Uncut Magazine (March 2015) - "Meat Is Murder" 30 Year Anniversary Special

Re: New Uncut Magazine - Meat Is Murder 30 Year Anniversary

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up, Uncleskinny. I look forward to reading it - I was hoping one of the monthlies would remember it was the 30th anniversary of 'Meat Is Murder'.

Re: March 2015 Uncut Magazine - Meat Is Murder 30 Year Anniversary

Don't want to post a load of stuff, so here's a snippet...

IgTSjCS.jpg

P.

:rofl:

how cute and childish :rofl:

Does anyone know who is support for the 6 british dates around march 2015?

I've just re-read the article, and found a really cute bit that I'd missed before:

"Rough Trade's Richard Boon, meanwhile, had first met Morrissey while running Manchester's New Hormones label: 'He sent me a cassette of him singing, saying "I have to whisper because my mum's next door." It had an early version of Reel Around The Fountain'.'"

P.

I've just re-read the article, and found a really cute bit that I'd missed before:

"Rough Trade's Richard Boon, meanwhile, had first met Morrissey while running Manchester's New Hormones label: 'He sent me a cassette of him singing, saying "I have to whisper because my mum's next door." It had an early version of Reel Around The Fountain'.'"

P.

I remember reading that Boon quote yonks back. Cute indeed.

It would be nice though if someone could ask Boon if he still has it, more details, etc. Like was it just a vocal take, or was there musical backing too? If so, did SPM write that music? Other lyrics, other songs?

Obviously if Boon still had it he could sell it for a mint. Am I right in thinking that there would be no copyright on that material? Alternatively he could put it online and share withall. But unlikely, as he seems like a decent bloke. And an associate of Linder too. So would be unwilling to incur Moz's undoubted displeasure at such an act.

Also, seems lacking in feasibility that New Hormones were the only label Morrissey tried his luck with. One would have thought there would have been a few copies of this cassette knocking about. Not everyone could have binned it, surely. Maybe someday...

P.

Richard also says that on that Granada doc. "These Things Take Time".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom