UK Setlist .v. USA Setlist

What are the chances that what we are seeing in America shall be what we see in UK? Or should we be looking out for a few setlist changes?

Thoughts?

Love PTxx.

*sigh*

If you've looked up passionsjustlikemine.com, you find the pattern of the setlist of the tour.
UK tour will be just one or two songs change, I suppose.

Morrissey tour setlists evolve slowly over time.

You're not going to see a radical change from the last US date to the first UK date. Rather, you will likely see a handful of 'new' (aka different) songs rotated into the set over the course of the tour. Meaning, chances are the setlists you see now in March will probably be somewhat different come July. But it doesn't happen overnight - these things take time, to borrow a phrase.

However, thus far, while no HUGE surprises (now that we've all digested "This Charming Man" and "I Keep Mine Hidden,") he has been mixing it up night-to-night fairly decently. At least as compared to, say, 2002 where the set was pretty much the same for the entire tour, with the exception of "Hand In Glove" being added towards the end.

*sigh*

If you've looked up passionsjustlikemine.com, you find the pattern of the setlist of the tour.

No need to be snippy or rude, Miss K. That *sigh* was very condescending.

You're not going to see a radical change from the last US date to the first UK date. Rather, you will likely see a handful of 'new' (aka different) songs rotated into the set over the course of the tour. Meaning, chances are the setlists you see now in March will probably be somewhat different come July. But it doesn't happen overnight - these things take time, to borrow a phrase.

However, thus far, while no HUGE surprises (now that we've all digested "This Charming Man" and "I Keep Mine Hidden,") he has been mixing it up night-to-night fairly decently. At least as compared to, say, 2002 where the set was pretty much the same for the entire tour, with the exception of "Hand In Glove" being added towards the end.

This is how it's done. See? Not so hard.

Do you know how many setlist threads PT has been posted in last three years?

This set list is very similar to the European dates of last year, less the new album tracks of course. Doubt it will change much again which surprises me.

People always moan throughout the tour that "the setlist is always the same, he never changes anything". Then someone will make a list of just how many songs he's included over the tour to make them look extremely silly. People seem to have the memories of goldfish it seems. :D

*sigh*

Jesus, sorry to be such a pain.
I am interested in the set lists...so sorry if I happen to have posted a few threads regarding such a topic over the last 3 years!

Seriously, asking a question around this place is such a pain sometimes.

Love PTxx.

Thank you very much!! At least some people round here haven't got their head shoved too far up their own arse and have the time to reply in a decent manner.

Love PTxx.

Jesus, sorry to be such a pain.
I am interested in the set lists...so sorry if I happen to have posted a few threads regarding such a topic over the last 3 years!

Seriously, asking a question around this place is such a pain sometimes.

Love PTxx.

No need to apologise,PT:it was a reasonable question to ask on a MORRISSEY forum.

Kewpie, do you seriously not have bigger things to worry about?

These sorts of threads are what I call pointless:
'Top 50 Movie Special Effects Shots'
'Stabbed Girl Was Saved BY £6 Bra'
'Perviest Member Of Solo'
'OMG!! Smiths Hating BF Registered On Solo'
'The Saddest and Twisted Member Of The Forum'
'What Costumes Should Morrissey Try Next?'

And don't try to have a go at me for setting up a couple of threads about setlists when you have 18, 813 posts, most of which are telling people to go raking through other threads to find their answers when you could have used your time to just let them know the answer!

Love PTxx.

Last edited:
Great thread P.T, ignore Kewpie always seems to be a bit "off" with us northern lads! I rekon things will change by the time he comes to U.K. I doubt Moz will change the YOR stuff, but i think songs like "ask", "How Soon is now", Billy Budd", "death of a disco..." will be scrapped as they were played at the european dates in the summer. Who knows he might add "the queen is dead", "boy with thorn in his side" like he played in america a year or so ago but never played in U.K

This isn't a problem really!! stupid questions like "is morrissey a good tiddly winks player" is a problem

Great thread P.T, ignore Kewpie always seems to be a bit "off" with us northern lads! I rekon things will change by the time he comes to U.K. I doubt Moz will change the YOR stuff, but i think songs like "ask", "How Soon is now", Billy Budd", "death of a disco..." will be scrapped as they were played at the european dates in the summer. Who knows he might add "the queen is dead", "boy with thorn in his side" like he played in america a year or so ago but never played in U.K

Cheers! Yeah, I was annoyed the USA got Boy With The Thorn... and this is the reason I asked the question. Just wondering how changed it may be. I agree that the YOR may stay the same. But having looked at recent set lists it seems very similar to the Euro dates so I was wondering if this may change by the time he enters the UK in a few months.

Love PTxx.

This isn't a problem really!! stupid questions like "is morrissey a good tiddly winks player" is a problem

Sound! Exactly! Agreed.

Love PTxx.

This made me laugh. :lbf:

I love setlist threads, but I'm trying to avoid them for about a month before my Morrissey gig. I really hope he keeps 'This Charming Man' in for the whole tour. If I had one wish, it's for him to add 'Cemetry Gates' to the setlist. I'm not going to make any predictions because, well, I'd be wrong. :o But I noticed that there isn't really any recent B-sides in the current set, so is it wishful thinking that we might hear 'Children In Pieces' on the Irsh & English dates?

People always moan throughout the tour that "the setlist is always the same, he never changes anything". Then someone will make a list of just how many songs he's included over the tour to make them look extremely silly. People seem to have the memories of goldfish it seems. :D

The setlist does indeed change over an extended period of time. However if you are seeing two shows in two consecutive nights the set list is pretty much the same. Perhaps there is one song that is different.

Phish just played three shows last weekend at Hampton over three consecutive days. I already downloaded the shows and according to iTunes they played 85 songs for a total of 10 hrs 27 minutes and 44 seconds. Not one song was played twice over the course of the weekend.

Let me repeat that. Not ONE song was repeated. If you went to one show you saw a great show. If you went to all three you saw three great shows and received your money's worth as each show was different.

Sorry, but Morrissey and the Band need to step it up. If I am paying to see a band for two engagements I want to hear different music especially when you have such an extensive back catalog as Morrissey does.

Tags
boo hoo mods = wtf!?! pt owns y'all
Back
Top Bottom