UK Universities

I'm at the University of Edinburgh reading Russian and Politics. I slightly regret not applying for English Literature. :o

The library is fantastic isn't it! I used it when i was at summer school and hardly left.

I didn't like it much at first, but I have warmed to it. I practically lived on the fourth floor in the first two weeks of December! Have you heard anything yet?

The fourth floor is excellent :D.
My college sent my appliction off today so i won't hear anything for a few weeks. I don't think i will get anything from Edinburgh sadly:(.

Ah, ok. Well, nevertheless, fingers crossed. I didn't think I would get in, but I got a nice offer just after the application deadline had passed. (And very welcome it was too, after two rejections!)

I applied to Edinburgh last year and i got a conditional place but didn't get the grades which was heart breaking. They want more grades after two years of highers and since i am only doing 3 this year i don't have much of a chance but i applied anyway and i have my fingers corssed.
How are you finding it?

How unfortunate. :( You never know! Good luck with the application.

It was very odd at first, being so far from home and whatnot, but I am liking it more and more as time goes on. I like the city and the people I am acquainted with are - mostly - decent. (That said, there are far too many Metro supermarkets in Old Town.)

My first choice is Stirling though:).

I love the city centre here! Indeed they are too many metro supermarkets in Newington. Some good cafe's though. You should go to Susie's;).

I like Black Medicine. Susie's? I take it that it's good?

Yes it's veggie buffet like cafe and they have live music. It's across from the Blind poet and round the corner form the Native state if you are interested.
I have never actually been in Black Medicine. Have you been to the Elephant house- that is the best cafe in Edinburgh.

Ooh, nice. I must have walked past it many a time. Native State is the hangout of most of our societies, but you probably know that already.

I have not, no. :o These things take time!

After a year of bumming around various countries deciding what the hell I wanted to do with my life, I was very pleased to receive an offer to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Magdalen College, Oxford. Congratulations to all of you who've taken altogether more sensible routes into higher education than I did - seems like it's paid off, and I thoroughly hope you all enjoy yourselves.

I won't be posting on the forum again, so I just wanted to say - goodbye, and good luck. :)

Coiff.

After a year of bumming around various countries deciding what the hell I wanted to do with my life, I was very pleased to receive an offer to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Magdalen College, Oxford. Congratulations to all of you who've taken altogether more sensible routes into higher education than I did - seems like it's paid off, and I thoroughly hope you all enjoy yourselves.

I won't be posting on the forum again, so I just wanted to say - goodbye, and good luck. :)

Coiff.

Congratulations Coiff! That is fantastic news; I wish you well. :)

Coiff.

Goodbye and good luck Coiff. :) :guitar:

I have an interview at Falmouth University later this month. Shame of the matter is that I live in Cambridge, which makes it a 6 hour trip just for an interview. It isn't even my first choice.

I also applied to Lincoln, Sheffield & Canterbury Christ Church University.

I have an interview at Falmouth University later this month. Shame of the matter is that I live in Cambridge, which makes it a 6 hour trip just for an interview. It isn't even my first choice.

I also applied to Lincoln, Sheffield & Canterbury Christ Church University.

I live in Lincoln. It has a really good student union, The Engine Shed has to be one of the best student venues in the country.

We need more morrissey fans in lincoln! At time of print, I think there's about four.

i just got an email saying that i have been accepted into the creative writing program at bolton university. i don't have any qualifications at all, so this acceptance is based solely on some examples of writing i sent them. i'm pretty bloody chuffed.

now i have to sort out moving to bolton though. within a month. :eek:

i just got an email saying that i have been accepted into the creative writing program at bolton university. i don't have any qualifications at all, so this acceptance is based solely on some examples of writing i sent them. i'm pretty bloody chuffed.

now i have to sort out moving to bolton though. within a month. :eek:

:eek:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I live in Lincoln. It has a really good student union, The Engine Shed has to be one of the best student venues in the country.

We need more morrissey fans in lincoln! At time of print, I think there's about four.

This is a good sign, well it's my first choice. Media Production Degree I am looking into.

Only 4 Morrissey fans that can't do. Well if your unlucky you might run into me.

This is a good sign, well it's my first choice. Media Production Degree I am looking into.

Only 4 Morrissey fans that can't do. Well if your unlucky you might run into me.

maybe! just maybe.
although i will either be going to liverpool or goldsmiths in september, so won't be in lincoln as much i am now! you can carry on the morrissey torch for me?

I got into Manchester, if that counts. I just wanted to give it a try. But I don't know how anything works over there and I'm cheap...so I stuck with my "Public Ivy"

Back
Top Bottom