I went into One Stop (conveniance store thing in England) to buy a twix and some flying saucers when I stumbled across this issue of Uncut. Havent got round to reading it yet but looks quite in depth when I had a flick through.

If it is the March edition, as it says on the front, why is it on the shelves now? :confused:

If it is the March edition, as it says on the front, why is it on the shelves now? :confused:

All monthly magazines do this - of dating issues a month in advance.
If you walk into a shop, say the 23rd of a month and see a magazine dated that month, you will assume it has been out 3 weeks and therefore the info contained is old news.
Therefore a magazine dated the following month will always appear to be 'fresh' whenever it is bought within the month prior to its release date. A simple and effective marketing ploy.

Jukebox Jury

As I work in the Media industry I thought I would share with you that Uncut Magazine is doing a Smiths special next issue.

It's out next week.

I've heard it will be quite good. But I suspect it'll be the same old... I havent had a chance to get my grubby trotters on it yet.

As I work in the Fruit industry I thought I would share with you that Tesco is doing a Banana special next month.

I'm out next week.

I've heard it will be quite good. But I suspect it'll be the same old.... I haven't had a chance to get my grubby trotters on them yet.

Back
Top Bottom