Morrissey Central "UK SELL-OUTS" (June 25, 2022)

UK SELL-OUTS

Morrissey is delighted at the immediate high-speed sales for Manchester, Blackpool, Doncaster, Stockton,
Birmingham and the London Palladium. Official ticket sales have been kept between 40 to 80 pounds for all
venues. The Morrissey team is thankful to everyone for being so enthusiastic.

unnamed-4_idxlfx.jpg

Pictured on the side of what was a pub known for its poetry wall.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

It's smart to get ahead of the media. Create your own story! Morrissey has always been wise enough to do that.

"You are what you tell people you are. They will believe it!"
Was it Morrissey who put out the audio of words formed in his own racist mouth and spoken from his factually racist small mind?
#DerSpiegel

I still think tickets prices might come right down. These days there's no real way of gauging true demand until about two weeks before an event, as there are so many digital ticket touts. Amongst many others, it happened with the big Stone Roses reunion concerts with all nights apparently selling out straight away, tickets then going for £200 on E-bay etc. A couple of weeks before the shows, they dropped way below face value to something like £50. So if you're still trying to get a ticket, my advice is wait until nearer the time, don't go and spend over £200. However, as a disclaimer, my advice is not always right!
Morrissey is extremely right.

Mad in Madrid ill in Seville alone in Barcelona ,gaga in Malaga,happy in Manchester Birmingham, Londres......Very happy forMoz!!!!! 🥰

I'm going to be there in every place in every place. ... My heart is going to travel a lot and it's going to be hidden in every show to see it... to get excited and shudder with each song.I want them to pamper Moz, he deserves it. Moz will be of you everything in those days!!!!! 🥰

:lbf: I can't remember ever having paid more than 38 pounds for a rock/ pop concert.

But even at the opera I get the cheapest seats. And I bruise my behind on them!

I guess I like to suffer for my art!

I once nearly got expelled for popping for a drink in Hardys Well, a pub in Rusholme. In the end, I was the only one who didn’t get named.

and to think TM were one of the businesses up
In arms about eBay allowing people to flog tickets. What they’re doing is worse. 😡
i got a few tickets off ebay round about quarry and ringleader tours,and it was only a few quid above the actual ticket price,ticketmaster,at least dick turpin wore a mask.

:lbf: I can't remember ever having paid more than 38 pounds for a rock/ pop concert.

i still have at least a dozen old tickets and they were nearly all priced between £28-£32.those were the days.all venues will sell out,robbie williams is playing hampden park in glasgow,ten years ago this would have sold out in minutes,everybody has their moment.

RoH has standing tickets.. for the insane

Not quite, because ‘official’ vendors (in this case Gigs and Tours) will be stopped from doing it by the artists’ management teams. But yes, when ticket sellers became increasingly regulated you could’ve been forgiven for thinking this profiteering is something they’d prevent—instead it’s been helped because now the plod crack down on touting outside venues, whilst licensed agencies are free to do as they please.

So the real touting is going on with the venue now. Wonderful.

I reckon that a deal has been cut in order to ensure Morrissey stays true to his word and fans regarding prices but…. the ticket sellers have reserved some tickets for themselves simply for profit in the name of Corona…. so this statement means ‘I’ve done my bit and that’s all I can do, sorry.’

Ah, Hardy's Well.
The landlord used to wander around with a parrot, there was a Morrissey poster there for a couple of years that someone drew a Hitler tash on.
It's one of my many buildings that shows just what a joyless shit-tip Manchester has become. It can't be used for entertainment or leisure, oh no no - just sat there rotting until someone knocks it down and builds flats on it.

So Ticketmaster have decided to solve the problem of touts by....becoming the touts and touting their own tickets at inflated prices. Oh Brave New World. :sick:

Ah, Hardy's Well.
The landlord used to wander around with a parrot, there was a Morrissey poster there for a couple of years that someone drew a Hitler tash on.
It's one of my many buildings that shows just what a joyless shit-tip Manchester has become. It can't be used for entertainment or leisure, oh no no - just sat there rotting until someone knocks it down and builds flats on it.
Memories 😅

Agreed, apartments and shitty cocktails with flumps in them. 🤷‍♀️

I thought it had been done up? Last time I saw it, it had the Lemn Sissay poem on the side?

I don‘t get up that neck of the woods much these days. Now that North Manchester is a hip place to be (get’s coat). 👀

Back
Top Bottom