UK tour dates confirmed on true-to-you.net

Update (Mar. 14 8:05am PT): Posted in the comments - people that have called See Tickets and venues are reporting Friday Mar. 18 as the actual onsale date.

Update (Mar. 11 4:25pm PT) on true-to-you.net, posted by Caitlin:

Plymouth date

Morrissey will play Plymouth Pavilions on Thursday 30 June in place of the previously announced concert at Cheltenham.

Update (Mar. 10 4:05pm PT) on Cheltenham on true-to-you.net, posted by Fulham Road Lights (original post), as predicted by Brel (original post):

* Update: The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year.

On TTY
Dates confirmed

8 March 2011

Tickets go onsale on Monday 14th March for the following Morrissey concerts :

June 15 (Weds) PERTH City Hall (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 17 (Friday) INVERNESS Ironworks (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 18 (Saturday) DUNOON Queens Hall (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 20 (Monday) DUNFERMLINE Alhambra Theater (Scotland): support group BROTHER.
June 21 (Tuesday) HAWICK City Hall (Scotland) : support group BROTHER.
June 24 (Friday) GRIMSBY Auditorium (England) : support group FLATS.
June 25 (Saturday) YORK Barbican (England) : support group MONA.
June 27 (Monday) BRADFORD St George's Hall (England) : support group MONA.
June 30 (Thursday) CHELTENHAM Centaur (England) : support group MONA.

Last edited by a moderator:
cmon moz welsh gig please,,,,none since ringleaders tour.

comon moz welsh gig please,,,,not one since ringleader tour,

Morrissey “can make us live more in one single hour than life can make us live in a score of shameful years” (-Oscar Wilde).

Come on Mozza add some US dates... Chicago please!

"A life without...is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." - O.W.

The news is like fresh air, a great first lap of a new tour. :thumb:

On Seatwave, Morrissey is listed as playing Rome on March 24th......is this true? Not that I've a hope in hell of getting there.

Moz certainly knows how to be ultra random in picking his tour dates, not that I'm complaining though, its good to see him touring again.. I'm currently weighing up my options....which obscure town is easiest to get to? lol

It says 'tickets on sale' but doesn't mention from where; Ticketmaster and Seetickets have no listings as yet, anyone got any idea where you'll be able to buy these from?

All these people saying "America loves you more, Morrissey!", please get over it.

There's a Morrissey night every month in Manchester for crying out loud. How many in "Moz" Angeles last year?

All of the people howling "We love you more" should get over their geographical location, as if it matters. It's a small planet, and Morrissey is universal.

I'll bet anyone that he plays Skin Storm on this mini-tour (or at least in Bradford).

All these people saying "America loves you more, Morrissey!", please get over it.

There's a Morrissey night every month in Manchester for crying out loud. How many in "Moz" Angeles last year?

there is more than one each month!

I'll bet anyone that he plays Skin Storm on this mini-tour (or at least in Bradford).

What a nice little insider but please leave the story of Bradfords drummer under the floorboards, pliiiis.

I goz high hopes for a mini-tour without a new mediocre record to promote. Imagine the Boxers-Tour 02/1995 or the Oye Esteban Tour 1999/2000. It was fantastic to hear our man play gems like "Swallow on my neck", "You gonna need someone on your side" or "Boxers". In 1995 he tried to take the live experience directly into the studio and succeeded with "Southpaw", still one of his finest moments. Maybe he can do so again?
I don't think the new album has been recorded but a fine 7 or 12" like Boxers in 01/1995 released at the very start of the tour would be fine. My only mistake is : I'm hoping. :o

Last edited:
He's touring to promote his forthcoming cash-in album? How inspiring.

Without any new material, we can expect to be treated to The First Of The Gang To Die for the millionth time and various old Smiths songs being trotted out in the absence of anything relevant. I think I'll pass.

No. 27

Actually, the days of touring in order to support an album are long gone. The tour itself is the cashcow these days. As for having to endure an evening stood on your own two feet whilst the odd old Smiths song is sung? Your in the minority.

Any new tracks (when they appear) will hopefully not have the heavily distorted heavy metal guitar sound that has been prevelant on the last albums. Time for a radical departure to something new (or old!) sounding.

Any new tracks (when they appear) will hopefully not have the heavily distorted heavy metal guitar sound that has been prevelant on the last albums. Time for a radical departure to something new (or old!) sounding.

Agree totally. If he keeps that sound for much longer he'll be headling at Download or Sonisphere next year!

What was that comment about california being the only dates that matter? Its because morrissey exhausted his voice with american dates 1st in 2009 that the uk fans suffered cancelled dates- swindon,brixton, bournmouth, birmingham, salisbury etc.- remember his words , he has an"english heart"!

Actually, the days of touring in order to support an album are long gone. The tour itself is the cashcow these days. As for having to endure an evening stood on your own two feet whilst the odd old Smiths song is sung? Your in the minority.

Funny, then, how the announcement of live dates roughly coincides with the release of a "new" album. There was a time when hearing the odd Smiths song at a Morrissey concert - circa 1997, '99, '02 -would've excited me, but not now. He's become predictable and the gigs formulaic.

I continue (perhaps misguidedly) to hope that his next album could be really great. Only then would I grace him with my presence once again.

No. 27

Anyone know what the Perth and Inverness venues are like? Seated only or standing?

EDIT: Ok, Ironworks looks like a proper venue at least. Not finding much info on Perth City Hall though?

Last edited:
course he's going to do the US, is it not his main bread&butter?...relax those dates will be announced soon enough...now, pass me down the wine and sausages.:D

OH YES!
Grimsby - home town. Live literally 5 mins away. Never been to a Morrissey gig either (not like I've had many chances seen as I'm 16). Really, really excited! Right after my exams too - but of a celebration I think!
Anyone got any tips for a Morrissey gig? Where to sit/row etc?
Ta!

Funny, then, how the announcement of live dates roughly coincides with the release of a "new" album. There was a time when hearing the odd Smiths song at a Morrissey concert - circa 1997, '99, '02 -would've excited me, but not now. He's become predictable and the gigs formulaic.

I continue (perhaps misguidedly) to hope that his next album could be really great. Only then would I grace him with my presence once again.

No. 27

As you say, there was a time when you would have been glad to hear them? And some of those times you mention were on tours when he had no album to promote. I'm sure that any extra sales generated will be gratefully received, but the ticket sales and associated merchandising sales are where the revenue streams will be most flowing.

OH YES!
Grimsby - home town. Live literally 5 mins away. Never been to a Morrissey gig either (not like I've had many chances seen as I'm 16). Really, really excited! Right after my exams too - but of a celebration I think!
Anyone got any tips for a Morrissey gig? Where to sit/row etc?
Ta!

Stand. Front row. Brace yourself.

Dave

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom