Uncleskinny: Complaints?

Orson Swells

Morrissey is a nice man. Apparently, and I am allowed to say this on this site, but Skinny is a complete and utter twat who has never achieved anything.

Morrissey is a nice man. Apparently, and I am allowed to say this on this site, but Skinny is a complete and utter twat who has never achieved anything.

I've met you David, and you were a nice person, but I really despise online trolls like Skinny. I'm not trolling to any extent. I just really hate online bullies like Skinny and there is no excuse for their behaviour.

The fact that the person behind the site rates my posts as "troll" is ludicrous when someone like Skinny is abusing and swearing at people without any kind of comeback.

It would be better if you reply to the specific points in his post / stay on topic rather than make personal attacks.

I've met you David, and you were a nice person, but I really despise online trolls like Skinny. I'm not trolling to any extent. I just really hate online bullies like Skinny and there is no excuse for their behaviour.

You can create a new thread in the site feedback forum with some evidence, otherwise, I'm just looking at this thread.

I do and they are ignored. Skinny makes personal attacks all the time. Why do you not question him about them?

It would be better if you reply to the specific points in his post / stay on topic rather than make personal attacks.
He makes personal attacks all the time
and most people on this site are sick of his neverending bullying and abusing of other users and I have asked you many times to step in and release him of his moderating duties. Instead you continue to support him. Why?

He certainly diminishes the appeal of this website on a daily basis.

You can create a new thread in the site feedback forum with some evidence, otherwise, I'm just looking at this thread.

Why? I've flagged him up many times. He told me what I said was "horseshit" and then told me to "grow a pair", etc. He swears at people and is abusive. He is a bigot who has no respect for an opinion which isn't his own. A mod shouldn't behave like that.

Edit: I've moved the posts to this thread in the Site Feedback forum.

Please create a thread in the site feedback forum and stop going off-topic here. If it happens 'all the time' it shouldn't be too much effort to gather the evidence.

He makes personal attacks all the time
and most people on this site are sick of his neverending bullying and abusing of other users and I have asked you many times to step in and release him of his moderating duties. Instead you continue to support him. Why?

He certainly diminishes the appeal of thus website on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Please create a thread in the site feedback forum and stop going off-topic here. If it happens 'all the time' it shouldn't be too much effort to gather the evidence.
I'm pretty much done with the level of hate/trollery on here and I joined 5 days ago...

I defend Skinny and believe he can say and do whatever he likes despite the fact that he hates me. I was always able to look past personal issues for the greater good.

As Moz says free speech is under attack.

Someone outspoken with strong opinions may have some people dislike them but that doesn't reflect on moderation duties. When he posts he represents his own opinions, they don't represent the site.

David, do you really want such a toxic human being to represent your website?

Someone outspoken with strong opinions may have some people dislike them but that doesn't reflect on moderation duties. When he posts he represents his own opinions, they don't represent the site.

Strong opinions are fine. I don't care if someone likes or doesn't like a Morrissey album, etc. But someone being abusive and swearing at website members seems wrong to me. Personally I hate online bullies, but they seem to be allowed here.

This website is called Morrissey-solo and most people come here because they appreciate this singer and his songs.
Your moderator dislikes this singer very strongly and very vocally and does not hesitate calling the singer this website is dedicated to a racist, a bigot and a drunk everyday.

Secondly he stifles any debate by constantly berating and abusing other users who don’t agree with his narrowminded pov.

How can you possibly say he moderates well?

Edit: I've moved the posts to this thread in the Site Feedback forum.

Isn't the truth that Skinny has worked on the site for a long time and because of that he has privilege. Would that be so terrible to admit? Just say that if they don't like it go somewhere else. The rules do not apply to Skinny and no amount of evidence will change it. Not that you care about my respect but I would respect that so much more than this squirmy "show me the evidence" routine. You ignore the evidence.

But what I came to this thread to say is that the fact that people are rating Uncle Skinny's post as troll shows that the rating system is broken, basically useless, and only used to harass and censor, in my opinion. I do think that Uncle Skinny pretty much functions as a troll. He has said he's not a fan and doesn't buy the records. He's always quick to post any negative press about Morrissey.
We don't have to agree but my point is that he is a troll, in my opinion, but that post is informative.

Here's my opinion on Uncle Skinny. He called me a piece of shit. I didn't like it, but I managed to go on about my life. Later I called him a sack of dog vomit and he, or someone, allowed it to be posted. He probably laughed at it. Who cares?

I do think it's kind of weird to moderate a site about a person you detest but we all have our quirks. It probably serves you well by creating tension and drama that cause people to return. He's the antagonist. He's a troll. But I think you figured out a long time ago that trolls = traffic. Way back when the site was the never-ending scroll that disappeared and the only permanent posts were in the guestbook people were having their pictures posted and being accused of pedophilia on a regular basis, and it was still the most popular site.

Anyway, just drop the "show me the evidence" routine. Tell people to go to that other place. (They won't stay long.) And drop the ratings.

I certainly do not ignore evidence if it is presented. People generally like to complain but when asked to present the minimal amount of evidence usually go silent.

To answer your other questions about why people continue on this site - just look at yourself, why do you continue to post anonymously on a site that you have been banned from and claim to dislike so much?

Isn't the truth that Skinny has worked on the site for a long time and because of that he has privilege. Would that be so terrible to admit? Just say that if they don't like it go somewhere else. The rules do not apply to Skinny and no amount of evidence will change it. Not that you care about my respect but I would respect that so much more than this squirmy "show me the evidence" routine. You ignore the evidence.

But what I came to this thread to say is that the fact that people are rating Uncle Skinny's post as troll shows that the rating system is broken, basically useless, and only used to harass and censor, in my opinion. I do think that Uncle Skinny pretty much functions as a troll. He has said he's not a fan and doesn't buy the records. He's always quick to post any negative press about Morrissey.
We don't have to agree but my point is that he is a troll, in my opinion, but that post is informative.

Here's my opinion on Uncle Skinny. He called me a piece of shit. I didn't like it, but I managed to go on about my life. Later I called him a sack of dog vomit and he, or someone, allowed it to be posted. He probably laughed at it. Who cares?

I do think it's kind of weird to moderate a site about a person you detest but we all have our quirks. It probably serves you well by creating tension and drama that cause people to return. He's the antagonist. He's a troll. But I think you figured out a long time ago that trolls = traffic. Way back when the site was the never-ending scroll that disappeared and the only permanent posts were in the guestbook people were having their pictures posted and being accused of pedophilia on a regular basis, and it was still the most popular site.

Anyway, just drop the "show me the evidence" routine. Tell people to go to that other place. (They won't stay long.) And drop the ratings.

Moderation involves approving anonymous posts, getting rid of spam, moving threads to the right places as necessary. While he may air his dislike (more recently) you do leave out other contributions such as scans, news and items of interest.

I have encountered many long-time fans who have lost interest or moved on because of the reasons Uncleskinny has been vocal about. I welcome those that want to express their feelings and I certainly understand how they can still be a fan of the work, still be interested in current events. In this case he can also still help maintain this website.

This website is called Morrissey-solo and most people come here because they appreciate this singer and his songs.
Your moderator dislikes this singer very strongly and very vocally and does not hesitate calling the singer this website is dedicated to a racist, a bigot and a drunk everyday.

Secondly he stifles any debate by constantly berating and abusing other users who don’t agree with his narrowminded pov.

How can you possibly say he moderates well?

Back
Top Bottom