Morrissey Central "UK SELL-OUTS" (June 25, 2022)

UK SELL-OUTS

Morrissey is delighted at the immediate high-speed sales for Manchester, Blackpool, Doncaster, Stockton,
Birmingham and the London Palladium. Official ticket sales have been kept between 40 to 80 pounds for all
venues. The Morrissey team is thankful to everyone for being so enthusiastic.

unnamed-4_idxlfx.jpg

Pictured on the side of what was a pub known for its poetry wall.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

How grand it feels to click your heels
And join in the fun of the gigs and meals
I'm handing you no blarney
The likes you've never known
Is Morrissey in Killarney
With all of the folks at home

The door is always open
The neighbors pay a call
And Father Ted before he's gone
Will bless the house and all

That’s the first thing I thought of when the Killarney gig was posted. Hulmerist on repeat ingrained in my brain! though I’ve still yet to find the version that was playing in the background of that scene. Would have been funny and a bit strange if it was the Joan Morrissey version.

Sellout UK tour extra dates due to overwhelming demand

Interesting take you have there.... comparing a woman abuser to a man who has an opinion. Each to their own, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️
I am really not comparing as much as asking people to take notice of something interesting. For all the hate on here for his "words", people are still showing up to see him live. Can you separate the art from the artist? It appears that many do and even in the case of Prying Adams for which I can't separate. I can listen to the song's, I already own, but it stops there. No new albums no concerts. When it comes to a Michael Jackson song, I turn the dial as fast as possible. The same goes for Gary Glitter!

All dates are NOT sold out. 'High-speed sales' do not mean sold out. Though we understand why it had to be spun that way. Blackpool, for example.

LP5r2iR.jpg
Why is it even a spin? Some dates are sold out. Some aren't. This is marketing 101 on creating a scarcity mentality and hype.

I think the spin you are trying to promote here is that only Morrissey concerts are promoted this way. Please don't leave us guessing with your vague innuendo. Say what you mean.

I am really not comparing as much as asking people to take notice of something interesting. For all the hate on here for his "words", people are still showing up to see him live. Can you separate the art from the artist? It appears that many do and even in the case of Prying Adams for which I can't separate. I can listen to the song's, I already own, but it stops there. No new albums no concerts. When it comes to a Michael Jackson song, I turn the dial as fast as possible. The same goes for Gary Glitter!
i find it very easy to seperate the art from the artist especially with gary glitter,when i play rock n roll part 1 i hear a fantastic song,a song which is played up and down american football college games every week where it is known as the hey song,was used in the famous joker film where hes walking down the stairs in the film of the same name.a great song is a great song

i find it very easy to seperate the art from the artist especially with gary glitter,when i play rock n roll part 1 i hear a fantastic song,a song which is played up and down american football college games every week where it is known as the hey song,was used in the famous joker film where hes walking down the stairs in the film of the same name.a great song is a great song
Separating the art from the artist tends to have limits for me and Morrissey has done absolutely nothing wrong except have an opinion. There is a galaxy apart from Morrissey and others such as Glitter, Picasso, Adams etc who are, simply put, scum of the earth.

I'm waiting for him to ruin the tour by versing his opinions on 'Roe Vs Wade' Ukraine or any other current affairs.

Hopefully there'll br no more interviews
Morrissey has only ever expressed pro-choice views, and the fact that he hasn't said anything about Ukraine or any other current affairs on his own website, when he's had plenty of opportunity to, leads me to believe that he's not going to.

Separating the art from the artist tends to have limits for me and Morrissey has done absolutely nothing wrong except have an opinion. There is a galaxy apart from Morrissey and others such as Glitter, Picasso, Adams etc who are, simply put, scum of the earth.

Describing Picasso as ‘scum of the Earth’ is ridiculous.

Ryan Adams, Gary Glitter, Tom Meighan, Ian Watkins, R Kelly, Moz.

