UK tour dates confirmed on true-to-you.net

Update (Mar. 14 8:05am PT): Posted in the comments - people that have called See Tickets and venues are reporting Friday Mar. 18 as the actual onsale date.

Update (Mar. 11 4:25pm PT) on true-to-you.net, posted by Caitlin:

Plymouth date

Morrissey will play Plymouth Pavilions on Thursday 30 June in place of the previously announced concert at Cheltenham.

Update (Mar. 10 4:05pm PT) on Cheltenham on true-to-you.net, posted by Fulham Road Lights (original post), as predicted by Brel (original post):

* Update: The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year.

On TTY
Dates confirmed

8 March 2011

Tickets go onsale on Monday 14th March for the following Morrissey concerts :

June 15 (Weds) PERTH City Hall (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 17 (Friday) INVERNESS Ironworks (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 18 (Saturday) DUNOON Queens Hall (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 20 (Monday) DUNFERMLINE Alhambra Theater (Scotland): support group BROTHER.
June 21 (Tuesday) HAWICK City Hall (Scotland) : support group BROTHER.
June 24 (Friday) GRIMSBY Auditorium (England) : support group FLATS.
June 25 (Saturday) YORK Barbican (England) : support group MONA.
June 27 (Monday) BRADFORD St George's Hall (England) : support group MONA.
June 30 (Thursday) CHELTENHAM Centaur (England) : support group MONA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm so maybe there will be more south dates announced but i dont want to then ignore these dates and then theres no more dates and i have nothing!? Oh i dunno what to do...

At this time, TTY are saying there are no more dates after a replacement date for Cheltenham has been found.

hi all, im a massive massive morrissey fan like you all. im not a member here or anything (but check this site alot) but just saw the dates come up and was shot through the heart! im traveling just now and am in OZ sooooo sadly i wont make it! i can tell you the ironworks is a perfect modern venue!! clean, good bar, small and tight, close 2 stage...amazing sound = perfect! bit of history with him going back to inverness as well with the smiths playing back in the 80s at eden court. i think inverness even hold on to the fact they did and still call it the most famous band to play that far north. anyway i hope you all enjoy... im just truly gutted :(

Yes,Yes,Yes. Please come to the states....Chicago will wait patiently w open arms.

mona and brother sound good but as for flats , well................ the A19 has better sounds

I just received heard from one of the venues that they are expecting tickets to go onsale on Friday the 18th although they are still awaiting conformation of it. x

As great new as this is, do you think the times will coincide with public transport for example, I was planning on going to the Dunoon date but that would include a ferry and train journey home, will the concert be over in plenty of time for me to make the last of these links?

Regarding the TTY announcement that these will be the only gigs this year, I wonder if the same people bemoaning this warm-up for the festival date(s) as a "pointless" mini-tour will now be complaining about the lack of any further UK dates...? It's like the old Yiddish joke that Woody Allen tells about the woman who complains that her husband believes he's a chicken. "Why don't you take him to a doctor?" asks a friend. "I would," says the woman, "but we need the eggs".

Does that mean Glastonbury on Sunday 26th?

I am working there so Please Please Please let me get what I want

Are any of these tickets listed on Ticketmaster or elsewhere yet?

Living in Swindon and therefore seeing him faint in the latter half of 2009, the Cheltenham gig would have been the only feasible way for me to see him perform properly for the first time. Personally I'm gutted it's been cancelled and can only hope he'll reschedule somewhere remotely near.

As great new as this is, do you think the times will coincide with public transport for example, I was planning on going to the Dunoon date but that would include a ferry and train journey home, will the concert be over in plenty of time for me to make the last of these links?

Dunoon, for whatever reason (proximity to Glasgow?) is looking pretty popular - I was also hoping to go to this as I used to live there but looks like I'll have to be pretty snappy on Monday morning - if they do in fact go on sale on Monday.
Yes, you'll be out in time to get the ferry. The last ferry is around 11.30 - it leaves from the Western Ferries pier, about 2 miles outside Dunoon. Pretty sure there is a train to Glasgow that connects to it, too. Plenty of others will be doing the same journey too (including me, hopefully) so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Cheltenham date has now been changed to Plymouth Pavilions on 30th of June

Back
Top Bottom