Ukulele Thread

That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard! Is he very well known?

well among morrissey fans ,yes he is known
esp from germany yes
he has been around for a year or so..
here is one of the threads about him
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=87226&highlight=perrecy

and the german translations from smiths/moz songs work out very well..I can tell
he also has played live already
THERE IS ALIGHT-DA IST EIN LICHT

IRISH BLOOD:BAYRISCH

PANIK

HAIRDRESSER-HAARSCHNEIDER

FIRST OF- DER ERSTE

HAHA I've heard it all now. You couldn't make this stuff up! It's all really well done, though. Great find, Skinny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to want to play one, only because of Paul McCartney, but I think it lost it's appeal. It only has four strings, it is easy?

:eek::doh: You six-stringers! Always looking down on us! The ukulele people! (The ukulele is the communist instrument!)

I'm not sure if it's easy, but it's easier to stick with because it sounds nicer an awful lot quicker than the guitar. Guitar is harder, but it's quite hard to strum a ukulele! Takes skill and technique!:guitar:

I used to want to play one, only because of Paul McCartney, but I think it lost it's appeal. It only has four strings, it is easy?

I can think of only one McCartney song with a uke in it--"Ram On." Are there others?

They're pretty easy to play. I have a super cheapo one ($25) that I bought for the kids, but they'd rather play their half-sized guitars.

He plays one on Dance Tonight too... I do hate Paul McCartney though!

All hail WS64 and his ukulele covers skills

I've Just Seen a Face-The Beatles (not his best, but he just hurt his hand)

Something-The Beatles

Hey Jude-The Beatles (on his lovely Brueko)

Lucy, In The Sky With Diamonds-The Beatles

Stairway To Heaven-Led Zep (on his guitar-ukulele)

Strawberry Fields Forever-The Beatles

Bohemian Rapsody-Queen

And I Love Her-The Beatles

(Guess what new trick I just learned!:D)

George Harrison was a ukulele enthusiast. :)

All Beatles songs are very good on the ukulele! WS64 is proof of that, if nothing else!

ace of spades

they also covered take me out,toxic space oddity tainted love madonna duran duran etc...

There's probably already one of these, but I have a ukulele and love it!:guitar: It's called Stella!

Anyone else on Moz-solo play one? Anyone else love it?

My friends dad had one, and also a mandolin, but we weren't allowed to play them. Isn't a ukulele like the top four strings on a guitar, except tuned higher?

For the longest time during Freshman P.E last year, I would go around just singing, "Ukulele! Ukulele!" annoyed the shit out of everyone...

that's my ukulele story.

Tags
george formby perrecy stella uke hunt ukulele
Back
Top Bottom