Spot the odd one out? 🤔

Music has been historically and still is littered with dirt bags. Moz just opens his trap and doesn't think about the consequences occasionally, he's a good person in reality. No one would be the way he is with animals if there wasn't kindness in his heart.

"Official ticket sales have been kept started between 40 to 80 pounds for all venues' would be more accurate, as Ticketmaster are selling price inflated 'Platinum Tickets' for shows.

As Ticketmaster put it: These tickets vary in price driven by demand from fans, similar to airline tickets and hotel rooms. By using this dynamic pricing, we give fans an opportunity to safely buy official tickets for the events they love right up to the date of the show.

So a quick look shows:
Manchester hasn't sold out - Ticketmaster have increased the prices to £148.95+
Blackpool hasn't sold out - Ticketmaster have increased the prices to £222.60+
Doncaster hasnt sold out - Ticketmaster have increased the prices to £201.30 +
Birmingham hasn't sold out - Ticketmaster have increased the prices to £122.25
Palladium hasn't sold out - TIcketmaster have increased the prices to £254.40+

The only show which appears to have completely sold out in the old-fashioned use of the word (as in no tickets available from the primary seller) is Doncaster.

That said - I'm sure all venues would have sold out, were not for Ticktmaster's new price-gouging policy, which kicked in on some seats as soon as they went on sale
Morrissey is absolutely responsible for allowing this behaviour by the promoters and ticket agencies.

It's now commonplace for bands and artists to pitch reasonable ticket prices to gauge demand. If there's genuine market enthusiasm for a gig, they claim it's sold out, hoping to create panic buying, so they can then flog tickets on secondary sites to beat the touts whilst allowing artists to feign ignorance and plausible deniablity. In other words: the bands and artists are now the ticket touts. If they don't flog them at inflated prices, they mysteriously reappear close to the event date due to 'production venue release' criteria.

The 'pre-sales' now routinely flog crap seats to gullible fans, keeping the prime stock for reselling on secondary sites.

No doubt the pre-sale purchasers here got seats in the front rows of stalls and balconies at these gigs?

Important to note this is now industry wide, not specific to Morrissey. However, he invites censure and a firm rebuke because he makes such a demonstrably false claim of pricing democracy in this press release. He is responsible for allowing the promoter to seek premium sales on official sites.

If demand is indeed at 'sold out' levels, extra gigs at venues will be added. Otherwise, it's marketing spin, devious bullshit to try to create a buzz for recording contract negotiations that Morrissey is still a 'hot ticket'. If he is, he'll add a few arenas to mop up the fan's demand to see him. If not. Who cares?

Loads of C-List 80s acts are flogging their arses around small venues, flogging dodgy merch to prop up the pension fund. Why should we expect otherwise given the income stream from recorded music is negligible other than for A List mega-acts? Morrissey is no more or no less ludicrous than any other 80s has-been like Ferry or ABC.

It's just a memory night out for the balding Boomers mourning the collapse of their quiffs as they approach their dotage. Morrissey appears to have had some 'work' or maybe just Botox or temporary interventions for his re-emergence. He's now such a fcUKin saddoe that he uses ancient pics of himself thinking it's terribly Dorian Gray. It isn't. It's just silly. But no more than all the other losers thrashing around imagining they're still punk rock rebels as they hold in their midriff with an appropriate swathe of lycra.

BB

Last edited:
Morrissey is absolutely responsible for allowing this behaviour by the promoters and ticket agencies.

It's now commonplace for bands and artists to pitch reasonable ticket prices to gauge demand. If there's genuine market enthusiasm for a gig, they claim it's sold out, hoping to create panic buying, so they can then flog tickets on secondary sites to beat the touts whilst allowing artists to feign ignorance and plausible deniablity. In other words: the bands and artists are now the ticket touts. If they don't flog them at inflated prices, they mysteriously reappear close to the event date due to 'production venue release' criteria.

The 'pre-sales' now routinely flog crap seats to gullible fans, keeping the prime stock for reselling on secondary sites.

No doubt the pre-sale purchasers here got seats in the front rows of stalls and balconies at these gigs?

Important to note this is now industry wide, not specific to Morrissey. However, he invites censure and a firm rebuke because he makes such a demonstrably false claim of pricing democracy in this press release. He is responsible for allowing the promoter to seek premium sales on official sites.

If demand is indeed at 'sold out' levels, extra gigs at venues will be added. Otherwise, it's marketing spin, devious bullshit to try to create a buzz for recording contract negotiations that Morrissey is still a 'hot ticket'. If he is, he'll add a few arenas to mop up the fan's demand to see him. If not. Who cares?

Loads of C-List 80s acts are flogging their arrest around small venues, flogging dodgy merch to prop up the pension fund. Why should we expect otherwise given the income stream from recorded music is negligible other than for A List mega-acts? Morrissey is no more or no less ludicrous than any other 80s has-been like Ferry or ABC.

It's just a memory night out for the balding Boomers mourning the collapse of their quiffs as they approach their dotage. Morrissey appears to have had some 'work' or maybe just Botox or temporary interventions for his re-emergence. He's now such a fcUKin saddoe that he uses ancient pics of himself thinking it's terribly Dorian Gray. It isn't. It's just silly. But no more than all the other losers thrashing around imagining they're still pink rock rebels as they hold in their midriff with an appropriate swathe of lycra.

BB
If he has to cut a deal to promote an album and make money which is without a label then he’s responsible for intelligence. 🫠

It's now commonplace for bands and artists to pitch reasonable ticket prices to gauge demand. If there's genuine market enthusiasm for a gig, they claim it's sold out, hoping to create panic buying, so they can then flog tickets on secondary sites to beat the touts whilst allowing artists to feign ignorance and plausible deniablity. In other words: the bands and artists are now the ticket touts. If they don't flog them at inflated prices, they mysteriously reappear close to the event date due to 'production venuecrelease' criteria.

Important to note this is now industry wide, not specific to Morrissey. However, he invites censure and a firm rebuke because he makes such a demonstrably false claim of pricing democracy in this press release.

Loads of C-List 80s acts are flogging their arrest around small venues, flogging dodgy merch to prop up the pension fund. Why should we expect otherwise given the income stream from recorded music is negligible other than for A List mega-acts? Morrissey is no more or no less ludicrous than any other 80s has-been like Ferry or ABC.

It's just a memory night out for the balding Boomers mourning the collapse of their quiffs as they approach their dotage. Morrissey appears to have had some 'work' or maybe just Botox or temporary interventions for his re-emergence. He's now such a fcUKin saddle that he uses ancient pics of himself thinking it's terribly Dorian Gray. It isn't. It's just silly. But no more than all the other losers thrashing around imagining they're still pink rock rebels as they hold in their midriff with an appropriate swathe of lycra.

BB
I’m not sure that’s true, artists themselves have protested about Viagogo who pioneered this ‘premium ticket’ nonsense. This isn’t to say that they, or their agents, don’t ultimately benefit in some way.

It’s quite correct that presales take advantage of the opportunity to flog the crappest seats to the most enthusiastic fans (and charge them extra for the privilege). But that’s a long-standing trick which venues used to do: filling seats from the back to the front was routine.

Anyway, enjoy your Morrissey gig.

I’m not sure that’s true, artists themselves have protested about Viagogo who pioneered this ‘premium ticket’ nonsense. This isn’t to say that they, or their agents, don’t ultimately benefit in some way.

It’s quite correct that presales take advantage of the opportunity to flog the crappest seats to the most enthusiastic fans (and charge them extra for the privilege). But that’s a long-standing trick which venues used to do: filling seats from the back to the front was routine.

Anyway, enjoy your Morrissey gig.

BB will.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom